Hello from the South Side of Chicago!

pezhammer

Hello all!  

New player from the Chicago, IL, USA area here, a couple buddies and I have really gotten into the hobby and have had some great games so far!  If anybody in the area wants to get a game in hit me up as long as you don't mind beginner mistakes.

24 minutes ago, pezhammer said:

Hello all!  

New player from the Chicago, IL, USA area here, a couple buddies and I have really gotten into the hobby and have had some great games so far!  If anybody in the area wants to get a game in hit me up as long as you don't mind beginner mistakes.

I live in Chicago as well.   Where do you play? I have a small gaming group that meets at my house monthly to play AoS.  We also game at the local GW Store in Orland Park, IL. 

I live in Oak Forest, we've been playing in my garage.  We are really just starting to learn the game, I have a pretty solid destruction army, one of my buddy's has a good death army and the other of our trio is just building out a bit of chaos.  Loving the hobby so far!  As far as age demographics we are all 30+years old and have been having a blast putting away some beers and learning to play.  I can't speak for the others right now but it seems like the more the merrier and some diversity in armies/comfort with the game would be awesome!  How long have you guys been playing?  We picked it up about a month or so ago with no prior wargaming experience but have been going pretty hard with it and have had more than a couple nights (weekends of course) where we've taken our games/painting/modelling to the wee hours of the morning.

I live in Blue Island and most of the guys live on the Southside as well. Orland Park, Tinley Park around there.  We also play at the GW store at Lakeview Plaza in Orland Park.  The demographic is a mixed bag.  Most everyone is in their late 20's to mid 30's.  I'm the exception being that I'm in my late 40's. We been playing since AoS dropped last year.

Sounds like you guys are having a great time.  Glad to hear! We have been enjoying the games as well.  I've personally been in the hobby playing Warhammer Fantasy since the 90's.  The vast majority of the guys also play Warhammer 40k, but I don't hold that against them. Lol!

I would agree with you about the more the merrier.  I currently have the ability to field two game tables, but working toward a third.  Mostly short on terrain more than playing surfaces or space.  We play on Saturday evening/nights in my partially finished basement.  We have a wide selection of armies within the group. I have Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, Flesheater Courts and High Elves armies. In the group there are Stormcast Eternals, Beastmen, Skaven, Chaos Mortals, Seraphon, Fireslayers, Ogres and Ironjaws.

Would love the opportunity to meet you and your buddies and get some gaming on.  Please feel free to drop me a line next time your looking for a game.  Weekends work best for me as well.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived