Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

Firey bearded lads - one question for you regarding SC Fyreslayers.

The big drake came with 3 heroes, right? Each one of them can ride atop of it or be assembled as a unit on foot? There is enough parts to make Father on Magmadroth and Son and Smith on foot from this box (alongside of 10 Vulkites)? It's the very same kit as Magmadroth box on its own?

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Firey bearded lads - one question for you regarding SC Fyreslayers.

The big drake came with 3 heroes, right? Each one of them can ride atop of it or be assembled as a unit on foot? There is enough parts to make Father on Magmadroth and Son and Smith on foot from this box (alongside of 10 Vulkites)? It's the very same kit as Magmadroth box on its own?

YES! its an amazing deal and with ZERO conversions to make it happen. I bought 3 starter boxes and for just a tad more per box than I would have payed for Vulkites anyways I now have 1 Father on Mag, 2 Father on Foot, 1 Son on Mag, 2 on foot, and 1 Smiter on Mag and 2 on foot. As far as HQs go this is one of the cheapest they have ever produced. 

1 hour ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Wait, so there are 10 Vulkite bodies and 3 "hero" bodies? That is... well... way better then I've thought. Off to buy some SC's (and sell the Drakes) to get cheap Vulkites I go :D

If you put the runesmiter on the magmadroth then you can only build a father or son on foot.  The other configs on magma will give you 1 of each.

4 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

If you put the runesmiter on the magmadroth then you can only build a father or son on foot.  The other configs on magma will give you 1 of each.

oh yeah I forgot about that part, I just put my Runefather sitting on a rock (im not considering that a conversion, no cutting of plastic involved, just tasteful placement of the spare war horn. )

hello all i have been working on creating a real competitve list one of those i will have no friends type of list lol so here goes.

fyreslayers 1960 pts

fyreslayer allegiance ability
warrior kinband

heroes
Runeson on magmadroth - exemplar of the ancients and either obsidian coronet or meteoric axe
battle smith
runesmiter - ash-plum sigil or vulcanic rune
runesmiter

battleline
30 vulkite berzerkers war-pick and shield, hornblower

allies
3 skywardens volly gun, drill cannon

the game plan is stick the runeson far enough so he cant be shot or charged turn 1 with a protection of a 30 vulkite berzerker unit. the skywardens are fast they take points and shoot. battle smith buffs with rerolls and the runesmiter teleports my other 2 units of berzerkers in for shooting and charging devestation.

turn 1 throwing axes go and extra 8" runeson cool leader ability for 3d6 choosing the highest for charging and the ability to reroll one for the vulkites i should juat be able to obliterate anything i need to while being mobile to take points keeping the wardens at decently safe distance.

what items should i take?

thoughts on how i can make this even scarier?

Hey 

90 vulkites will give anyone trouble,  the trick will be to keep you magamadroth alive most of the army’s I have face have gone out there way to get rid of it.   

pesonaly I’m not a big fan of battalions and just expect the fact I’m going second. And take More units for them to fight though. 

with relics: ash plum sigil and the obsidian coronet would be the 2 I go for. 

30 minutes ago, Zhorphorus said:

If I have 30 vulkites in a mixed order list, what's better to accompany them, a battlesmith or runesmiter?

It depends what you want to do with them and what other stuff you have in your mixed order list but in most cases a runesmiter I guess. To forward deploy them on to an objective.

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

It depends what you want to do with them and what other stuff you have in your mixed order list but in most cases a runesmiter I guess. To forward deploy them on to an objective.

Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
Loremaster (100)
Auric Runesmiter/Battlesmith (80)
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (120)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (120)

Either that or

Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
Loremaster (100)
Auric Runesmiter/Battlesmith (80)
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
5 x Tree Revenants (80)
6 x Vanguard-Palladors (440)

Basically in the list I'm wanting them to be able to sit on objectives and hold them, the battlesmith obviously helps with the re-rolls but the smiter gets round the 4 inch move

17 hours ago, Zhorphorus said:

If I have 30 vulkites in a mixed order list, what's better to accompany them, a battlesmith or runesmiter?

Smitter if you want tunnel them and block some enemy units for a couple of turns easily (take care of the battleshock if they are away from any buff)

Battlesmith if you want keep objectives or block part of the battlefield, take into consideration that the zone you want to control / block must be close to you starting area, We dont have too much move and probably you will spend movement rune on first or second turn. Once placed, 30 vulkites with battlesmith... (important to hide him)...really tanky

I usually play both, i tunnel 30 vulkites with double axes and smitter to make some damage and make enemy spend two turns (min) caring about them, and play 30 - 60 vulkites (shields & picks) more with battlemisth on their backs, controlling what i want for the entire match (if i reach the zone first).

6 hours ago, Parówczak said:

hi, recently I got the opinion that the runesmith skill is not 1 drop but 2 drop. what's your opinion?

RAW it is one drop. "Instead of setting up an Auric Runesmiter and up to one other Fyreslayer unit, you can set them to one side and declare that they are underground"

Hello all! I am looking to dust off my Fyreslayer army and was hoping someone could help me with a decent 1,000 pt list to start learning how to play them.  I have some experience with AoS but it's been awhile since I've tried Fyreslayers.  I'm not looking for anything super cheesy, just something fun and some what competitive. I appreciate any advice!

24 minutes ago, GrungnisBeard said:

Hello all! I am looking to dust off my Fyreslayer army and was hoping someone could help me with a decent 1,000 pt list to start learning how to play them.  I have some experience with AoS but it's been awhile since I've tried Fyreslayers.  I'm not looking for anything super cheesy, just something fun and some what competitive. I appreciate any advice!

Maybe:

Auric Runefather (80) Exemplar of the Ancestor 
Auric Runesmiter (80) Ash-plume Sigil
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
15 x Auric Hearthguard (300) (TunnelIng)

A little bit of everything. Take the middle with the vulkites, guard the runfather with the berzerkers and use the Aurics to pop up and try to kill something that needs to die. 

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

Maybe:

Auric Runefather (80) Exemplar of the Ancestor 
Auric Runesmiter (80) Ash-plume Sigil
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
15 x Auric Hearthguard (300) (TunnelIng)

A little bit of everything. Take the middle with the vulkites, guard the runfather with the berzerkers and use the Aurics to pop up and try to kill something that needs to die. 

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. Any advice on kitting out the units?

Hello everyone I have a tournament at 1500 points in my local store, I have not played much Fyreslayers but they are my favorite army, I love to advance towards the enemy, I have thought about this list, in my area there will be, ironjawz, bonespliter, sylvaneth, nurgle, stormcast and surely Tzeench, any help or advice to this brother Fyreslayer will be accepted, thank you very much: 

Allegiance: Fyreslayers

Leaders
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Exemplar of the Ancestor 
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet 
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
- Artefact: Ash-plume Sigil 
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Battlesmith (80)

Battleline
- Pairs of Handaxes
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- Pairs of Handaxes
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (480)
- Poleaxes
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runefather General)

Battalions
Lords of the Lodge (90)

Total: 1460 / 1500
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 102

Archived