Events UK: London's Calling 1-2 April 2017

Tom Loyn

1 hour ago, TinyDino said:

Hey, is this still open for sign up? Wanted to make sure I got enough of my army painted before committing, ha!

Leo

I'm almost certain that you can still sign up! Look forward to seeing you there. 

• Like 1

Yes @TinyDino - there are still tickets available. See posts further above regarding painting. We're not going to be overly strict about it given that this is an official practice event for SCGT - partly for people to fine tune their armies.

If you fancy a warm up game - it will be our AoS club night this coming Wednesday, so do let us know.

Hey

cheers for all the quick replies.  Just made the payment so if you could add Leo Rautonen to the list that would be brilliant. Will also be popping into the club next Wednesday for a game or two. What time do you guys typically start at?

Leo

• Like 1

Just over a week to go! 8 sleeps unless you're a Death Player.

We're all really excited at the South London Legion to be hosting this event. We've got some additional players attending. There are still spaces available.

I've added a couple of additional points to the FAQ - both regarding the Balewind Vortex.

• Like 1

Two days to go before London's #Calling.

We had a great turn out at the South London Legion on Wednesday. Plenty of games of AoS. Some new players! Some praise for the sixth Battleplan in particular. Lot's of enthusiasm for Blades of Khorne and then apparently there are some new Duardin coming along too.

We've added some clarifications to the FAQ about Garrisoning Buildings (prompted by something apparently mentioned on Facehammer in relation to the SCGT) - which is relevant to the Silver Tower Battleplan; and listbuilding/Allegiance. We're not planning to make any further changes.

Age of Pew Pew?

One more significant change that we floated and ultimately after some healthy debate decided against changing (especially just before the event) was an attempt to mitigate moves towards Age of Pew Pew (after seeing various lists involving spamming a long range shooting unit plus a handful of buffing units plus minimum sized Battleline).  In extreme cases, these lists would win the game turn one by trivially killing the only counters to themselves in the enemy army. One would hope that a mixture of Battleplans and opponents would eventually cause problems for such a mono-dimensional list as 18 Skyfires, with 3 x 10 Marauders as Battleline, but signs aren't encouraging. The Battleplan where only Battleline units can score may help.

What we proposed isn't a nerf, it's removing a random windfall (a massive buff to the amount of damage that such a list can put out turn one) which Age of Pew Pew lists sometimes (far too often) receive:

Amend "Damned" in the Scenery Table as follows:

"Damned: If any of your units are within 3" of this terrain feature in your hero phase, you can declare that one is making a sacrifice. If you do so, the unit suffers D3 mortal wounds, but you can add 1 to all hit rolls in the combat phase for the unit until your next hero phase."             

Here's an example of where Damned terrain made a game incredibly one-sided from the moment that the Kunning Rukk player had won the roll off for sides:

Anyway, we'd love to hear your feedback about this suggested change for the future; and separately the FAQs. 

Be lucky.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1

One more day!  Who is excited?  Just so you all know my phone is down :( but I'm monitoring this and twitter (@tloyn) 

I'll be at the venue from 6.30pm for those that can make it down to help that would be much appreciated.  I do need to get hold of the scoring spreadsheet and pack to print tomorrow so could someone please message Matt and ask him to email them over to me?

• Like 1

DRAW FOR ROUND 1 IS UP.

In the first post.  I'm pretty sure there's no club members playing each other, but please let me know if there's any dramas, easy to do a couple of swaps if needed.

At the moment we have an odd number due to the late addition of the lovely Kieron Allender.  Currently he'll have the pleasure of playing me as spare player pending dropouts, further sign-ups etc!

• Like 1