Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Hands up if your excited for allegiance abilities!

What are people hoping for to be the general theme?

My money's on lava and tunnels 

Yep, very excited. No idea what to expect. But also very excited about the start collecting box this weekend. Hopefully it won't mean a huge surge of fyreslayers players, I like them being quite rare! 

I don't think there will be a huge amount of new fyreslayers players. Not anywhere near the stormcast population anyway.

Maybe once we see what the allegiance abilities are and if they make fyreslayers truly competitive. I hope it's movement based or some kind of universal rune save. They all have these power infused glowing runes but only a few units make actual use of them.

Yeah it dropped to the same as the Start Collecting. Which is still not worth buying over the new box

Also, you can't even buy the magmadroth separately but will get the SC if you try to buy the magmadroth separately,

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think GH2 will be huge for Fyreslayers. We have the option to take a Celestial Hurricanum as allie. Thats just awesome for us, because we are able to spam mortal wounds AND +1 to hit for all fyreslayers.

This is by no means certain. The factions you can ally with aren't a free-for-all, although fluff wise Fyreslayers can probably ally with most (or perhaps everyone can ally with Fyreslayers would make more sense).

The Hurricanum can also be expected to soar in cost.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, Darren2607 said:

No more Lords of the lodge formation! 

Gh2 is introducing rule of 1 for initiative rolls, so they can't be modified. 

I'm hoping they keep the formation but introduce a new benefit 

Lords of the Lodge could potentially still be worth it if Hearthguard Berzerkers get the horde discount Vulkites will likely get (much like clan rats AND storm vermin got it). It'd have to drop in points (and hopefully in Runemaster) required. A big unit of HBs getting two pile-in/attacks per combat can be nasty.

11 hours ago, Nico said:

(or perhaps everyone can ally with Fyreslayers would make more sense)

I think you could make that go either way and still stay in fluffy territory. Sometimes it's small groups hiring a large lodge, sometimes several units from a lodge working for a larger force. But yeah, hopefully Fyreslayers are among the more "ally flexible" allegiances.

In terms of allegiance abilities, the video they put up with Les Martin all pumped about the Fyreslayers has me feeling excited and impatient, haha.

14 hours ago, Nico said:

This is by no means certain. The factions you can ally with aren't a free-for-all, although fluff wise Fyreslayers can probably ally with most (or perhaps everyone can ally with Fyreslayers would make more sense).

The Hurricanum can also be expected to soar in cost.

I get the feeling that allies will only really be 'close allies', those factions that have close ties with your faction. Mainly because you can still run 'Grand Alliance' armies for the other cases. I don't necessarily see Collegiate Arcane fulfilling that role with Fyreslayers, especially with the Fyreslayers being quite a new race and having very little interaction with the human magic users.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fyreslayers with allies of Dispossessed, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals and not much else.

I'm pretty interested to see what allies do end up coming about though. Been theorycrafting a bit over the last few days on what would make some cool forces with Fyreslayers after getting the start collecting box, but struggling one way or another with only 400 points of allies. Hard to make a thematic and interesting detachment that actually gives you something different with only 400.

That being said, will be interesting to see what happens with the Allegiance Abilities. Those I think will definitely play a large role in what forces become the pre-dominant force.

That's not list of command traits, that's fyreslayers' allegiance ability. Fyreslayers choose 1 rune every turn out of 6 and get the specified army wide buff (such as extra rend for melee weapons) in other words, those are much much better than mere command traits.

So i have a teams event coming up and we are team Stuntie. Ive made a list little different from how i normally run my slayers but it looks like abit of fun here it is.

Allegiance: Order

Heroes
Auric Runeson (80)
- General
- Wyrmslayer Javelins
- Trait: Strategic Genius
Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth (200)
- Forge Key
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Battlesmith (80)
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade

Battleline
25 x Vulkite Berzerkers (300)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
5 x Vulkite Berzerkers (60)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
5 x Vulkite Berzerkers (60)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
15 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (240)
- Poleaxes
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runefather General)
5 x Auric Hearthguard (80)
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runemaster General)

Behemoths
Carmine Dragon (480)

Battalions
Forge Brethren (80)

Total: 1980/2000

Always really liked the idea of having a list with a dragon, a strong one lol and i feel like this guy fits in really nice with the fyreslayers as his breath attack causes mortal wounds by comparing his bravery (10) to the enemys. Now with the Runeson for -1 plus the dragon gives -1 i feel like it should go ok, However i had two runesons for -2 bravery but im unsure if im sold on that over another Grimwrath. Thoughts guys?

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

why the foot son as general? he is super squishy

Recently I started playing around with way different combos and I believe the Runeson on foot is possibly the best candidate for general.

Its all about the command ability if it read All Fyreslayer units can re-roll wounds against Heros, Monsters, Cavalary and Heavy foot troops what would you say? Good right?

The runefather would be the secound choice but my alliegence is broken and frankly his command ability isn't all the flash in any scenario other than 3 places of power

My take on Fyreslayers is to embrace the tankiness. While the footSon may have a good CA he is still a 5 wound hero/general and can be quite literally sniped by pretty much anything that looks at him the wrong way...

But thats a main issue with AoS. 40K fixed it by making characters non-targetable if there is stuff thats closer if thats how I understand that. If AoS has a similar rule then a footSon would be viable

Most people were using the LoTL battalion so it made sense to go with a footFather+10-20 HB as a super tanky/super killy unit but now that LoTL is gutted there is no way i would pay 160pts for it.

Im holding off on anymore list building until the GH2 comes out to see new the new battalions and full allegiance abilities. 

Personal preference of course but pray you dont play against...caster heavy death, tzeentch, any SC list with long strike raptors, any skaven with jezzails, any list with a kunnin rukk...hell even a ironjawz shaman could snipe a footSon

11 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

CMy take on Fyreslayers is to embrace the tankiness. While the footSon may have a good CA he is still a 5 wound hero/general and can be quite literally sniped by pretty much anything that looks at him the wrong way...

But thats a main issue with AoS. 40K fixed it by making characters non-targetable if there is stuff thats closer if thats how I understand that. If AoS has a similar rule then a footSon would be viable

Most people were using the LoTL battalion so it made sense to go with a footFather+10-20 HB as a super tanky/super killy unit but now that LoTL is gutted there is no way i would pay 160pts for it.

Im holding off on anymore list building until the GH2 comes out to see new the new battalions and full allegiance abilities. 

Personal preference of course but pray you dont play against...caster heavy death, tzeentch, any SC list with long strike raptors, any skaven with jezzails, any list with a kunnin rukk...hell even a ironjawz shaman could snipe a footSon

I agree 100% a 5 wound hero with a 4+ is easy to take off the board however they can only shoot at so much even skyfires only have so much killing power. I would actually be happy if they dropped there shooting into my general, it means they're not targeting the Droth, Dragon, Battlesmith or Aurics.

Having multiple units with a strong buff or threat to your opponent forces them to make a choice. Sure he can kill one but he can't kill all of them.

Either way 9/10 players will shot the monsters first guaranteed 

I agree 100% a 5 wound hero with a 4+ is easy to take off the board however they can only shoot at so much even skyfires only have so much killing power. I would actually be happy if they dropped there shooting into my general, it means they're not targeting the Droth, Dragon, Battlesmith or Aurics.
Having multiple units with a strong buff or threat to your opponent forces them to make a choice. Sure he can kill one but he can't kill all of them.
Either way 9/10 players will shot the monsters first guaranteed 

Which dragon do you speak of ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived