Stealing a list from Terry Pike

Louzi

Hi,

I watched the video on youtube Terry Pike vs. Robert Sedgeman on The Warlords.

I am looking for a possibility to make a list with Archaon and Varanguard for a while and Terry Pike list inspired me. So he played (as I understand) this:

- 6 Stormfiends

- Sayl

- 3x 10 Plaguebearers

- 2 Warp Lightning Cannons

- GUO

- Kairos

Sooooo... I thought I copy this with a little bit configurations:

- 6 Varanguard (for the 6 Stormfiends)

- Sayl

- 3x 10 Plaguebearers

- 1 Deathshrieker (for the 2 Warp Lightning Cannons)

- Archaon (for GUO and Kairos)

Do you think that can work? Well, I know that I wont make use of Archaon's Generals ability. But Terry Pike  was rly sucessful. 6 Stormfiends might be more powerful than 6 Varanguard. And 1 Deathshrieker isnt as good as 2 Warp Lightning Cannons. But I get Archaon and he is much more powerful than GUO + Kairos?!?

What do you think?

Karios wasnt played for his spells or anything like that.

He was played for sayls spell, as of the Lord of changes ability  (karios as well) to alter the dice of spell casting so the lowest matches the highest and karios' ability to know all the spells of wizards within 18" allowing a much easier casting attempt. 

He was also used to pretty much guarantee the initiative order for a turn. Allowing his stormfiends to pretty much kill anything.

The lightning cannons are for mortal wounds allowing you to kill a target easily.

It's a nice idea but a lot less effective. 

The use of Kairos in my list was for easier and longer range casting. The longer range being that Kairos and Sayl can be further apart allowing the spell to cast from either giving you a nice bubble to cast from.

The main reason for him in the list was the use of his changing the dice roll ability to almost guarantee the double turn once you were committed with the Stormfiends.

The pair of Warp Lightning Cannons were also very key to the effectiveness of the list as while they focused all their efforts on the Stormfiends they cannons could move up and snipe of characters or cause large shock tests on units trying to get at the Stormfiends.

I think if you are going to take Archaon its worth taking the characters that buff him (double pile in, more attacks, easier wound rolls etc).

Also bear in mind my list suffers under the current "Horde" meta and struggles against the Skryre pop up and win list.

Thx for the comments! Well, in that case in need another plan. It is so damn hard to make a list with Archaon and Varanguard...I just dont understand GW. They make such beautiful models that are nearly impossible to play...

I took your comments and created this:

Leaders
Archaon (700)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
Orghotts Daemonspew (260)

Units
Varanguard x 3 (360)
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

Total: 1980/2000

What do you think?

How about:

Leaders
Archaon 
Harbinger of Decay 
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount 
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 

Units
Varanguard x3

Plaguebearers x20
Plaguebearers x 20
Plaguebearers x10

Total: 1980

I think the Jugger Lord is ace for Archaon because it increases the chances of the remove from play ability on the slayer of kings. The change from warriors to plauebearers is just for more bodies and to get some use out of the cloud of flies ability.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived