Bittergrub Question (Sylvaneth)

Mr. White

I don't have the Sylvaneth battletome as I'm a Silver Tower only player at the moment. With that, there's a Branchwych character that has a bittergrub. I'm thinking of splitting this model off onto its own base sort of like the Warpriest and Gryph-hound. That said, I don't know anything about Bittergrubs...can anyone provide a little background?

Here's what a gryph-hound does in the game. What would be three possible substitutes for the bittergrub? Maybe just the same three?

1-2 Rest: Remove a wound marker from the Gryph-hound. If it has no wound markers, move the Gryph-hound instead.

3-4 Defend: The Gryph-hound moves towards the enemy that is closest to the Warpriest. It then attacks that enemy if it is adjacent. If there are no enemies, or the Warpriest is not on the board, move the Gryph-hound instead.

5-6 Hunt: Move the Gryph-hound, then attack an adjacent enemy with it.

Tease! I saw a response and was hoping for a little background.

I think I can trick up some Bittergrub rules, so mainly am curious about the fluff of these creatures.

Can I get the Bittergrub's stats and the gryph-hounds in AoS...then I can convert the bittergrub to Silver Tower.

I think @Forestreveries knows a thing or two about the Branchwych's bit of grub.
#injokelolz

Ha! I do love a good bit o' grub me.

There's next to nothing in the unit entry in the sylvaneth battletome, I'll have a look through the fluff section when I get a chance .

All it says is that they're vicious and their mandibles cut through flesh and bone with ease.

In AoS game terms they give her an extra attack that inflicts -1 to save rolls and does a single damage.

Nothing particularly outstanding unfortunately! [emoji20]

Aaron

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

There is a story about a Branchwych in the Legends of Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth book. The Branchwych's bittergrub dies and she visits a hatchery to 'connect' to a new Bittergrub.

There are fiercely loyal, and act in symbiosis with the Branchwych. Not to dissimilar to the Gryphhound in all honesty.  You could certainly use it's rules. 

Archived