Rise of Empires: Realm Hoppers Narrative Campaign

HobbyHammer

Managed to get a couple of games in last night using the 1K Warband vs a friends Daemons of Tzeentch army. Unfortunately only managed to get pictures of the first game which was Gift from the Heavens.

The Khorne Rebellion

Barruk - Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

Heung - Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne on Bloodcrusher

30 x Bloodletters

10 x Bloodletters

3 x Bloodcrushers

10 x Bloodreavers

Vs.

Tzeentch Daemons

Gaunt Summoner

Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot

Tzaangor Shaman

10 x Pink Horrors

10 x Pink Horrors

3 x Screamers of Tzeentch

3 x Screamers of Tzeentch

58a328b450912_File14-02-2017144647.jpeg.5f9778f4584cd71d91cfe37fb875f7fa.jpeg

58a328d25fc2b_File14-02-2017144747.jpeg.e1895441de5096008494b3594b31e3d4.jpeg

The Tzeentch forces started, with no enemies in range they set up a defensive position in their territory casting defensive spells on their units.

58a328b861889_File14-02-2017144657.jpeg.bfc9ffe5cd973c39f612865abeadae92.jpeg

The forces of Khorne piled forwards, while they wouldn't be able to get in combat straight away the Daemons of Khorne were wary of the damage the Tzeentch Daemons could produce with their spells.

58a328db4f013_File14-02-2017144756.jpeg.201703a6ac153b32c3a1c2c9fdc9b374.jpeg

The comet dropped down in the centre of the board exactly where the smaller unit of Bloodletters and Bloodreavers took up position.

58a328c71fe00_File14-02-2017144728.jpeg.ebe82d7b54196c7fe7ca1ce3483d4980.jpeg

Then came the magic phase from the Tzeentch army, they focused on the 30-strong unit of Bloodletters and after spell after spell only 9 were left standing in the unit!

58a328e3590a0_File14-02-2017144807.jpeg.ddecb6f9a6071ebdb47e2cf08f6fc9e6.jpeg

58a328cac48df_File14-02-2017144737.jpeg.4a270e1546439033a411210b77d0e71b.jpeg

58a328f06dbc1_File14-02-2017144830.jpeg.74182d58d7a81d560e8495442a5afef4.jpeg

Finally the Khorne were in range, the Bloodcrushers and Herald on Bloodcrusher charged head first into the first unit of Screamers, the first two Tzeentch flyers cut down but the remaining one proved difficult to shift.

58a328f8a3c87_File14-02-2017144841.jpeg.fc6364d13d20d4384e561f9c74086401.jpeg

58a328fe8ad97_File14-02-2017144851.jpeg.79332f300ffb8cc22cc126947391e3ed.jpeg

The remaining Bloodletters charged into the other Screamers, despite being severely weakened they felled one with ease. However the screamers fought back slaying three in response. However reality flickered and suddenly six Bloodletters were returned to the battlefield to join the battle, with the increase in numbers the Bloodletters made short work of the remaining screamers.

58a328eb99b03_File14-02-2017144819.jpeg.bd90adaf93271c9c496b818c4ba2a5f2.jpeg

The Bloodthirster found his gap in the enemies lines, flying full speed into the Herald of Tzeentch on Flaming Chariot. With a clean sweep of his giant Axe, Barruk sliced the chariot in half lopping off the head of the Tzeentch wizard at the same time. With the taste of blood on his axe, Barruk then went straight into one of the Pink Horror units, as the dust settled not a single Horror was left standing.

58a328c3c7995_File14-02-2017144718.jpeg.30c8c6adbda25fa08d27b1c18041936e.jpeg

The Bloodthirster had left the enemy force in ribbons with both comets in possession of the Khorne. It was a victory to the Khorne!

File 14-02-2017, 14 46 17.jpeg

File 14-02-2017, 14 47 06.jpeg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we have some artillery and a bit of fluff.

