Slow Grow League

TerrorPenguin

Alright?

So the slow grow league starts tomorrow - I think (unless anyone objects) that the maximum points for games you can earn in a month is three games worth, but if you play more games you can pick your top three games.

1 point for playing a game

2 points for a major win

1 point for a minor win

1 point for every 75 points of models painted this month (max 2 per month)

1 point for playing on Tuesday evening at Imps (max 1 per month)

THIS MONTH

Points limit: 500 points

In the spirit of introducing new players to the game, there is 1 bonus point available for reminding your opponent about a rule that gives them an advantage (e.g. missed a +1, missed a roll, bonus for being in cover etc.)

To let me know about results either post them here or email me jonrouston@gmail.com or post them over on the Facebook group. I will keep a list here but post it on Facebook as well so everyone can see it.

FAQ

Do I need to use the same army throughout?

No - this is a fixed point not fixed list system, so if you want to bring 500 points of bloodbound this month and 650 of skaven next month that's fine. People might use it to collect one big army, some might collect a few smaller ones (some of us might collect a lot of larger ones!) All welcome.

Any questions let me know - but bear in mind that I am making this up as I go along ;)

11 hours ago, L.Bromley said:

Guys I hope you have a great first night

Thanks Lee, it was good! 8 players by my count and two more bought start collecting boxes that night so hopefully a couple more. Sorry you couldn't get down, let me know if you want me to drop round this crypt horror to you at some point if you're not going to make it to Imps before you need it

Cheers Jon, wow 8 players is a fantastic start, gutted I couldn't make it to meet everyone but real life got in the way. The army is being frantically painted for an hour a night to meet my deadline, im hoping to get it 80% complete this week and I'm hoping I can get some kind of intro game at imp this week

Yeah the turnout was great, I had a couple of fun games.  I'm guessing it will be a similar deal next week meeting people and getting a few games in, we're all still just getting to know each other so it's a great time to join.   It's cool seeing everybodies different armies as well.  I think Chaos seem to be most represented at the moment, then Order being second most popular, then Destruction and Death the being the least.  

It's great now Imps have got the Start Collecting! boxes in stock as well, there's about 5 of these boxes across both systems I don't want to buy, so if anyone sees me going near them they should usher me away to a safe distance. 

Hey guys, I had a really great time last night.

Was to meet everyone and get some games in, thanks to those who played against me who put up with me still getting used to the rules.

Everyone's armies were painted amazingly too. I think I might have to up my game!

I should hopefully be coming along next week too.!

8 hours ago, cb_rex said:

Yeah the turnout was great, I had a couple of fun games.  I'm guessing it will be a similar deal next week meeting people and getting a few games in, we're all still just getting to know each other so it's a great time to join.   It's cool seeing everybodies different armies as well.  I think Chaos seem to be most represented at the moment, then Order being second most popular, then Destruction and Death the being the least.  

It's great now Imps have got the Start Collecting! boxes in stock as well, there's about 5 of these boxes across both systems I don't want to buy, so if anyone sees me going near them they should usher me away to a safe distance. 

Yeah, one guy did buy a start collecting Malignants box and @L.Bromley has seen all that is pure and good about the noble flesh eater courts so hoping to have a few more death players soon.

3 hours ago, tabathist23 said:

Hey guys, I had a really great time last night.

Was to meet everyone and get some games in, thanks to those who played against me who put up with me still getting used to the rules.

Everyone's armies were painted amazingly too. I think I might have to up my game!

I should hopefully be coming along next week too.!

Great stuff! I think I only had one unit painted (and it's not going to change before next week!) so I'm happy to drag down the standard! But anyone reading this shouldn't be worried about playing bare plastic!

There was mention of people doing a Path to Glory Campaign (from the GHB) along side the slow grow league.  I've had a good look at it now basically rather than using matched play points you create a Warband by choosing/rolling a number of units depending on what champion you choose.  Then after each game (win or loose) you can choose/roll to gain additional followers or bonus abilities to your existing units/heros.

You keep a roster of your army as it develops, (a blank roster template can be downloaded from Black Library).

The downside is not all armies have tables to roll on, however if needed these could be fairly easily created from the most similar ones that are present.

You can summon whatever you want for free during the games but those units disappear at the end of the game and aren't added to your roster.

The aim is to get the most glory points with 1 point for a loss or draw and D3 points for a win.

I'm not 100% sure about doing it yet, but I think it would be pretty cool if there were a few of us that wanted to do it as it adds a cool narrative/development element to the games.  So if I was going to do it I'd probably choose my starting army to fit the models I've got painted, then probably roll to randomise how the army develops, let the dice decide what I have to build/paint next.

Second week of slow grow league tomorrow evening, hoping to see @cb_rex @AdamJ @tabathist23 and hopefully @L.Bromley?

I'm still debating the path to glory thing - I could either use my ghouls, which is fine, or my skeletons.

But I quite want to start something new for it - so it's either zombies (in which the options are zombies, zombies, zombies or zombies) or vampires (which is a little bit more varied).

Maybe I should finish one army before starting another though?!

Guys I just wanted to say thank you for the real warm welcome last night, thanks you to Jon who let me borrow some models so I can get my first real game under my belt, an thanks to Chris who was incredibly patient with me. 

I think it's fantastic that lincoln is starting to develop its own little community, can not wait to come back

5 hours ago, L.Bromley said:

Guys I just wanted to say thank you for the real warm welcome last night, thanks you to Jon who let me borrow some models so I can get my first real game under my belt, an thanks to Chris who was incredibly patient with me. 

I think it's fantastic that lincoln is starting to develop its own little community, can not wait to come back

Great stuff ??

Spread the word!

15 hours ago, tabathist23 said:

Hey guys,

I dont think I'll be able to come along today as i will be working late tonight... but i have now finished building up my Sylvaneth, so next time I'll be able to bring them along to mix things up a bit and try them out!

No worries!

If you have 1000pts there is a small tournament on Saturday that you're welcome to come to

Archived