Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

10 minutes ago, Tubs said:

Having multiple units with a strong buff or threat to your opponent forces them to make a choice. Sure he can kill one but he can't kill all of them.

Either way 9/10 players will shot the monsters first guaranteed 

Thats actually pretty true if can quickly toss that dragon in their face lol but like I said you would need to be mindful of movement tricks that others have, tunneling rats,  infinite range SC shooting, teleporting, casters+vortex.

When I build a Fyreslayers list it doesnt revolve around one strategy or a hero. But you have some good distraction carnifex's in there lol

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Also..do we know if Vulkites will be getting that Massive Regiments discount?

im hoping so! theyre cheaper now, but most people take them 20 or more anyways, so i see no reason not to give them that. im also hoping that the fyreslayer artefact list has one that is a support item, im hoping to run a runesmiter behind these guys anyways so itd be nice to have something.

on the topic on runeson on foot, i love this guy. honestly, im wondering if there are going to be ways to protect him better when the book drops.

12 minutes ago, hellalugosi said:

im hoping so! theyre cheaper now, but most people take them 20 or more anyways, so i see no reason not to give them that. im also hoping that the fyreslayer artefact list has one that is a support item, im hoping to run a runesmiter behind these guys anyways so itd be nice to have something.

on the topic on runeson on foot, i love this guy. honestly, im wondering if there are going to be ways to protect him better when the book drops.

Id say 25 minimum to maintain that sweet bonus longer. And they do get the discount 2 units of 30 Vulkite can be a real thing. Which is scary. 

Unless the hero has a item or built in abilities there is no way to actually protect the squishy ones unless the GH2 has a similar rule like 40k has 

I think its just the normal save. The units with their own separate save are really saves at all. More like mitigation or just ignoring.

The Vulkites say on a 6+ the wound is ignored, so not a real save. Same with HB, they ignore as well. Grimmy says the wound has no effect, which I would call ignored as well

14 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

I'd be very surprised if there's not a strong defensive item for Fyreslayers heros or maybe only the general. Something like a 4+ save after save

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah we havent seen the Traits or Artefacts yet. What kind of items would they be though? No armor, no banners lol limits them to jewelry, fancier weapons, maybe some Artefact runes? That would be cool 

definitely artefact runes. if there are multiple tables for these, id hope for battlesmith getting banner artefacts.

im thinking they may be going more thematic for these as seen with the ironjawz and dispossessed tables, im thinking maybe an artefact that super powers your fyresteel axes! it would make some of the less powerful heroes killier. id also think theyd give a semi version of the runefather on foots look out sir. thats one way they can protect the runesons.

I dont know about the Look Out Sir on a item since the footFather has that as a full CA. It would weaken the position the footFather has. 

The special runes that affect the entire army are going to be crazy enough when activated in that battle round or phase or however it works. 

What I would like to see as a possible Trait is like the SC one that allows for the general plus another to use both their CAs. That would greatly enhance say a Son as a general plus the Father running around or vis versa.

Im sure there will be a rend weapon, or dmg weapon, or attack weapon. Probably a protection item/rune. Maybe a speed aura item? Traits would be similar I would guess. Reroll charge aura? Additional wound, some kind of protection...

Only a couple more weeks then the real list building begins

On 11-8-2017 at 7:32 PM, Malakithe said:

Yeah we havent seen the Traits or Artefacts yet. What kind of items would they be though? No armor, no banners lol limits them to jewelry, fancier weapons, maybe some Artefact runes? That would be cool 

Armor boni can be hidden in torks, hair jewelry. Maybe inspiring  runic tattoos instead of banners. An urgold hairgel is an option too.

While I don't know what that rune does, there is one possible glaring problem with that battallion: It requires lord of lodge in it. Lord of lodge just got technically nerfed through that new rule of one (no modifiers or rerolls to turn roll) so if it hasn't received suitable point change, this will be useless battallion (for non-narrative games at least).

While I don't know what that rune does, there is one possible glaring problem with that battallion: It requires lord of lodge in it. Lord of lodge just got technically nerfed through that new rule of one (no modifiers or rerolls to turn roll) so if it hasn't received suitable point change, this will be useless battallion (for non-narrative games at least).

Pts would surely come down for LotL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

What do we think?

Problem is its 780pts minimum. Thats 5man units and no droths. And thats without the Lodge cost itself. Im hoping the LotL cost drops a lot cuz one of the abilities is now unusable for matched play. Still...depending on what the 2 Lodge abilities are and what Rune of Fiery Determination does it could be good. Im assuming that all the Runes being one time use army wide buffs will all be good. Determination sounds like a armor save, or speed, or maybe even bravery.

The good this is Fyreslayers always had a huge handicap and we are used to being gimped from the start so really anything will help lol We still have command traits and artefacts to discuss and a 2nd battalion

Archived