Hello

TerrorPenguin

Guys I love the idea of a 'grow' league and would love to take part but a regular Tuesday could prove tricky for me as work can be so unpredictable (damn catering trade) what other nights is imps open late in the evening where I could potentially if ok with everyone else play 'catch up' games??

People do keep asking, I reckon theres at least 8 but a load more interested easily 10-12. Like you it just depends what evenings people can do.

A lot of people are using it to collect a new faction, there's at least a couple of bloodbound, stormcast, skaven, I think apart from me you're the only other death player though. I'm going to try and collect some more skellies for Deathrattle in anticipation of a new Battletome....

13 hours ago, L.Bromley said:

Guys I love the idea of a 'grow' league and would love to take part but a regular Tuesday could prove tricky for me as work can be so unpredictable (damn catering trade) what other nights is imps open late in the evening where I could potentially if ok with everyone else play 'catch up' games??

I can do most Tuesdays and Fridays if you're finding Tuesdays difficult. I'm going to be using Stormcast.

Hi there Guys, this is my first post on TGA.

I have recently moved to the Lincoln area and have been looking to get in some gaming so finding this thread was pretty lucky! I'v not yet heard of, or been to IMPS Gaming so will definitely have to check it out!

I would be up for meeting for games or coming to events as I have just checked out the group on Facebook. I haven't had much chance to game in the past so am pretty new to it as before I have mostly just been into painting, but I get the basics and am looking to get more into playing it. 

I have a decent amout of Chaos and have just started collecting a Sylvaneth/Wanderers (Woodelves) army so will have to try them out sometime! 

3 hours ago, tabathist23 said:

Hi there Guys, this is my first post on TGA.

I have recently moved to the Lincoln area and have been looking to get in some gaming so finding this thread was pretty lucky! I'v not yet heard of, or been to IMPS Gaming so will definitely have to check it out!

I would be up for meeting for games or coming to events as I have just checked out the group on Facebook. I haven't had much chance to game in the past so am pretty new to it as before I have mostly just been into painting, but I get the basics and am looking to get more into playing it. 

I have a decent amout of Chaos and have just started collecting a Sylvaneth/Wanderers (Woodelves) army so will have to try them out sometime! 

Hey tabathist, as Adam says we are a very casual bunch, if you can pop down this Tuesday even if just to say hello I'll be there from about half six. It's the first week of our slow grow league - start at 500 points and we're adding 150 each month, might be good for your elves?

This Tuesday it will be a load of small pick up games so if you can bring something I'm sure people would be happy to play you. 

Just realised that Imps does not have a great web presence - if you're trying to find it the best place to look is the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ImpsGaming/

The address is 15 Crofton Close LN3 4NT - it's on the Allenby Industrial Estate at the back of Monks Road.

I drive there from Hykeham so if anyone needs a lift let me know

11 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Hey tabathist, as Adam says we are a very casual bunch, if you can pop down this Tuesday even if just to say hello I'll be there from about half six. It's the first week of our slow grow league - start at 500 points and we're adding 150 each month, might be good for your elves?

This Tuesday it will be a load of small pick up games so if you can bring something I'm sure people would be happy to play you. 

Thanks guys,

Yeah I should be free to come along on Tuesday. Might bring along some chaos as I definitely have enough already built up!

I look forward to meeting some of you!

• 4 weeks later...

@tabathist23 How did the Syvaneth work out for you on Tuesday night?

@TerrorPenguin I'm bringing some Squigs next week as requested.  I'll hopefully be able to get a couple of games of AoS in.

@AdamJ We could plan some narrative Stormcast vs Bloodbound games rather than matched play, using some of the battleplans from their respective books if you're interested, using fully painted stuff? (Something like this would help motivate me to work on my Chaos).

Yeah went well thanks, we kind of drew in the end but was a good practice run. 

I'll bring them back again though as they were fun didn't realise how powerful the treelord was!  Thinking about getting some wyldwoods at some point to start getting some real buffs going!!

@cb_rexI'm definitely up for some narrative games. What type of points is suggested for the battleplans you have in mind? I'm hoping to have around 800ish fully painted by the New Year.

I doubt I'll be at Imps tomorrow as I'm snowed under writing UCAS references it may mean I miss the week after too :(

I do have White Dwarf Weekly 84 actually, I was looking at that scenario a few weeks ago, although the other ones that are very Stormcast v Bloodbound orientated are from the big AoS Mighty Battles book, which I'd have to try and find a copy of.  There's also an interesting looking one in the Bloodbound Battletomb, based around the Bloodbound finding their wounded general.

It will likely be the new year before I have enough stuff painted (the yellow colourscheme is very time consuming) before we can really get started with it but I definately think there could be some good fun to be had with narrative gaming.

Archived