Tomb King Skeleton Warriors vs Deathrattle

gmulroney

Question

Hey, so o was looking through the death rules, and i noticed the Skelton warriors listed under tomb kings are exactly the same to death rattle except for the addition of the Tomb Shield special rule. They even have the same keywords and same name. The tomb kings ones do have points in the generals handbook, so I guess they are legal to play with, but my questions are, is there any reason to not take them, and can you use the tomb king ones in the Legion of Death Battalion since they have the right keywords and even the same name?

4 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

For the second, I'd say you'd have to take Deathrattle Skeleton Warriors, as the Formation is Deathrattle.

This is simply not true.  If there is a unit that qualifies for a battalion where it doesn't have the right faction keywords for, it gains those keywords.  See the GHB FAQ on sylvaneth for the clarification on this.

That said, the TK Skeleton Warriors have all the correct keywords (namely Deathrattle) already, so there is no problem taking them.  

The only different is the look. If you like to gain that ability, I'll will expect you to use that exact model or mod enough to look like a TK model, else just use the normal one. 

I'll likely still play with you, but if nth were change, I'll laugh at you being a loser.

they have the deathrattle keyword, that would fall within the formation, fluff wise, doesn't really make sense to March under nagash/arkhan though...

Archived