"As the Ice-touched roamed, their numbers swelled. They liberated other ogors they found along the way and pillaged what they could. 

One such item was an old cart. Vuillard had the cart strapped to a young rhinox. When he also found a freeguild cannon abandoned, he had his engineer, Vonslaar, mount the cannon on the cart and serve as it's crew.

Neither Vuillard nor Vonslaar has dared see if the cannon works yet. It seems to serve as a deterrent to would-be attackers though." 

IMG_0656.JPG

Here's the beginning of my narrative for my AOS28 warband! Branchwych photo to follow soon!

The Wych knew she had little time before the Hamadreth discovered her plans, treachery, as Drycha would see it.

Not all in the Dreadwood follow Drycha's course unquestioningly. The older ones remember a time before she returned, a time of relative peace and harmony with the forest, rather than using it as a weapon.

The Wych intended to find a way back to that time for here people, and this meant leaving the forest behind for a time.

She couldn't complete such a task alone however, and who would join her?

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 13

58a46e6b85f3b_BlueSkarbrand.jpg.6709c5a0753e0f59c40b92e8f81264dd.jpg

The Exiled One leant back in his throne for a moment, considering the words from his advisor on the council. Ever since Skarbrand allowed a wizard into the rebellion they had managed to outwit some of the toughest opponents. While all the Bloodthirster wanted to do was slaughter anything that moved in his sight, the fact that Sayl had ideas to make sure they created the biggest impact was always an added bonus.

"Very well", replied The Exiled One Skarbrand obviously took note of the fact that Sayl's face lit up at the response and the wizards fascination with the crystals. The legendary Bloodthirster took a long last swig from his skull goblet, droplets of blood fall down his chin and into his great white beard. "But let me warn you Sayl, if you dare try to cross me I'll make sure to end your life quicker than you can blink. Now go rally the Rebellion, we have blood to spill and skulls to collect…."

Here's Drycha! Not really happy with the honeycomb but can always go back and improve it, anyone have any ideas?

Konstantine looked over the field of battle. The Order had taken heavy casualties, but it seemed as though they had the Nurgle forces on the back foot. The Sylvaneth ambush had really swung the tide. Still polluting the realm was a massive pus daemon, of which Konstantine took it upon himself to impale with his Relic lance.

Charging towards the daemon, looking down his lance at a particularly festering area of it, Konstantine spied a beast erupting from a nearby copse. The thing was clearly Sylvaneth, but Konstantine couldn't help noticing the likeness between it and the daemon. The thing quickly covered alot of ground between it and the daemon, and as it approached, unleashed an impossible amount of bugs from itself, hurting the daemon, then jumped onto it's back. Bringing the massive thing to the ground. the thing tore into its hide, clearly being effected by the poisons released, but this seemingly didn't slow it down in the slightest. 

With that final blow to the Nurgle forces, the remaining daemons dissapated, followed shortly after by the Sylvaneth, leaving the remainder of The Order alone on the field of battle...

2017-02-11 11.35.51.jpg

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 14

58a5c981bdb36_File16-02-2017154529.jpeg.7e80477ab65c4a50310bcfdc1c4828a8.jpeg

The Khorne Rebellion poured out of the stronghold, whipped up into a blood frenzy, the Bloodreavers and Bloodletters led the charge. The Bloodcrushers being ordered by Heung outflanked the main core of the army, scouting ahead for any potential victims of the Rebellion that may be lurking over yonder.

The once silent surrounding lands of Aqshy now broken with the ever growing chant of “Blood for The Exiled One, Skulls for Skarbrand”, Ranuk the Bloodsecrator urged his brethren forward to find their first foes. Sooner or later this alliance of man and daemon would find their weapons clashing against worthy opponents, and after all said and done blood would be spilt, skulls would roll and The Exiled One would be indulged.

