Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hotdropmartin

Alternative Mourngul

I am wondering what people's thoughts are on using this as an alternative Mourngul?

I have the original forgeworld mini but want to try using 2 in a list

I'm fully aware that this may cause excessive expletives to come my way but I'd just like to know what people think.

IMG_20161030_005508.jpg

IMG_20161030_010639.jpg

• Like 8

TBH I like it.  Particularly since you have one of the existing model already I can see why you would want a second one looking different.  Can't say I'd be keen to play against the two of them though :P 

If you're running a nighthaunt list at 2k points I reckon you should definitely take 2. In a grand alliance death army though they might be too strong and I doubt if anyone really has the tools to deal with them, or even slow them down.

I used mine for the first time against an Archaon list. After deleting some chaff units the Mourngul survived 3 rounds of combat against Archaon (didn't get slayed by his sword) and took off a Giant. 

Normally I would remind everyone that there is an entire circle of Hell reserved for those who proxy Forge World models. In this case, however, you have a pass. Stunning work.

• Like 2

It look wonderful. Fits perfectly alongside the original model. I agree that having two identical ones wouldn't look great.

I didn't much like the FW mourngul... so I'm DIY my own. Still work in process, but urs look awesome?? 

Do folks have a thing against custom making mourngul models?? 

I've been considering taking the Nagash model for his butt flat and swirl of spirits, and making a sort of celestine prime of death. 

That's pretty much what I'm planning to do, I really don't like the FW model. Great job btw.