Events UK: Rain of Stars

Chris Tomlin

• 4 weeks later...

I will be updating entrants and closing ticket sales soon so that I can work on the organisational side of things. So if you're on the fence, no is the time to get involved!

I will also be sorting the charity raffle over the next couple of weeks, as well as the forums be sure to follow me on Twitter @the_black_sun and listen to podcast episodes for all the latest news.

It's looking like the Generals Handbook will be used for this, though ideally I want the book in hand before making that decision (which unfortunately I'm not sure will be possible if it comes out on the 14th - would like it confirmed for this event one way or another before then ideally) :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Please can all Rain of Stars entrants email me your preferred email address for contact ASAP. 

Just put Rain of Stars and your name in the subject. Info to follow over next couple of days. If you have friends attending please prompt them as well. 

Send details to christomlin646@outlook.com please and not my PayPal address. 

In other news, the tournament has actually capped out at 34 players as Ricky Mee and Ben Diesel can now attend!

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin

After weighing up hotel vs getting up at 5am Saturday morning, hotel wins. Turns out there's a bowling alley round the corner too ?

Just got to wait for the Bonespltterz book to finalise my list and find something for the auction.

12 hours ago, Binx said:

After weighing up hotel vs getting up at 5am Saturday morning, hotel wins. Turns out there's a bowling alley round the corner too ?

Just got to wait for the Bonespltterz book to finalise my list and find something for the auction.

I might be up for a bit of bowling on the Friday! We'll see how prepared/organised I am ;)

I'll post all the Tournament details that have been e-mailed out into this thread for completeness sake at some point. Important thing is that the info is with the entrants.

I do also have some questions/queries to answer via e-mail and that will go out to the group as a whole.

Chris

I'm planning to run a largely Forgeworld list. If FW don't release points on or before Saturday, could I please go ahead with SCGT costs x 20. I'll submit the list over the weekend. Any later than that and it's going to be hard to adjust.

Thank you

49 minutes ago, Nico said:

I'm planning to run a largely Forgeworld list. If FW don't release points on or before Saturday, could I please go ahead with SCGT costs x 20. I'll submit the list over the weekend. Any later than that and it's going to be hard to adjust.

Thank you

Yes that should be fine. There was a couple of monsters I would consider modifying -/+ beyond the SCGT x20, but if you just send over your list we'll take it from there. I don't anticipate any issues and please don't worry that you're not going to be able to use your list or anything.

I will be sending another e-mail to entrants tonight as it happens, I have a few questions to answer etc.

I'm sure no-one was planning to do this anyway, but could you include the longstanding rule (from both like Clash 1.2 and SCGT) that you cannot use dice reroll abilities (Kroak, Coven Throne etc.) on the rolls for initiative (or on any rolls for the mechanics of the battleplans themselves). They are definitely not priced sufficiently so as to include this.

Cheers.

@Nico

Yeh we certainly won't be having any of that nonsense :)

I've decided to hold off on sending out a further e-mail until early next week in case anyone has further queries post GH release.

Please do respond to the initial e-mail with food choices though, only a few of you have done that so far.

Got some great independent prizes coming in for the raffle as well. Plus sorted a couple of other bits - gonna be a really fun event I think. 

4 hours ago, Nico said:

Feeling very excited now it's this weekend. Got my suitably filthy raffle item ready.

Are there going to be open lists and the draw in advance?

Cheers

Draw yes. Should've been done yesterday but I have been unwell. Will be up this evening. 

Hopefully I have time to get the lists up on a PDF beforehand as well. Losing yesterday has been a bit of a killer prep wise though. 

• Like 1

Hi all

Here is my list for the tournament: 

Celestant Prime                    360
Drakesworn Templar            500
Knight Heraldor x2               240
Knight Vexillor                       200
Lord Celestant                       100
Castellant.                              100
Mist Weaver Saih                     80

5 Judicators x2                      320
5 Liberators                            100
5 Decimators                          200
5 Protectors                            200
1 Gryph-Hound                       40
4 Fulminators                          480
3 Prosecutors with Javelins.  80

Total: 3000

Cheers

Matt Clarke - The Black Sun 

On 27/4/2016 at 0:46 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Don't forget that as per the GH, Monsters cannot ever claim +1 save for being in cover anyway. 

Sorry to ask this, since Im not part of the event, Im just curious. Where in the GH can I find this?

Nice event Chris, hope to do something similar here in Denmark sometime.

10 hours ago, Nixon said:

Sorry to ask this, since Im not part of the event, Im just curious. Where in the GH can I find this?

Nice event Chris, hope to do something similar here in Denmark sometime.

Cheers @Nixon - It should be a good time for sure. I can try to grab you a page reference or screenshot later on after work, but you'll find it within the matched play section. It's only in a small passage and not highlighted as a big rule or anything (which I found strange!)

@Gmac2610 - Good on you for posting your list, would be nice to see a few more of you going balls out and sharing (lists, not balls!).

@Marc Wilson - The Battleplans will be predetermined by myself, but just announced before each round, along with any relevant clarifications.