Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

My tactic will be: runesmiter tunneling 30 hb, magfather near them (he is quite fast), hopefully the hb doing the charge, but not a big deal if they fail, because my opponent is hardly killing the smiter in between the hb AND the magfather. If that happens, no problem, because that means the fire power wasnt on the hb. So in my turn i tunnel my unit of ah...and battlesmith and master wont be that far away...

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Personally I find the magfather pretty decent. Especially with his CA. Re rolling 1's helps his attack and it's easy to get the re roll wounds from a smiter. 

And with HB have you ever played a unit of 30?! You won't need to worry about babysitting them with a hero they'll be blending through pretty much anything. Well worth it for the points especially with LotLif you can make the most of them

I say babysit cuz without a hero nearby they will drop  super fast to anything that sneezes at them. Wont matter how much dmg they do when they get blasted away from shooting. So they have to have a babysitter. With a hero then they get that same 4++ sweetness that Vulkite have

It's been killing me to stay away from this thread until I finally play a game with new toys. Also head on to our Facebook group if you haven't, we're almost at 1,000 members and plan on making Fyreslayers dice to celebrate. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576982465946239/

Played first game today with new toys and beat Sylvaneth. Plan to run one of everything before doubling up again, but my list was:

Lords of the Lodge

Runefather on Magmabomb general, no battleshock trait, Ancestor Rune on Key Axe

Battlesmith

Runemaster

2 x Smiters

2 x Grimwraths

Runeson on Magmabomb, Ash Plume Sigil (GREAT & timely use before death!!!)

30 vulkites double axes

30 vulkites double axes

20 vulkites shields (did NOTHING the entire game but hold an uncontested objective :( )

5 Auric Hearthguard

30 Hearthguard Berzerkers w/poleaxe

Runes struck in this order:  Searing Heat, Farsight, Relentless Zeal, Fury.

Lost every priority and no enhanced runes :( 

Tunneled 30 vulkites and one Runeson on Magmabomb. Sylvaneth wargrove (new player so we're helping him learn) single drop so I deployed as best for Scorched Earth scenario. The no battleshock buff was marvelous but not needed much in this case. So used his 20" command trait for first time in ages and helped cover units too far from the battlesmith to reroll failed armor saves, somewhat. Forgot to activate Hearthguard once (and bleed and tail lash) but afterwards DID! and propelled the unit through pile-ins to take enemy objectives and wreck face. It....after 141 games of solo Fyreslayers it was...just so satisfying and vindicating :) I'm pleased as magma punch that we have this now. I can see Hearthguard Berzerkers back to 100 but not really aurics. They just get deleted so I find them less useful for ME, and we're all different :)

4 minutes ago, Veterannoob said:

It's been killing me to stay away from this thread until I finally play a game with new toys. Also head on to our Facebook group if you haven't, we're almost at 1,000 members and plan on making Fyreslayers dice to celebrate. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576982465946239/

Played first game today with new toys and beat Sylvaneth. Plan to run one of everything before doubling up again, but my list was:

Lords of the Lodge

Runefather on Magmabomb general, no battleshock trait, Ancestor Rune on Key Axe

Battlesmith

Runemaster

2 x Smiters

2 x Grimwraths

Runeson on Magmabomb, Ash Plume Sigil (GREAT & timely use before death!!!)

30 vulkites double axes

30 vulkites double axes

20 vulkites shields (did NOTHING the entire game but hold an uncontested objective :( )

5 Auric Hearthguard

30 Hearthguard Berzerkers w/poleaxe

Runes struck in this order:  Searing Heat, Farsight, Relentless Zeal, Fury.

Lost every priority and no enhanced runes :( 

Tunneled 30 vulkites and one Runeson on Magmabomb. Sylvaneth wargrove (new player so we're helping him learn) single drop so I deployed as best for Scorched Earth scenario. The no battleshock buff was marvelous but not needed much in this case. So used his 20" command trait for first time in ages and helped cover units too far from the battlesmith to reroll failed armor saves, somewhat. Forgot to activate Hearthguard once (and bleed and tail lash) but afterwards DID! and propelled the unit through pile-ins to take enemy objectives and wreck face. It....after 141 games of solo Fyreslayers it was...just so satisfying and vindicating :) I'm pleased as magma punch that we have this now. I can see Hearthguard Berzerkers back to 100 but not really aurics. They just get deleted so I find them less useful for ME, and we're all different :)

Skywardens>Aurics unless you're taking 30 man squads. 

