Rise of Empires: Realm Hoppers Narrative Campaign

HobbyHammer

So I'm still finishing my Ironjawz off for Blood and Glory end of this month, so my progress on the Khorne has been slow.

However along with six Bloodcrushers, 10 Bloodletters and some Bloodbound heroes, I have managed to build both Skarbrand and Barruk - Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage on Sunday. Hopefully I can get these last bits of Orruks finished so I can then get these painted up this month.

2016-10-30 20.10.41.jpg

2016-10-30 14.42.44.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paul G said:

Thought I'd post my whole army so far here, the Hurricanum at the end is a new unit! Starting on Sylvaneth this month, so expect a short story linking the two forces soon!

This Army looks amazing, love the muted colour scheme and the rusty metals, great idea for the hurricanum and fits into AoS much better than a brightly coloured scheme I have. This warband is progressing nicely!

5 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Hello Mr Unpainted Verminlord in the background! 

Looking forward to seeing this warband come together!

Yeah, that was my original Blood and Glory plan for Clan Pestilence but trying to build 110 Plague Monks broke me.

Cheers, really pumped to getting this army together. Hopefully will have extra units painted up that I won't be taking to the Realm Hoppers event.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 15.46.14.png

Hi Everyone! 

This is open to anyone! A little hobby motivation, you can choose any war scroll and any new technique, but give it a go! The Warscroll could even be a terrain piece. ;) 

Anyone who is partaking in the competition that is also playing along with the Narrative campaign will receive 8 Renown points for just taking part!

Have fun and look forward to seeing what you do. The prize will not be huge but there will be a small prize for best entry. 

See you soon.

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 6

age of sigmar artwork khorne bllodbound bloodreavers.jpg

However to the shock of both Barruk and his accompanying Bloodletters the Axe stopped, mere inches away from Sayl, blocked by some sort of shield.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS WIZARD!" roared Barruk, "You think some mystic shield is going to stop a Bloodthirster as mighty as myself? You're merely delaying the inevitable of your worthless life." Sayl knew he couldn't hold this protective spell up for much longer, his arms and mind grew weak, too many incantations in just a short period of time. As the Axe inched ever closer to his head, Sayl darted to the side, rolling across the floor as the Axe of Khorne crashed into the floor in the exact spot where Sayl had just been kneeling.

Barruk instantly lifted his Axe again and spun around on the spot gunning straight for the mage, "I don't want to fight you Bloodthirster, I come with gifts for your master" pleaded Sayl. The Bloodthirster stopped for a moment, scoffing at the statement from Sayl, "You have nothing to offer us " snarled Barruk. If there was anything that riled up former followers of Khorne more it was the fact a wizard believed it could bargain for his life, in their keep no less.

"Well I assure you Bloodthirster, I have two things on offer" Sayl snapped back, he knew coming to seek out Skarbrand and this rebellion of Khorne was a quest only a madman would embark on and if this predicament was anything to go by he was sure to meet his bloody end, may as well go out in a blaze of glory thought Sayl. He reached to his side fumbling with the string connected to his waist and untied the big hefty bag. He threw it on the floor in-front of Barruk, the top opening up and the skull of a former wizard rolling out across the floor. "A present for your master, I know how much he loathes magic users and adores his skulls. Well believe me, there's more of that if it interests him."

Barruk continued to stare a hole through Sayl who took the opportunity to say exactly why he was here, "I wish for an audience with your master, Skarbrand. I know this little rebellion you are orchestrating is going to need as much tactical advantage as possible. Why not rebel against Khorne by using the one thing he detests….magic?" The hulking figure of Barruk had heard enough, he grabbed Sayl by the rough of the neck, pulling him up from the floor and again pinned him against the chamber wall.

"DO NOT PATRONISE ME. TELL ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T ADD YOUR SKULL TO THAT PILE BEFORE MY FEET WIZARD…."

Welcome to November in the Realm Hoppers campaign! 