Talking of Skarbrand, the Bloodthirster stepped out flanked by his fellow Bloodthirster and second in command Barruk, behind them the slippery figure of Sayl slivered out from the entrance that he infiltrated months ago. Both Skarbrand and Barruk sniffed the sulphuric air, for most it burned the nostrils to breathe in but for the Bloodthirsters the lure and smell of blood overpowered any volcanic smell from the Realm of Fire. Skarbrand licked his lips, a frenzy boiling up within him.

“TO WAR MY FOLLOWERS, HEAR YOUR ENEMIES SCREAMS AND LET THEIR BLOOD FLOW!!!”

"He stormed into battle, a devil unhinged by war. Around him, the air was tinged red by the blood of his enemies, and all were rendered speechless by his bulk. As an ogor, he was huge, as a tyrant he was terrifying.

He was Vuillards only field officer, the lieutenant of the ogor troops. His footsteps dug gouges into the earth as his weapon did the same to his foes. 

He was Vyspard, tyrant of the Ice-touched, bringer of doom"

IMG_0663.JPG

It Friday so here's the full Waaagh with the extras. 

IMG_0194.JPG.ed39d819a9f7e5fba2e26535ecad8506.JPG

With a dull thud, Olrog's choppa caved in the chest of the tattered human on the ground before him. He straightened up to his full height and glared at his surroundings a motley collection of, now burning, wooden huts. His Boys had finished off the last of the occupants and were now settling down to their traditional post battle feast and habitual squabble over the spoils, such as they were. 

The squalid remnants of the human civilisations that once spread across this Realm in glorious opposition to Gorkamorka's will would not provide the level of resistance necessary to allow Olrog reach his full potential. The captive had promised him and Aelf city with a proper army and high walls ripe to be pulled down and burnt from existence. 

"Bolg!' He snarled at his Lieutenant. Who was enthusiastically smashing a building to kindling with his mighty fists. 

"Get the pansy" 

"Yer, Boss" 

The massive Orruk stomped away towards a trio of Troggoths who were noisily devouring the battle's casualties. A brief scuffle ensued, resulting in a demonstration of the chain of command and two Troggoths down and bleeding onto the snow covered ground . Olrog chuckled to himself as Bolg half kicked, half dragged the final, sack carrying Troggoth over to the Warboss. 

"Drop it and sod off" Olrog barked to the Troll who complied sullenly before shambling off the rejoin his now fully healed fellows. 

A small crowd of Boyz had gathered thoughts of looting dispelled at the prospect of more sport. The only thing protruding from the sack was the filthy, bloodied head of an Aelf.

"Oi pansy, you sed the rest of the pansies woz ere, not sum poxy oomie ole"

"Wots the problem Boss?" Came the shout from the back of the assembled mob "I never met a Oomie I din't like........ wiv suace" 

This example of Orruk wit raised bellows of mirth from the nearby Boys. I truth even Olrog cracked a grin before slowly turning with the intention of instilling some discipline in his troops. This example of Orcish leadership was cut short as the captive took the opportunity to spit a mouth full of blood at his captor. With a sound not unlike a side of meat being stuck by a plank the Aelf was torn sideways before slumping in an unconscious heap. 

Olrog rolled his eyes skywards, "Bolg you dozy git, I can't talk to the pansy if you've knocked iz Ead off" 

Bolg's grovelling apology was cut off by the cry of one of the lookouts "Boss! Sumfink's following us!" 

Olrog stared in the direction of the lookout's wildly gesturing arm.  A flash of orange and a bloom of flame illuminated the snowy wasteland in the the middle distance. He raised his face to the wind and sniffed. Brimstone and ur-gold. Olrog's eyes narrowed and his mouth formed a grimace of anticipation. 

"Stunties!"

Here's my completed Branchwych and overall army shot! Not sure when we started the current campaign so didn't include my Freeguild army...

