The Eldritch Council/and friends

Ded dice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Not sure how I missed the last couple of updates here! Looking good, though the base rims are a little harsh imo, had you considered a darker colour?

Thanks for your input Mr Double misfire, hmmm you could well be right, but I was bored doing black rims. What colour would you suggest? I do quite like the starkness of it.

Great mage as per!

I copy the studio and use Steel Legion drab for my base rims, it's a nice neutral brown that matches most boards and isn't bright enough to take the focus away from the mini. If you wanted something a little more striking you could try Rhinox Hide which is a very dark brown, or Eshin Grey. Have a look at other people's bases online and rip off what you like! :P 

IMG_2955.JPGIMG_2956.JPG

so I recently attended Clash of swords in Cardiff, managed to win best fancy dress. Got a voucher to spend at firestorm games, so I got some judicators to flesh out some more battleline units. Horrible to assemble, fun to paint though. And quite good I hear in the game. Can't wait to try them out!

Nice unique scheme, love the use of Tajima tufts too. They're my go-to for taking basing up a notch or two beyond cork and/or sand.

I reckon black base rims would really help the whole look of the model. The basing colours are quite cold, so the stark contrast of the black rim would work really well, imho.

Lastly, the green dragon looks fantastic. It's a nice bold and bright colour which will help it stand out as a centre-piece model.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Dangermouse245- thank you for your kind words, first time I've used tajima tufts and I think they are great! I did want to stay away from black rims, but when the army is complete I could take another look at it. 

Doublemisfire- my list is evolving all the time, I had originally wanted to stay pure, but I'm having way to much fun painting other things, so who knows. Stormcast are such lovely models to paint with big areas and sharp lines, I'm hoping to keep the main bulk of the army Eldritch but who knows. 

IMG_2967.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGFrost Phoenix done and going in the list I think. It's a cool model foremost, and with his witness to destiny he can stand up a bit more to all those mortal wounds floating around. He is supposed to be mounted but my model was already assembled unmounted, so rather than rip it all out, I had him pose on a rock instead.

Awesome army so far. I too am thinking of putting together a high elf army, biggest challenge for me it choosing batteline. I was thinking of making a Phoenix Temple army then I would include either Glade Guard, Dark Seers or Judicators as they all provide that much needed range.

...On the other hand some Fyreslayers would be awesome if I stick to a fire theme. i.e x2 Flame Phoenix, x2 Phoenix Temple and x2 vulkite bezerkers and maybe a leader for them too.

Your post has given me the confidence that regardless of my choices if you pull off a good scheme and make it consistent then adding any non high elves will work. Keep up the good work!

Aelven- you are very kind! I'm glad that you have found inspiration, Phoenix temple army with fyre slayers sounds cool! You will have to let me know if you get started on that. Keeping the army cohesive is a big thing for me. Having some kind of range in the army is important I think too. Being able to reach out and hurt units when sometimes the first turn is forced upon you is handy. Only in matched play obviously.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across your thread, and I really like how they're coming along. 

I have to admit i it I wasn't too convinced with the colour scheme when I first saw the WIP shots, but you've executed the scheme well and now I think it really suits the models. It's great to see something different on high elves other than lots of silver!

i look forward to seeing more of your work. 

Archived