What would a Stormcast 'Heresy' look like?

I'm getting ideas for this in my head now.  When a Stormcast dies, it gets reforged or something along those lines.  Something in there about losing a bit more of their sanity on each recast or something along those lines.  It gets a little dark when some of these souls actually become addicted to the reforging process.

Well my idea is that after so many 'castings', there are flaws.  For modelling I'd model battle damage, corrosion, imcomplete/ghostly elements, etc.  The weapons would be broken, worn, or scuffed up.  Maybe even add some chains or rope showing that they're holding pieces together.  

They would be called the 'Miscast' army, and they wander around waiting to die, to be reforged again.

On 10/17/2016 at 0:15 AM, Wraith01 said:

It would be cool, but not if it happens soon, maybe in a few years. 

I think we need to explore the stormcast eternals more and understand how they work, what the effects of reforging are,  how they fit into the new world they are fighting for. 

Nagash goes into it in the lord of undeath novel. Stormcast are designed in a similar way to the undead where they are only dedicated to sigmar's goals and mission. They cannot fathom betraying sigmar because they "can't" even when a great unclean one gripped a stormcast in his hand his faith in sigmar did not waver. 

They may question but will never outright betray their mission or their faith in sigmar. 

Sigmar wants warriors strong of spirit because in my mind and I think sigmar thinks this way as well chaos corrupts that's their true weapon. 

As a mild aside to this, I don't like dark / non metallic Stormcast. To me, the imagery conjures up gleaming, statuesque paragons. Living statues.
I know they're more complex than that, but.. I dunno. Living embodiment of the fight against corruption.

Heck, in the fluff their weaponry self-cleans and the Lord Castellants don't just repair armour, they polish it.
All with magic, obvs. But in a world where tit-tape is a thing, toy soldiers being visually stunning shouldn't be too much of a stretch...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Interesting concept.  Like a few people I can't really see Stormcast splitting in the same way as the Heresy as @Veterannoob that's the very foundation of modern 40k.  I can see more of a push on the idea that Sigmar is really "true neutral" or possibly "lawful neutral" (to coin the D&D concept).

However I can't see much changing until they've at least got some more factions out :)

20 hours ago, shinros said:

Nagash goes into it in the lord of undeath novel. Stormcast are designed in a similar way to the undead where they are only dedicated to sigmar's goals and mission. They cannot fathom betraying sigmar because they "can't" even when a great unclean one gripped a stormcast in his hand his faith in sigmar did not waver. 

They may question but will never outright betray their mission or their faith in sigmar. 

Sigmar wants warriors strong of spirit because in my mind and I think sigmar thinks this way as well chaos corrupts that's their true weapon. 

True, but nothing is set in stone. It's fantasy so Nagash could easy find a magical way to break their faith, or there could be some cataclysmic event that changes the Stormcast's perception of Sigmar.

I think I'm gonna take this on a painting project for my next army. 

I'm thinking black armour (maybe my own chamber) with some more Relictor types heads. I might even have some of the spirit hosts swirling around the characters. Imagine the prime with spirits instead of the crappy swirly bits he's usually got.

Archived