BasetheRuin vs. Stormcast & Khorne

BasetheRuin

10 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

I'm really tempted to try the shade skin painting for my Fyreslayers. My only concern is the fact that they aren't as well "defined" in their musculacher, as such do you think the technique would still work as well?

did you stick to the same highlight colors as the guide?

My guess is it will work very well with the Fyreslayers. They are not THAT different from the Blood reavers. Maybe add a little Lahmian medium to the wash to increase the flow. You can always do another light coat of wash. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 4:31 PM, BasetheRuin said:

Time for a small update. I've started on the Khorne part of the starter box, wanting to try and finish the entire box. Which would be a first for me. Most of the starter boxes I've bought over the years have been half finished, neglected, or traded away, be it fantasy or 40k.

But no longer! (I hope :)) The quality of the AoS starter is that good. First up, the Khorgorath, which I converted a little because the original face.. well guess I like the weirdness of it, but it's also a bit messy and hard to make out. I've put chains on him as a little nod to the old Chaos 40k dreadnought background, being chained to the ship's hull in between battles. 

qnyHKr9.jpg

Where'd  you get the chain? do you recall the scale or size?

• Like 2

On 21-9-2017 at 2:55 PM, Mr. White said:

Where'd  you get the chain? do you recall the scale or size?

The chain is from a local model shop. I got it from the wooden ship model section. Probably some anchor chain. I lost the packaging some time ago, but I just eyeballed it in store if it looked right.  Companies that make it are Billing Boats, Amati or Mamoli to name a few. They probably sell the anchor chain online.

Edit: this might be the stuff: 

http://www.sjaakshobbyshop.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_952_975&products_id=37909

http://www.sjaakshobbyshop.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_952_975&products_id=37910

Edited by BasetheRuin
  • Like 1

Well, it's not much of an update, but just to show work is progressing again. 

Here's 10 Blood warriors, 5 knights and 2 Khorne characters based, primed in black and airbrushed with Vallejo Game Air Bronze and Brassy Brass. Tonight, I gave them all a sludge wash of Agrax, in preparation of the real painting to come.

I love it when painting prep is finally over!

bx9qyrG.jpg

Oy5P99J.jpg

ssXRIaq.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...