Sylvaneth Storage

Hi all,

Quick question for the Sylvaneth players out there. What storage cases do you use for you Sylvaneth? They have a lot of really fine twigs and vines that I'd like to avoid knocking, is there a storage solution that is better for these finer pieces than others?

As I'm just starting my glade storage isn't currently an issue but it soon will be.

Thanks in advance

I glued roofing sheet tile from the hardware store into some snapware and then glued 4x2mm magnets to the bases of my models. One for dryads, 4 for the treelords. The setup won't survive a drop, or being knocked off a table, but it's a "no touch" solution that keeps my stuff from getting wrecked. 

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/JlFLu

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I was actually really surprised that no commercially avalible storage solutions were mentioned. It seems that the most popular method is the steel sheet attached to box. I'll have to look into this and try and put my DIY skills to the test. I wonder if buying a steel storage box like the ones records are stored in would do the trick.

The best solution that I have come up with for both my Sylvaneth and Stormcast armies is shoe-boxes and the models wrapped with soft toilet paper.

So far and after a year of gaming I have minimum model injuries.

Specifically for Kurnoth Hunters I use one of the big GW kit boxes (40k Flyers, Citadel Woods etc) in which I can fit 12 Kurnoth Hunters wrapped with soft toilet paper. They have yet to sustaine any damage. :)

I'm actually surprised there aren't many actual miniatures cases designed to work with magnetized bases. The A case is ok but not great for tall models IMO.

in fact the thing I'm having trouble with is the case/box part. Need one large enough to hold a force including models up to 8 inches tall (Alarielle), sturdy, a handle on top, preferably they are horizontal vs hanging vertically when you carry the case, and opaque walls (don't really like transparent ones, don't want people to see what I am carrying in it. Anyone found anything that fits these criteria?

20 minutes ago, MiniJunkie said:

I'm actually surprised there aren't many actual miniatures cases designed to work with magnetized bases. The A case is ok but not great for tall models IMO.

in fact the thing I'm having trouble with is the case/box part. Need one large enough to hold a force including models up to 8 inches tall (Alarielle), sturdy, a handle on top, preferably they are horizontal vs hanging vertically when you carry the case, and opaque walls (don't really like transparent ones, don't want people to see what I am carrying in it. Anyone found anything that fits these criteria?

This is exactly what I was thinking of. Make it so Internet 

Archived