Coherency with multiple combats

L.Bromley

Question

Hey guys so I played my first game yesterday and a situation cropped up that I would just like some clarity on please.

in the game I had a large 30 man unit of ghouls unit that got into combat with multiple opponents, blood reavers, blood warriors, stocker, priest an a khorgorath, now now when my unit took casualties where should I remove them from? When I took the casualties from the table I removed the ghouls that were not in combat I felt like I was breaking the unit up and it no longer looked like one single unit, do I still have to keep all my ghouls within an inch of each other? I understand that this is not to clear but any help and advise would be very much appreciated 

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

You can remove casualties however you want. Bear in mind though, you cannot make any kind of move (including pile-in), unless they all end that move within one inch of each other.

Basically what Squirrel said.

If possible the units must finish moves of any kind as a single coherant group (So know have two groups with all models within an inch of another model in its groups. if its not possible you cant pile in

However if your group does get split up for any reason while its not moving. or you are unable to regain coherency in a single move. you must make every effrot to regain coherency as soon as you are able

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

you must make every effrot to regain coherency as soon as you are able

I don't believe that's true. If you plan to ever move again, you can only do so if you regain coherency. There is no requirement to move, though -- your incoherent unit can remain spread across the battlefield for the duration of the game.

42 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

I don't believe that's true. If you plan to ever move again, you can only do so if you regain coherency. There is no requirement to move, though -- your incoherent unit can remain spread across the battlefield for the duration of the game.

Sorry poorly worded. You are correct.

What i meant was: once you make a move you must make every effort to regain coherency as soon as you are able. which to my understanding means that the unit cannot pile-in either making it frozen in place until coherency is achieved.

Thanks for pointing that out.

13 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Sorry poorly worded. You are correct.

What i meant was: once you make a move you must make every effort to regain coherency as soon as you are able. which to my understanding means that the unit cannot pile-in either making it frozen in place until coherency is achieved.

Thanks for pointing that out.

If you can't make a move that puts you in co-herency you can't move at all as the move is invalid. 

Archived