So September has now gone. Bit of a slow start to the campaign, but thats ok, its only for a bit of fun. If you want to join in this month, just post up your models and battle reports and score some points!

As it is now the next month, you can add in another 1 or 2 war scrolls from the Path to Glory tables below, but still no more than 1350 points in total.

Order Faction Path to Glory tables

Destruction Faction Path to Glory tables

Daemons of Chaos Path to Glory tables

Death and Tomb Kings Path to Glory Tables

Painting your war band.

Here is the best and easiest way of collecting renown points, for every war scroll that is painted and based, then posted up to the blog, you will earn a renown point. Renown points will enable your General to level up and in turn collect Dark Crystals. You can only Level up once per month. To get to Level 1, you need 8 Renown points. To get to level 2, you need 20 Renown points.

For every 8 renown points you earn, you can collect either a Treasure Card or Secondary Objective Card. For every Level up you gain, you can collect a Skill Card. You cannot have more than 3 cards in your possession at anytime.

The battleplan.

This months battleplan sees you General and a few of his elite venture down into the Tombs of the underworld, into the domain of the dead. The rest of your war band are not far behind, but can they survive long enough for the reinforcements to arrive. You must pick a maximum of 250 points worth of models to start the battleplan. After you have played this battleplan, feel free to play as many more as you like!

For every battle you play, you gain 1 Renown point, for every battle you win, you gain an extra Renown point. If you have a secondary objective card and you complete this, you gain another Renown point.

Skill cards can be kept indefinitely (or until your General is slain in any battle or you replace the card), Treasure and Secondary Objective cards can only be used in your next battle and are then lost.

94A3288C-FDE0-41A7-9556-D9412491ABBB.JPG

In this battleplan, you have the chance to find more Dark Crystals. If you have any in your possession at the end of the battle, let me know how many you have. These can be exchanged on the Black Market for Treasure, or can be crushed and consumed.. this second option does not always help you, but may give you a super boost for your next battle!

Secondary Objectives, Skill and Treasure Cards

Below is the link to the folders containing all the Skill, Treasure and Secondary Objective Cards that will be in play. When you gain one of these cards, they will be given to you randomly. 

Secondary Objective Cards

Skill Cards

Treasure Cards

Writing Short Stories

There is one other way in which you can earn Renown points, you can write a short story for your general and war band, detailing something they have done in the Mortal Realms. This can be anything you like. But for every short story, you earn 1 renown point.

So thats it! Good Luck for Month 2 and I look forward to seeing your progress! There may be (if I get time) a painting competition at the end of this month where you will get chance to earn more Renown points! Keep your eye out of that.

We finally got going on rolling our own PtG campaign into the Realm Hoppers event. We played this months battleplan with Free People vs Stormcast Eternals on one table and the arch enemies of Sylvaneth vs Nurgle Daemons on the other.

I play Nurgle Daemons and I think it should come to no surprise that they were slow but durable, while the Sylvaneth had speed and numbers as their advantage. Unfortunately for the jolly Nurgle daemons, running in fast and grabbing the crystal shards are not what they excel at, and the fight ended 3 - 1 to Sylvaneth. Although I think Nurgle had the upper hand in terms of killing the enemies (in melee), they could not stop the Dryads steal the crystal shards.

5_CyydB96RG7ZYvo7qE2ap0essZXxg26IuZet7gL

The Free People vs Stormcast ended in a 2 - 2 shard draw, with the Free People pulling a minor victory due to expensive casualties on the Stormcast side.

It was a fun battleplan, and maybe next time we'll try our hands on the battleplan from last month, as we haven't played that one yet. We hadn't prepared well enough in advance, and as such we have yet to use the skill and treasure cards, but hopefully we'll also get that sorted for next time.

PS: I presume we report our battles here, but if there is another thread/blog for that, let me know and I'll remove this one.

