Fyreslayers Formation question

Dougie

Question

Hi All,

for the battalion war scroll special rule below Bulwark of Molten stone, does it mean that any unit of hearthguard from this formation within 10 of the runesmiter can give the same unit a +1 save.  i.e  can I triple stack the saves to give a single unit a +3 save?  I have asked on facebook and people say you can but I want to make doubly sure. 

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

It's not clear. I'm playing it as stacking on the basis that the equivalent wording in the Gnarlroot formation was ruled as being "any" rather than "one".

It's not as good as it looks because of the wonders of retreating and because you can shred the Aurics like paper.

Its one of the few plus'es Fyreslayers have against them.  I can't see any reason for it not to stack.  However remember a lot of events don't allow same source stacking as a houserule, so you would need to check that, if you plan on taking them to an event.

The formation I think is best used as an ally with another order force, the +1 saves on stormcast for example can really help

There's no doubt that it stacks (there are FAQ questions which indicates that stuff stacks if the wording is consistent with that, e.g. Bloodsecrators, Righteous Smiting), the real question is whether one or all of the units get to do the ability as the words "a unit" are ambiguous - see my point above. 

It's not very hard to counter - pop the Runesmiter.

Archived