Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

18 hours ago, Andreas said:

Put the Runeson on the magma and make one runefather on foot.

Okay, will head this direction, now any advice on what people prefer to equip the Runeson with?  Is it worth going with wyrm spears or is the axe better?  Suppose I could try to magnetize it, but would still be helpful to know. Thank you!

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Okay, will head this direction, now any advice on what people prefer to equip the Runeson with?  Is it worth going with wyrm spears or is the axe better?  Suppose I could try to magnetize it, but would still be helpful to know. Thank you!

If you are going to use him as your general he is a support hero that should not be in combat, in that case I would put the wyrmspear on him. And if he is not the general but more of a "throw way" hero with high movement to run forward and bleed magma on the enemy when he dies I would still put the wyrmspear on him but I guess it is more debatable.

Is this a pretty good 1000pt list? I wanted a little bit of everything the list had to offer. It's shy 60pts though. Dunno what to do about it. 

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers 
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet 
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Ancestral War-axe
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)

Total: 940 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 58

55 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, i have a question. Why   Are so many People Playing the runefather on foot as General? Can someone explain why his command ability is good? What can i do with extra that Pile in Of  5"??

His "ward save" abillity makes him as durable as a hero on a magma plus that he can get cover and he is easier to hide. The most important thing for your general is not to die everything else comes secondary. That is because of the immune to battleshock aura. And if you have him hiding in your deployment zone your units will be very stretched out to benefit from the battleshock aura. The enemy can use this to make few models be able to pile in. One thing that could help you with this problem is to have a longer pile in and that happens to be his other abillity. And he only cost 80pt.

The Runepappy on foot is OK but don't forget the Runeson on foot as a general when you face armies with higher wound models as most or all of the army. Like much Chaos, Beastclaws, Ironjaws, some Stormcasts so you can have the buff and a swiftly moving army.

Been away from forums for a while but glad to see Fyreslayers discussions still going strong. :) 

1 hour ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

Hey people 

there’s a lot of army list posted at 1000 points but was just wondering what people were doing at 2k?? 

Thanks 

Here you have the "net-list" formula IMO :P but a lot of other lists are playable.

1 Runefather or Runeson on magma as general

1 Battlesmith

2 x Runesmiters

0-1 Runesmiter on magma

2-3 x 30 Vulkites

0-1 x 30 Aurics  (probably 1, these list seems to have most success right now)

0-1 x 10 Hearthguard beserkers (1 if 2 units of vulkites and runefather as general)

0-1 Kinband (1 if runeson on magma is your general and you have 3 units of vulkites)

Plus some allied stuff to fill out the points (for example skywardens are popular)

Example list from the UK masters:

Runesfather

Battlesmith

2 x Runesmiters

3 x 30 Vulkites

30 Aurics

2 x 3 Skywardens

Hey guys,i have question. How do you deliver the hearthguard berzerkers? Do you tunnel them with a runesmiter? Because i think its hard to get that 9“ charge. Vulkits can reroll 1 dice so its easier to get that charge but i wonder how to do it with hearthguards?

10 minutes ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

Thanks 

are people preferring Aurics over berserkers??

Depends what you mean with people. :P Fyrslayers are stong in general, build a random list and it will be ok. But if you look at the tournament results in the UK tournament scene, the top placed tournament lists have had 30 aurics and  0 berserkers. But could be that berserkers are better but havn't been tried out as much on that scene yet.

5 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys,i have question. How do you deliver the hearthguard berzerkers? Do you tunnel them with a runesmiter? Because i think its hard to get that 9“ charge. Vulkits can reroll 1 dice so its easier to get that charge but i wonder how to do it with hearthguards?

I would say that you tunnel Vulkites and Aurics but HB starts on the table.

Fyreslayer players, would you think a single Runeson on Magmadroth would be useful to have as an allied beatstick for a Stormcast Eternal list? I am thinking of getting a Getting Started box. How well does it function as a stand alone beatstick. Its function would mainly be to act as a nuisance and dish out some mortal wounds as that is what my list is lacking.

they can be good with all the different ways for doing damage in different phases but you really have to watch them getting swarmed with 12 wounds and 4 up save. but used well they do damage. I was playing nurgle and I put a rune son and a rune farther both on magma in to a squad of 6 bees they dealt with them then went in on 2x10 squads of plaguebearers and survived. that was most of his army at 1,500 points  

17 minutes ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

they can be good with all the different ways for doing damage in different phases but you really have to watch them getting swarmed with 12 wounds and 4 up save. but used well they do damage. I was playing nurgle and I put a rune son and a rune farther both on magma in to a squad of 6 bees they dealt with them then went in on 2x10 squads of plaguebearers and survived. that was most of his army at 1,500 points  

If they get swarmed I can always Lightning Chariot them away to a different part of the map or counter-attack with my main force. Lots of SCE players use 30 Berserkers as allies, so buying the getting started box might be a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my LGS is have a Getting Started Box tourney for fun - no real prizes - to coincide with the Malign Portents painting etc.  So, I have a Fyreslayer box set with Runesone on magma, Runefather on foot, Runesmiter, and 10 vulkites with slingshields and picks.  I have never played Fyreslayers and just got some to ally with my Kharadron, but I do have the GH2017 and the Battletome.  Any ideas/strategies for playing with just what is in the Getting Started Box?  Thanks for any advice  you can provide!

1 hour ago, FractalRain said:

Okay, my LGS is have a Getting Started Box tourney for fun - no real prizes - to coincide with the Malign Portents painting etc.  So, I have a Fyreslayer box set with Runesone on magma, Runefather on foot, Runesmiter, and 10 vulkites with slingshields and picks.  I have never played Fyreslayers and just got some to ally with my Kharadron, but I do have the GH2017 and the Battletome.  Any ideas/strategies for playing with just what is in the Getting Started Box?  Thanks for any advice  you can provide!

So the mission is just to kill? I guess try to hit first and hardest.

Use Runeson on magma as general with maybe blood of the berzerker and maybe meteoric axe or ash plum sigil. Go second if possible, use the rend rune (or movement rune if you need to), put reroll wounds on the magma, go forward with everything, shoot and try to charge everything against the hardest thing in the opponents army and hope for the best. Remember to use 3 dice when you charge (and discard one) and pile in twice with the magma. If you manage to put enough damage into his best unit/hero you will probably win.

Some Fyrelsayer changes (bladed slingshield nerf) in FAQ

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/age_of_sigmar_order_en-1.pdf

/edit/ wait...the wording could almost be a buff in some cases?

Long chain of vulkites can bubble a target they didn't charge and aren't within a 1/2" of. Models just got to be within 8" of a target you pick. No other restrictions?

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

Some Fyrelsayer changes (bladed slingshield nerf) in FAQ

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/age_of_sigmar_order_en-1.pdf

/edit/ wait...the wording could almost be a buff in some cases?

Long chain of vulkites can bubble a target they didn't charge and aren't within a 1/2" of. Models just got to be within 8" of a target you pick. No other restrictions?

Yeah youre right. You could charge unit A and inflict mw to unit b. More a buff than a nerf.

Archived