Blood & Glory Event - How are people preparing lists?

Terry Pike

I didn't want to clog up the event thread so made sense to start a new one here!

What are people taking to Blood & Glory? What power levels are people aiming at? Are you purposely taking a weaker army to aim for max sports scores?

As a player who rarely ever takes a "weak/sporting/friendly" list to an event I'm expecting to get the lower end of sports scores regardless of what I take. The scoring system is also weighted heavily to smashing your opponent off the table with 30pts for a major victory and only 10 for a minor victory. So with these 2 factors in mind I see 3 options for myself at the event.

• Option 1: Take the strongest/most powerful/filth list I can, accept I will only get 3/7 (minimum) sports in most games and aim to major victory every game and win 30tps (major) and minimum 3tps for sports.
  • Option 2: Take out most of the strength and synergy from my lists and play for minors/majors where possible and aim for sports scores. Make the list more rounded but with obvious weaknesses.
  • Option 3: Take absolute junk and get "End Times" drunk on the Saturday!

A minor victory with full sports is worth 17tps whereas a major with no sports is worth 33tps! I know you should be aiming for 37tps (major and full sports), I just can't see people handing over full sports after being majored.

So how is everyone else going out prep for this event?

A minor victory with full sports is worth 17tps whereas a major with no sports is worth 33tps! I know you should be aiming for 37tps (major and full sports), I just can't see people handing over full sports after being majored.

Especially on Battleplans like Blood & Glory where a major takes either tricking your opponent or basically tabling him.  

Given it's 4vps diff between top & bottom sports, assuming a 5 round event (not checked) then it's max 20TPs difference over the event.  So the equivalent of 1 Major vs Minor.  Or in other words, if you smash all of your opponents you should win the event regardless of sports unless you're unfortunate enough to have 2 people that have both done the same come the end and they're better sports than you.

Archived