Official Warhammer Community?

Groomy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/11/2016 at 11:44 PM, Arkiham said:

There is so much untapped potential behind youtube and twitch, it would be a shame to see games workshop not utilise it and rely solely on a limited resource like a forum.

I'd love to see a weekly/monthly White Dwarf for magzine show. Obviously with new releases, but also battle reports, interviews, tactics, etc. It would make compulsive viewing. 

5 minutes ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I'd love to see a weekly/monthly White Dwarf for magzine show. Obviously with new releases, but also battle reports, interviews, tactics, etc. It would make compulsive viewing. 

It's literally someones potential job. There's obviously enough money in it, youtubers with less than 10k viewers I'm sure make enough money to cover their costs, even a full time job 

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It's literally someones potential job. There's obviously enough money in it, youtubers with less than 10k viewers I'm sure make enough money to cover their costs, even a full time job 

On average a Youtuber gets around 2$ per 1000 views, so you'd have to have millions of views a month to make an average monthly pay that's comparable to a normal job. Getting that kind of views on a niche hobby like this is going to be pretty difficult if not impossible with the amount of Youtubers covering this niche already.

I think if Critical Role can do it for D&D there is definitely scope to do it for Warhammer.

Did you see the announcement that the daily blog is closing too? I guess the link to the community site will occupy that space instead. I am happy to get some of my models into the final Flickr preview (it's my Genestealer Abberants in the top right) ?

1 hour ago, Spiky Norman said:

On average a Youtuber gets around 2$ per 1000 views, so you'd have to have millions of views a month to make an average monthly pay that's comparable to a normal job. Getting that kind of views on a niche hobby like this is going to be pretty difficult if not impossible with the amount of Youtubers covering this niche already.

Well, warhammer TV gets between 10-20k views. so let's say that's halved  from adblock etc.

twitch has 100 subs. That's like £250 a month or so, plus adverts, the views per video, I dunno i think it'll work fine.  gotta start somewhere and that's not a bad start.

Probably to start just a forum and a more centralized place to put their promotional content and release videos.  I am hoping that it evolves into a community feedback hub and a place where they can expand their multimedia presence in both streaming and youtube. It would be nice if there were both casual and competitive sections of the forum as well but so far it looks like the actual company leans towards keeping things fun and friendly which, is not a bad thing at all.

Archived