How did the grimwraths go? I found there's no real artifact that helps them damage wise ? Missing the relic and obsidian blades

@Tubs I'll cross the streams eventually but I'm on a roll with solo Fyreslayers games and can't let anyone lap me ;) 

Grimwraths were good. We used realm gates so one made it through to wedge in 3 units pocket charge to get hair save to 3+. Wiped out 2 units. Other didn't make it close enough since I killed everything so he sadly had to only hold an objective and score . lol! I do plan on arming a Grimwrath or 2 Igneous Plate and Ancestor Runes. Sometimes I tunnel them as it's hard for opponent to bubble off a space for only 2 models to tunnel up 9.0001" away and jam him into a kill pocket to get easy wounds, buffs and hair save increase per enemy unit.

8 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

You can't retreat and then pile in no matter the pile in range unless you have a specific ability. 

Oh, I was assuming this was that special ability. So, the unit still has to be within 3" to pile in, but then it can go an additional 3"? That changes how we've been playing LotL, then, lol. xD Thanks!

Could do both and keep everything other than some heroes, the AH, and 10 VBs with shields. Warrior Kinband + Magmason and 70 vulkites = 990. LotL + Magmafather + RM+ BS+30 HBs = 990. Bit of a pinch, losing the smiters and the grimwraths. That's 2000 points, though. Your list is up around 2500; playing up there you wouldn't have to get rid of them all.

I often play against Sylvaneth and it can be tough, so it's good to hear of a victory for Grimnir! I'm envious of the 30 HBs, haha. :) 

I'm going to try 30 vulkites with shields but for me, my playstyle and dice luck, the reroll hits are just way better than vulkites who will either die anyway or put out no punch. But maybe 30 will work to hold objectives ;) So many new toys to play with. we FINALLY have a tool kit!!! :) 

On September 3, 2017 at 10:47 PM, mdkinker said:

Could do both and keep everything other than some heroes, the AH, and 10 VBs with shields. Warrior Kinband + Magmason and 70 vulkites = 990. LotL + Magmafather + RM+ BS+30 HBs = 990. Bit of a pinch, losing the smiters and the grimwraths.

I'm confused on the math here: "Warrior Kinband + Magmason and 70 vulkites = 990"

Should it be Warrior Kinband (90) + Magmason (240)  and 70 vulkites (780) = 1110? 

Hearthguard berzerkers, I have 5 with the flaming poleaxes, and 5 still on sprue. Should I change weapons on my first 5 or assemble the next 5 with poleaxes aswell? :) And I have 30 Auric Hearthguard, I'm thinking about selling some. Maybe 10-20. What do you say?

22 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Hearthguard berzerkers, I have 5 with the flaming poleaxes, and 5 still on sprue. Should I change weapons on my first 5 or assemble the next 5 with poleaxes aswell? :) And I have 30 Auric Hearthguard, I'm thinking about selling some. Maybe 10-20. What do you say?

Poleaxes are a good choice tbh they're good all round elite infantry 

30 auric is worthwhile but depend on your list

21 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Poleaxes are a good choice tbh they're good all round elite infantry 

30 auric is worthwhile but depend on your list

Well before GHB2017 I tunneled them. But now I'm eager to try some Kharadron allies so I'm shaving some points off. I usualle went with something like 3 units of Vulkite berzerkers a character on Magmadroth, a couple of smiters and a battlesmith .

On 2017-09-05 at 2:43 PM, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Magfather: Exemplar to the Ancestors ,Ash healm.

Magson, Jav

Magson, Jav

Battlesmith

30 vulkites with shields 

30 vulkites with axes

30 Hearthguard with pole axe 

Gryphhound.

I wonder where the Gryphhound is deployed :)

Hi guys. I received three get started sets plus another 30 vulkites, a grimwrath berzerker and 30 hearthguard for my birthday. What do you think of the attached list? The models were purchased pre-GHB 2 so appreciate I may need some more purchases to make it semi-competitive but any advice is appreciated. I haven't glued the models together yet so still got the flexibility of changing them, but my budget to add extra stuff is very limited.

thanks in advance!

IMG_0564.PNG

8 hours ago, The ape said:

Hi guys. I received three get started sets plus another 30 vulkites, a grimwrath berzerker and 30 hearthguard for my birthday. What do you think of the attached list? The models were purchased pre-GHB 2 so appreciate I may need some more purchases to make it semi-competitive but any advice is appreciated. I haven't glued the models together yet so still got the flexibility of changing them, but my budget to add extra stuff is very limited.

thanks in advance!

IMG_0564.PNG

Put the aurics in one unit av bring a smiter to tunnel them. You dont need to tunnel them in to the opponents zone, you can but them behind your line. But they need to start off table so they can't be targeted before they can do damage.

Ha it was a team effort from my wife, my parents, my in laws and my kids (and a bit out of my own pocket!) plus my local games store owner gave me a decent discount for buying it in bulk!

So, add a smiter - put him on a magmadroth? Or leave him on foot?

Archived