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 7

Bloodletter.jpg

Rage was filling the eyes of the Bloodthirster, he effortlessly held his giant Axe in one hand as Sayl was well aware that in any moment that Axe would separate his head from the rest of his body. "Please…let me show you" he spluttered as continued to struggle for breath. "I assure you it will be worth your master's attention and I assure you if it doesn't you can do what you may with that axe", Barruk dropped him to the floor and took a step back. The wizard picked himself back up, dusting his robes off from the bone dust that carpeted the floor.

"You have one chance wizard, one chance and if I am not satisfied I promise you, your head will roll" Barruk stepped back still well within Axe swing reach, but enough for Sayl to conduct himself. "I know your master's wings are damaged, many a story has been spun about them being non-functional. Well…." Sayl went silent as his started mumbling, the Bloodthirster on high alert lifted his Axe high into the air, the Bloodletters watching on also readying their weapons, but then Barruk noticed the Skull that Sayl had brought as a present. It soared around the room over Sayls head, flying up to the top of the chamber before dropping to the floor with a thud.

"Your master's wing's may be broken, but with my help your master can once again fly into battle and inflict total carnage onto your enemies. If he wishes maybe I can be a what would you call it? Oh yes, maybe I could be an advisor, after all I've spent time consulting many of the Chaos gods of the Chaos Realms...who better to inform Skarbrand of the weaknesses of each of the god's armies?"

Barruk scoffed "As if our lord Skarbrand needs to know an enemies weakness, he can rend any enemy out of existence." Sayl was quick to fire back, "Your lust for Blood is commendable Bloodthirster, but let me assure you with having full awareness of his enemies your master can excel the speed of his rebellion across the mortal realms. More skulls for you to pile high, more blood to spill." Sayl knew these promises would grab the Barruk's attention.

The Bloodthirster thought for a moment, maybe, just maybe this Wizard might be worth the time of his master. But he didn't want to risk the wrath of Skarbrand if he brought this Wizard uninvited to the grand hall. He knew he needed to see his master and explain the predicament before introducing Sayl to The Exiled One. "Wait here Wizard" Barruk barked, "I will consult with my master. He will decide whether you are worthy enough for an audience and if not, these Bloodletters guarding you will enjoying tearing you apart piece by piece." Barruk turned, storming straight out of the room and down one of the many corridors, as the Bloodletters now surrounded the chamber making sure there was no escape for Sayl no matter the outcome….

On 04/11/2016 at 4:41 PM, Spiky Norman said:

We finally got going on rolling our own PtG campaign into the Realm Hoppers event. We played this months battleplan with Free People vs Stormcast Eternals on one table and the arch enemies of Sylvaneth vs Nurgle Daemons on the other.

I play Nurgle Daemons and I think it should come to no surprise that they were slow but durable, while the Sylvaneth had speed and numbers as their advantage. Unfortunately for the jolly Nurgle daemons, running in fast and grabbing the crystal shards are not what they excel at, and the fight ended 3 - 1 to Sylvaneth. Although I think Nurgle had the upper hand in terms of killing the enemies (in melee), they could not stop the Dryads steal the crystal shards.

5_CyydB96RG7ZYvo7qE2ap0essZXxg26IuZet7gL

The Free People vs Stormcast ended in a 2 - 2 shard draw, with the Free People pulling a minor victory due to expensive casualties on the Stormcast side.

It was a fun battleplan, and maybe next time we'll try our hands on the battleplan from last month, as we haven't played that one yet. We hadn't prepared well enough in advance, and as such we have yet to use the skill and treasure cards, but hopefully we'll also get that sorted for next time.

PS: I presume we report our battles here, but if there is another thread/blog for that, let me know and I'll remove this one.

Let me know the names of the players involved and ill get the renown points split out. Cheers!

So a few people have now received renown points for their battles and stories, below is the Totals so far. @Spiky Norman, post up some pics of your painted units to gain more. 

