Which Faction Lines Are Updated?

Mr. White

I understand all the WFB 8th models are viable, but there have been some lines (Stormcasts, IronJawz, etc) released since the Age of Sigmar launched. as a new comer to the game...what are all the lines that have been released as AoS models?

I want to add some characters to my Silver Tower game (need some more females) but am leering of picking up Sisters of Avelorn or Witch Aelves because I wonder if they'll be too small compared to the rest of the heroes. I've only assembled and painted up one Silver Tower character at this time (the slaughterpriest) and he's huge.

So, I'm hoping to pull models from the AoS lines proper...with their new looks and scale...if possible as opposed to older carryover models.

Everything you see still available on the GW online store has been fully updated with rules for AoS and incorporated into the new setting's background. Everything from the previous edition of the game no longer available on the online store (Tomb Kings, Brets, old special characters) has full 'legacy' rules and points for use in games of AoS but is unlikely to be updated. rereleased or incorporated into the new background.

The only additional Silver Tower heroes with female models at present are the (Dark Elf) Sorceress and the Sylvaneth Branchwych (the skink might be female too, I've yet to ask it), but there's nothing stopping you from converting up female counterparts to any of the heroes with rules!

17 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Everything you see still available on the GW online store has been fully updated with rules for AoS and incorporated into the new setting's background. Everything from the previous edition of the game no longer available on the online store (Tomb Kings, Brets, old special characters) has full 'legacy' rules and points for use in games of AoS but is unlikely to be updated. rereleased or incorporated into the new background.

The only additional Silver Tower heroes with female models at present are the (Dark Elf) Sorceress and the Sylvaneth Branchwych (the skink might be female too, I've yet to ask it), but there's nothing stopping you from converting up female counterparts to any of the heroes with rules!

Yes, I plan on converting some of the hero cards to females, but I'm afraid my question wasn't worded correctly.

I'm concerned about the scale of the minis between WFB 8th and AoS. So, I'm wondering which factions have new models since AoS dropped. Those factions/models should be to scale with the heroes in the Silver Tower box. I would wonder if that Dark Elf Sorceress would look too small. Like I said, this Slaughterpriest is huge.

I'm not concerned about rules updates, but model updates.

Oh right, my poor reading comprehension. The two Slaughterpriest models are freakishly big and their background even mentions them being crazy swole/tall. The Dark Elf Sorceress and Sisters of Averlorn (Averlorn don't exist anymore so they're called Sisters of the Watch now) should be the exact same scale (albeit less dynamically posed) as the two Silver Tower aelf heroes.

:) 

Just the Branchwych at present, though she's sure to be joined by the Stormcast Wizard coming out next week fairly sharpish. I'm pretty sure that when Silver Tower first came out someone made a blank card template that it wouldn't be hard to copy the Branchwych's rules onto if you can find it.

Maybe GW will release another box of cards when they've got another dozen or so clampack heroes out.

4 hours ago, Mr. White said:

I understand all the WFB 8th models are viable, but there have been some lines (Stormcasts, IronJawz, etc) released since the Age of Sigmar launched. as a new comer to the game...what are all the lines that have been released as AoS models?

I want to add some characters to my Silver Tower game (need some more females) but am leering of picking up Sisters of Avelorn or Witch Aelves because I wonder if they'll be too small compared to the rest of the heroes. I've only assembled and painted up one Silver Tower character at this time (the slaughterpriest) and he's huge.

So, I'm hoping to pull models from the AoS lines proper...with their new looks and scale...if possible as opposed to older carryover models.

Thanks for reminding me I need to go make that video about assembling the Silver Tower models. Until then, I'll leave you with a reference of all of the models that are apparently the right size and those that are visually larger than the others:

Small: The Familiars (I was comparing this to other familiars GW has made, these guys are tiny and the base stands out. Put them on squares to remedy this)

Right Size: Spider Grots, Tzaangors

Appear Right: Pink Horrors (The current models are charging at us, the new ones appear standing straight), Skaven Deathrunner (Skaven size changes based on the model kind, clanrats are smaller than stormvermin, who are smaller than warlords, who are about right with the Deathrunner). Both Elves (they are modeled on objects)

Way too Large: Excelsior Warpriest (I would have said GW are racist and think all black people are really big except the next model provides evidence otherwise), Darkoath Chieftain (like the Warpriest,  both stand a full head-head and a half over the old models), the Fyreslayer (this is a trend for Fyreslayers vs Dwarfs),  and the Tzeentch Marauders.

Everything else is the Stormcast guy (who fits them), or doesn't have a comparable model (Though the Ogroid is significantly larger than an Ogre, though I should have compared to a Minotaur too).

Hello I think I understand your question.

Factions that are new.

•Stormcast

•Bloodbound

•Rotbringers ( they're appropriate size to the new scale and i think they were released during the End Times I believe. )

•Death lords (nothing in the single hero range though. ) the tomb banshee and cairn wraith are pretty good size single death hero's. You'd need custom rules though.

•Fyreslayers

•Sylvaneth

•Ironjawz (the best!)

I think that's it for all new AoS ranges.... unless I'm forgetting one.

Absolute minimal ladies though

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Hello I think I understand your question.

Factions that are rebooted or new.

•Stormcast

•Bloodbound

•Rotbringers ( they're appropriate size to the new scale and i think they were released during the End Times I believe. )

•Death lords (nothing in the single hero range though. ) the tomb banshee and cairn wraith are pretty good size single death hero's. You'd need custom rules though.

•Fyreslayers

•Sylvaneth

•Ironjawz (the best!)

I think that's it for all new AoS ranges.... unless I'm forgetting one.

Absolute minimal ladies though

Beastclaw Raiders!

EDIT: Flesh Eater Courts and Archaon too. And Seraphon/Lizardmen! And Clan Pestilens!

Archived