In the Sylvaneth I've painted;

Treelord Ancient
Drycha
Branchwych
Branchwraith
3 Kurnoth Hunters
3x5 Spite Revenants
5 Tree Revenants
1 Sylvaneth Wyldwood (not pictured)

To get it to around 2k, I need;
3 Kurnoth Hunters
5 Spite Revenants
20 Dryads

Now that the followers of the Rot God had been cast out from their realm, the assembled Dreadwood chiefs were to discuss their next move in protecting the realm from outside forces. Without Drycha and the Spite Revenants there to sway the vote, a more level-headed approach was decided upon. Whilst the majority of the grove would remain to consolidate their victory in the realm, a small band would go out into the world to protect from the shadows...

Will be posting more stuff to do with my new warband over on the AOS28 thread, and more in-depth thoughts behind the project over on my blog!

Cheers everyone who's been posting! Thanks Hobbyhammer for running it, hope everyone has a great time at the tourny this weekend!

That's a serious amount of Orruks Ollie!

2017-02-16 22.43.42.jpg

2017-02-16 22.42.19.jpg

2017-02-16 22.43.11.jpg

2017-02-16 22.46.12.jpg

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 15

TO WAR MY FOLLOWERS, HEAR YOUR ENEMIES SCREAMS AND LET THEIR BLOOD FLOW!!

With an instant reply, the Khorne Rebellion all cheered the request of their leader. Their speed increased, the bloodlust couldn’t come quicker. The land that they traversed were covered in small dark crystals, powerful light pulsating from each shard. Sayl’s eye lit up, the shards getting bigger and bigger, as he stopped about to scoop up the dark crystals Skarbrand was there to drag the wizard back to his feet.

"͞You will get your crystals, when we get our skulls wizard͟" spat The Exiled One. Sayl was obviously taken back at the force of being pulled up not wanting to infuriate the Bloodthirster he chose his words wisely "͞mmyy…myy...my apologies my lord, I was just…" He was instantly cut off this time by Barruk "You were just nothing Sayl. You will be told when you can look at these crystals. Anyway you have more pressing issues ahead." Sayl knew what this meant, Barruk took to the skies overlooking the Rebellion that 
marched on, and Skarbrand stood next to the wizard. With a quiet chant the wizard started his spell, slowly but surely both Wizard and Skarbrand started hovering above the ground. 

Soon Skarbrand joined the heights of his fellow Bloodthirster, the Wizard clutching onto the back of The Exiled One. "Glorious! Now my enemies will feel my wrath from the skies" roared Skarbrand, the two Bloodthirsters now soaring above their Rebellion. From the skies they could see as far as their vision could see, thankfully with the power of Chaos that was a lot further than the normal man and far ahead, they could see a much larger Dark Crystal pulsating from the floor. But it wasn’t the crystal that grabbed the Khorne Rebellion’s attention, although truth be told Sayl’s eyes were fixated on the Crystal, rather the Chaos Duardin that could be seen in the area studying the item of power. 

Skarbrand nodded towards Barruk, signalling to make the attack, the Bloodthirster roared out to the men and daemons below; "To me Rebellion, the blood of fallen Duardin shall flow tonight!"

=====================

hopefully this posts ok. I'm trying to do this on the iPhone in a hotel next to the venue for Realm Hoppers tomorrow. Really enjoyed this campaign the last few months there's been some great armies created over that time. 

Anyway here's the whole Khorne Rebellion I've painted up in the past few months. 

IMG_2836.JPG.d09c100e42dc221fa3d48586783ad878.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG.cf02b4f4b3ddbd7022527318a38995a8.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG.9cc4749494fab1b552dc3b5e3a59d5c2.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG.167cf165d6e95489cdbd5405bbc31b3c.JPG

An Epilogue for Waaagh Olrog

Olrog unleashed a barrage of blows against the giant Thunderumie who blocked his path. His foe fell back and vanished in a blinding flash of lightning.  Olrog reached out and grabbed the sack the Stormcast had been carrying.  His captive was back in his possession.  The Warboss felt the Waaagh energy rush through his body, a power that had been absent since the Umie Wierdboy on the giant bird had stolen his stash during the battle with the carrion eaters. 