@TalesOfSigmar - 7 Renown Points
@Paul G - 10 Renown points (General has levelled up to Level 2 and gains a Skill card)
@HobbyHammer - 7 Renown Points
@Spiky Norman - 5 Renown Points
@Grønlykke - 1 Renown Point (Once pics of units posted up, again will increase)
@Nixon - 5 Renown Points

Spread the word of this campaign to your friends and get more involved! Cheers

3 hours ago, HobbyHammer said:

Let me know the names of the players involved and ill get the renown points split out. Cheers!

I (Nurgle Daemons) played against @Nixon (Sylvaneth) and @Grønlykke (Free People) played the other match. I don't think the fourth player (Stormcast Eternals) have an account on TGA (yet).

I don't think I can post pictures of my painting, because I have already painted my Nurgle Daemon army that I take from to my warband. Maybe I can post some pictures of the mortal Nurgle followers I am working on now, but they would not be used in the warband.

Just now, Spiky Norman said:

I (Nurgle Daemons) played against @Nixon (Sylvaneth) and @Grønlykke (Free People) played the other match. I don't think the fourth player (Stormcast Eternals) have an account on TGA (yet).

I don't think I can post pictures of my painting, because I have already painted my Nurgle Daemon army that I take from to my warband. Maybe I can post some pictures of the mortal Nurgle followers I am working on now, but they would not be used in the warband.

Hey dude, Post up the pictures, if you used them in your warband then they painted units will count. You will gain Renown points for them. Ill add in @Nixon and @Grønlykke too. 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Hey dude, Post up the pictures, if you used them in your warband then they painted units will count. You will gain Renown points for them. Ill add in @Nixon and @Grønlykke too. 

Cheers

Alright, pictures ahoy!

Nurglings - The tarpit

uLefbAK2HZWE2H8O1F5kO9s5sA8H8Gl9yRS4d-pR

Plague Drones - The only real threat

T-SAmkzwJqey8tYMoHBBdLMvktaa5ydfBiaoC1c8

Plaguebearers - The workhorses

_a0LmpzwsU9GCC90Z_OQMsBIpvmDEk-c9t8R2O7U

Herald of Nurgle - The deadweight

dy7czc9apjzZqTLQH_rw_QmgDDZZIjzd1dvvFku2

30 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Wow these are amazing!! 4 extra renown points for you! 3 away from your General being Level 2 now and gaining a skill card!

Thanks. :-)

I'll try and take a picture of the entire warband, as some of the models got a bit of a touch up here and there since I took the above pictures.

17 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Can we still play previous month's battleplans?

Think I've got a mate coming round to play next week and was thinking of playing the Crystal Shatters Battleplan.

Yer dude, play any battleplan you like. I Post up custom Ones for a guide. 

First bit of background involving the beginnings of my Sylvaneth army 

Myrddin sensed a new presence nearby. Continuing on their pilgrimage, assembled regiments of The Order had finally reached a break from the endless fields. Setting up camp in a dense forest, Myrddin, atop the Iron Fulcrum, began to hear some impossibly distant whispers. After deducing the whispers were benevolent, Myrrdin settled in for the night.

Waking to the sound of voices raised in anger, Myrddin rushed out of his quarters on the Fulcrum. In the centre of the camp, surrounded by Men-at-Arms, were five of the strangest things Myrddin had seen in his long life. The creatures reminded him of his Aelven aquiantances back in the College of Magic in Azyrheim, but with some obvious differences...

Remembering rumours of Forest Demons in the deep woods of Azyr, Myrrdin shouted; "What is your purpose here? knowing instinctively that he would be able to understand them.

"We have come to parley," replied the clear leader of the band.

Stepping down from the Fulcrum, Myrddin continued his questioning; "parley for who?"

Myrddin was shocked by the creatures response, as it spoke as though it were a light wind rustling through a leafy tree.

"How can you understand these creatures?" Asked Constantine.

"I could only understand as I stood on the Fulcrum!" replied Myrddin preposterously.

Returning to the pulpit of the Fulcrum, Myrddin repeated his question; "Parley with who?"

"Drycha Hamadreth."

IMG_2846.JPG

Archived