BasetheRuin vs. Stormcast & Khorne

BasetheRuin

I can't believe the skin is just shades. I need to try that out some day

Well, the skin is not *just* shades brother. One or two highlights are also on there. But these are very easy and fast because the wash does so much work for you :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The Khorgorath is probably the best looking version I've seen. I really like the skin tones and the overall crisp and clean paintjob. Well done! 

Glad you like it brother. Khorgos Kul and the Blood stoker are the only ones remaining from the set.. gotta force myself to keep painting and not deviate from the straight path ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
  • Like 1

That some great looking Khorne-dogs. Well done on getting through all those blood reavers and to such a detailed level. 

As always everything is very impressive 

Thank you Praecautus! Glad to be done with the Reavers to be honest. Lovely models, but lots.

Awesome work pal , so inspiring . Im just finished of assembling my bloodreavers and my goal is to achieve in time something as half as good looking as you got here,

Go for it brother! If you're using the Warhammer-tv method, you'll end up with very convincing models in a reasonably short time. I know I've been using a couple of speed painting methods to get mine done.

Thanks all!

Well, after a marathon session of painting last night I also finished the Blood Warriors. I really wanted to get them done before we leave on holiday with the kids saturday. So took a couple of quick snapshots with my Iphone this morning. Hope you like them. More hobby updates after the holidays!

PS. Some of the pics are a little blurry, sorry for that. i'll take some better ones when I feel less rushed (I need to get packing for the holidays :))

sbBvJKv.jpg

UcrLTR4.jpg

prmKgpQ.jpg

TROKbwp.jpg

JmREfMq.jpg

p6i1eZ5.jpg

Let the meat grinder grind on..

Edited by BasetheRuin
  • Like 2

Oh and I forgot to mention.. work on the mighty lord of Khorne has also started:

STi5kk8.jpg

I'm doing him the same way as the Blood Warriors. First a coat of Brassy Brass, then an all over wash of Agrax. After that, a dry brush of Auric armor gold. Here I am filling in the red with Khorne red, right after the gold dry brush.

yGeqwnl.jpg

Painting in the remaining base colours: Screamer Pink (claw), PP's Battlefield Brown (Cape), Zandri Dust (Bone) and Celestra grey (belly).

tC8MAB3.jpg

3gt8qgE.jpg

And finally some washes: nun oil for the red armor and the claw, some reikland flesh on the gold, and agrax on the bone parts.

4bsuEbj.jpg

I started work on the dog some time ago: a quick airbrush of Tamiya's Desert Sand on its belly.

• Like 2

The brightness and clarity of these models reminds me of the first GW images I saw, back in 2nd edition, of luridly painted Eldar Guardians fighting over technicolour green flock hills. You've taken that vividness and brought into AoS perfectly, everything is excellent but my favourite thing is the Stardrake, and how well his throat skin blends to green. Bravo man, this is top tier work.

• Like 1

The brightness and clarity of these models reminds me of the first GW images I saw, back in 2nd edition, of luridly painted Eldar Guardians fighting over technicolour green flock hills. You've taken that vividness and brought into AoS perfectly, everything is excellent but my favourite thing is the Stardrake, and how well his throat skin blends to green. Bravo man, this is top tier work.

Thanks brother! Your post is spot on. 2nd edition 40k was also my first encounter with the warhammer universe. I still flick through the old WDs and painting guides from back then. I loved the vivid style back then, and still do. Never understood why the internet sometimes calls it 'the infamous red period' of GW.

• 1 month later...

Hi brothers, I've been finishing off the AoS starter set, finally! Here's the two remaining figs: the Blood Stoker and the Lord of Khorne. I've also been experimenting with my photography, having bought the Foldio 2 light box and a photo app (Camera+) for my iPhone. Still fiddling around with the settings, these pics are a bit dark for my tastes. So if anyone has some tips to make great mini pics, I'd love to hear!

Anyway, on to the pics:

EDIT NEW PICS BELOW

Edited by BasetheRuin
  • Like 3

Thanks a lot guys, that's lovely to hear. Using a mixture of basic techniques and 'speed' painting is the only way I'll ever get an army finished. 

There's a small mountain of Stormcast waiting for me, so I've been doing the prep work (building, basing, priming) on a couple: a unit of Prosecutors, a knight Venator and a knight Azyros. Thought I might as well get all these annoying wings out of the way :) 

EDIT NEW PICS BELOW

Edited by BasetheRuin
  • Like 2

Evening brothers! After another night at my new Foldio 2 photo booth I think I'm getting the hang of taking pics. At least the mini's are looking more or less like I see them in real life. So here's the completed AoS starter set, start to finish :)

QSPMBbx.jpg

oaWTfWf.jpg

osgmMGC.jpg

tW4xxeh.jpg

FDEgobq.jpg

EH4Na0k.jpg

WTNFZez.jpg

brLHNRH.jpg

5JxaTsj.jpg

uaxOWcC.jpg

tE0Ygta.jpg

T5gOxFU.jpg