The last the remnants of the Aelf force were preparing to charge. Olrog booted the bloodied survivors of his Boyz into formation, the sickly green glow of the Waaagh power infecting them with his touch.  He drew a breath and opened his lungs 

"WAAA.....?"

His war cry tailed off as the Aelf change faulted after couple of steps.  A look of terror and dispair crossed the face of the Aelf leader, who made a chopping gesture with his had and with an eldritch word the Aelfs slunk away and disappeared. Olrog swung round in time to see the remaining Thunderumies, who had fought his Ard Boyz to a bloody stalemate, slam their weapons into the ground and be taken by the lightning. 

The campaign was over. Olrog could feel it. A wheel of fate clunked into place. His mighty Waaagh had been reduced to a score of the hardest warriors but Olrog now understood what it had been for, the massacre of the Stunties, the Realm gates even the bitter loss of his stash and near annihilation at the hands of the walking dead. 

Grabbing the captive pansy by the neck he dragged the squirming Aelf towards the pile of Dark Crystals he had felt compelled by unknown reason to collect during his battles. Now he knew. Drawing back his arm Olrog tossed the screaming Aelf into the pile of crystals. Time slowed for a moment, the Aelf and crystals contracted into a pinprick seemingly dragging time in on itself. Everything stopped, them a deluge of Waaagh energy tore out hammering Olrog into the earth. 

A green mist settled on the ground on which Olrog once stood, as is dissipated it revealed what Olrog had become. It stood a head and shoulders talkers than the Warboss it had once been. Almost naked but but the charred remains of Olrog's wargear and the seemingly untouched Iron visor seared on its face. Gone was the gleam of malign intelligence in it eyes replaced by the assured gaze of a fanatic, the maniac glint of a Prophet of the Waaagh. 

Olrog the Prophet punched out his fists blasting his followers with the power of Gorkamorka. The Ardboyz grew tall their crooked gait straightening and muscles swelling. They tore the Orruk forged armour from their bodies before hammering them back into place with their fists, becoming clanking behemoths of green flesh and iron. The remaining Boyz tossed aside what metal they carried and descended on the corpse of the fallen Aelf Dragon tearing it bones from the meat to fashion weapons and armour. 

One of the Boyz knelt low at Olrog's feet presenting him with the Dragon's thigh bone. Olrog thrust his trophy over his head like a staff. 

"Waaaaaaaaaaagh" 

Waaagh Olrog proper had begun, first more Boyz needed to be recruited and then there was an empire to be forged. 

How did he Rebellion of Khorne fare @TalesOfSigmar ? 

Where did everyone else's narrative lead them on the weekend? 

This is amazing! Such a great story of the event. Love that it came down to the last wire for Olrog to claim back his prize. Would love to hear everyone else epilogues for the event. 

I had a personal one myself. Reggio was finally found in Mitzmanheim (@Mitzy) in the Realm of Uglu, his soul has been transported to the forging by Sigmar himself ready to be made into a vision of Sigmars will. He is now destined to become a Lord Aquilior of the Astral Templars. Leading his own Auxiliary Chamber called the GryphonClaws, he shall be sent to Hysh to find Tyrion and Teclis with a message from the god king. (Quest to be completed at #RAW17) 

Thyios the BattleMage on Griffon who snatched the Aelven Princess from the Trolls initially is now in need of rescue, Olrog has sent a portion of his army to find him on the Tundras of Shilliax, him and his War Council must travel the Realm and return to Azyr, to aid them and as a thank you Bel Shiennar (@JontyGoesGaming) has given them 20 Phoenix Guard, the Fyreslayers of the Lofnir Lodge (@Rich) have also sacrificed 3 units of Vulkite Berzerkers to help in this perilous journey. The Road to #SCGT (@Dan Heelan) has begun. 

Archived