WiP Wednesdays

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Dez said:

Looking good @DeathabillyPete! I've been tournament prep all month...so I'm not going to end up with much time to work on my BoS2 stuff.

Thanks, Dez! Funnily (though not funnily) enough I may have to back out myself as stuff outside painting has gone south so probably won't have time either. :(

Give em hell at the tourney and make em pay for it! ;) Lol

Hey guys,

I made a quick video for my WIP stuff. I've had my head fully into transferring my Skaven to rounds, updating/painting new stuff for Skaven and Ironjawz for back to back tournament. Now it's on to new and fun projects! Just noticed in the thumbnail that one of the 4 Stormvermin I didn't finish is in the front, pretty funny!

Edited by Dez

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Looks good, i love those models. Do you have ideas for basing? I've been thinking about The Battle of the Five Armies recently, I think it would be cool to do some tall grass basing.

Yeah, they're great models, and turned out to be a lot easier to paint than I thought. Just basecoat with black, brown and green, drybrush silver and copper, and I'm done. Am still debating putting them on round bases, but not sure I can be bothered/risk damaging them. Was just thinking fairly basic brown sand with a few specks of grass.

I've got my first blightking, the sonorous toxin, theoretically ready for paint.20161102_130325(0).jpg

20161102_130359.jpg

20161102_130340.jpg

Well, except for that moldline that slipped my attention until I took the pictures. He turned out as imagined, but looks far bulkier than the rest, who are also more WiP.

20161102_130510.jpg

I am really out of my comfort zone on the amount of conversion and greenstuff modelling I am doing. But while flawed, I'm still very happy with them so far.

I hope to finish modelling on them soon, but it will be a long time before they see any paint. For one, I have this idea for heavily weathered bronze on the armor, that I want to test and practise before I paint these. Also I want to focus on my generic and Tzeentch Chaos first.

On that front, I am continuing work on the Gargant that I've had half assembled for a long time now.

20161102_130602.jpg

20161102_130614.jpg20161102_130632.jpg

Another object way out of my comfort zone, as I am sure is evident from the rough appearance of the sculpting. I consider him mostly a practise piece, though at the moment I think that he will at least be presentable once finished. He has got priority currently, as I also want to do my first painting in about half a decade on him.

• Like 1