A Tale of Two Courts

Auriel

I've been working on my FEC Start Collecting Box, and I see two ways I may want to go with this. I'm hoping for some insight into which of these lists might work better, and any tweaks to either list that might help. Thank you for taking a look.

List 1:

AGK on TG - 400

Varghulf Courtier - 160

Crypt Haunter Courtier - 120

Crypt Ghouls 10 x 3 - 300 (battleline)

Crypt Horrors 6 x 2 - 560

Crypt Flayers - 3 x 2 - 320

Battalion: Attendants at Court

Idea: AGK on TG, Varghulf, Haunter, Ghouls, Horrors as main fighting force, can drop 2 units of Crypt Flayers anywhere on the edge of the board to strike backlines, grab objectives, etc. They have good movement and flying, so I think they would work well for this purpose.

List 2:

AGK on TG - 400

Crypt Ghast Courtier - 80

Varghulf Courtier - 160

Crypt Ghouls x 30 - 300

Crypt Ghouls 20 x 2 - 400

Crypt Horrors - 6 x 2 - 560

Battalion - Ghoul Patrol

Idea: AGK on TG, Varghulf, Horrors as main fighting force, ghouls on all sides with regen, no true summoning here.

To be truthful, I'm leaning toward list 1, because as much as I love painting my ghouls now, I'm not sure I'd want to do 70 of them, and I think that they flayers have some real potential coming down on the edges of the battlefield and racing in to cause chaos. That said, if anyone with experience thinks that List 1 will tank, I'd rather get some opinions on that now before I paint up everything (I'm a sloooow painter :) )

Thank you!

4 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Agreed. NOTHING will burn you out faster than feeling like you "have" to paint something.

I can certainly appreciate this. I am curious though if anyone has an idea how list 1 will play out, as most lists i see here are ghoul patrol centric

Archived