The worst unit in death ?

MikeGreen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

I like Black Knights though. Extra Damage on the Charge, +1 Save against Rend -, they're pretty good.

oK, so they won't be in the "worst" category. Just "poor" :) 6th place that does not count

So right now we have  in "the worst":

1. Black Coach

2.  Konrad Carstein

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

And notable mentions as "too situational/not universal":  Corpse cart, Nagash.

Or should I put corpse cart on the list 4th or 5th place ? I mean it supports zombies , and they are not very powerful ...

10 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Konrad is a Compendium model, not in GA: Death though, so I don't know if he counts? His rules look pretty meh though, I agree on that.

He is in the warscroll builder, and he has a mini. Two of you agreed upon he discredits his honorable family ;)

Skeletons are fantastic, definitely not bottom 5. Tomb Swarms and Sepulchral Stalkers are pretty ******, Tomb King on Chariot too, Bone Giants are very meh for 200 points. Ushabti are VERY situational. Black Knights are pretty bad unless you have a Deathrattle allegiance, in which case they are good. Otherwise you only take them for the Legion of Death. Cairn Wraiths are pretty abysmal.

Sorry Coffee but it looks like Black Knights and Cairn Wraiths do deserve to be on the list of c.rap , mentioned too often.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I think it is enough to sum it up.

In order from the worst to  bad :) ready to be edited.

1. Black Coach

2.  Fellbats

3.  Bone Giant

4.  Tom King on chariot

5. Konrad Carstein

6. Cairn Wraiths

7. Black Knights

Black knights are great. Charge them into your opponents cavalry / heroes turn one and watch them slowly grind or get ground down. People expect them to be fast attack but they're a quick tar pit. Force your opponent to retreat his khorgorath from them turn 3 because he really needs it and thought they would be dead by now. Then charge it with something else. They're about board control.

Retreat to taunt your opponent. They'll regen ready for the next charge, and they'll have to divert resources to get rid of them. More than they can normally afford.

Plus with Settra you can give them a 24" move with Fly, haha. Captured a few objectives my opponent thought were safe with that one! :)

Archived