Rules for Extra Adversaries

Rodiger

Hi, I have made rules for all of the units in the Start Collecting Boxes barring Skaven, I have not play tested any of these rules, I do not have much game time at the moment and I do not own all of the models. I would like to ask for help by people trying out the rules, tell me what you think, give me feedback and hopefully we can iron out any kinks and make a decent rule set for expanding the game. I may have made some glaring errors, some units just may not work, but I think most should and offer a new challenge. Please be aware I made these so they were harder than the base game and 4 heroes should probably be taken. There is a more detailed explanation in the document

Thanks

Extra Adversaries for Warhammer Quest Silver Tower.docx

Edited by Rodiger
Fix broken attachment
  • Like 1

Here's a Brutes card I made up.
Ardboyz should be 2 per hero. 2 vigour, 3 with shield. 2/4 attacks, 4+ hit. 1 damage. big choppa can do 2 damage (4 is too much).
Gore Gruntas shouldn't be used. No-one should be riding a mount indoors =p

Orruk warboss looks like a Boss fight, not a random encounter... haven't looked further yet

Orruk Brutes.png

• Like 1

@foolsama

Yor 'Ard Boys aint so 'ard, mine 'ud 'ave dem. I'm curious do you play with those rules for 'Ard Boys? I used Tzaangors as the base for 'Ard boys, I thought they needed to be harder than the normal Orruks from the Greenskinz. I did hum and haw over the 4 damage for the Big Choppa, but it is just 1 attack and it needs a 5+ to hit so it is unlikely to actually kill a Hero, there is a save too, but it is an interesting tactical choice of who you should concentrate on.

I made the characters like mini bosses, they have 10 vigour  and lots of attacks, the Ogroid Thaumaturge has 9 vigour from an unexpected event and the Skaven Deathrunner has 13 so there is precedent for that.

With regard to Cavalry, it is included in just about every Start Collecting Box, they shouldn't really be in a dungeon I agree, but it is a waste not to use them, and most boxes would be a bit bare without them for an encounter table. It would be great to make an encounter table for every faction with adversaries that made sense, but I think the cost is too high, with the Start Collecting boxes it is a one off cheapish expansion. The exotic adversary slot is planned to be used for other adversaries from that faction. These would be an optional choice if you want to buy them or already have them.

I like your card for Orruk Brutes and your rules, I'd make them harder myself. The rules in the expansion are supposed to be hard, this has come out of me finding Silver Tower a bit easy and wanting to fight some classic monsters, maybe I should work on an easy set of rules too.  

Oh the game is definitely too easy. Go with it. The game is supposed to *look* hard, but play easy. The idea is to get people in to the hobby. If you want it harder, just up everything's vigour by 1.5, so Grots become 3, and Deathrunner becomes 20, hah! Or, you know. Field a 2000 point army of goblins against, say, Bloodbound.

The thing with the Brutes as above - if they actually get to take their turn, they will absolutely kill heroes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...