REVIEW: New Games Workshop Texture Paints

Mengel Miniatures

texture_cover.jpg

When I saw the new texture paints from Games Workshop I was instantly intrigued by their new thicker variations of each color, as well as the change to microbeads. The thicker Agrellan and Martian crackle paints looked the coolest to me, so I picked up one of those and the Stirland Battlemire for an upcoming project to test them out and compare them to their older counterparts.
Read more »

View the full article

Great stuff! I recently saw these as well, and excitedly bought some Martian Badlands. I have used Martian Ironearth on my bases, and just like you found it to be a bit too flat. This is especially the case on larger bases, for Chariots and Sphinxes and the like. I've experimented with adding structure to the bases with greenstuff to battle the problem, little hills and ridges and the like. It improves the look, but something is still missing. I've been planning to start using the Badlands variation in conjunction with the Ironearth to improve the bases further, so I'm thrilled to see that it turned out so well on your test base!

Archived