WiP Wednesdays

Ben

Getting closer to finishing my Pestilens stuff, got about 2.4k nearly done. Trying to finish up a load of stuff today ready for Warlords. Converted some Plague Monks with Flagellant parts as basing decor to walk alongside my Plague Furnaces. Made some objective markers too out of rat swarms. Whole army now has the new vivid moot green color scheme which was achieved by very light glazing over pre-shaded and pre-highlighted areas.

P1030100.jpg

P1030103.jpgP1030102.jpgP1030104.jpgP1030105.jpgP1030106.jpgP1030107.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Be gentle, these are my first attempts in about 20 years. All intended to me tabletop standard by the end of the long long process!

Currently working on layering Scorpion brass on the Liberator. This is after basing warlock Bronze and washing with Agrax Earthshade. I am a little worries that the two colours are too different for a nice transition. Will hopefully do the hilt, shield and shoulders red but not fussed about the other detail. In terms of layering I am a little confused. Am I supposed to paint everything but the recesses such that the bronze is a true base (i.e. not visible at the end of the process, save in the recesses)?

large.IMG_20160928_1747109.jpg

Also working on a Retributor. Currently adding red to the hilt of the weapon and hair. Currently on coat 3 and can see it will need a couple more to cover.

large.IMG_20160928_1747315.jpg

Finally working on the Slaughterpriest for the comp, but realize i've no chance of hitting the deadline now. Put some flesh colour on the body with a bit of wash but going to put a lighter layer over the top. I've also added the first base coat on the areas that will definitely be metal. Thinking of doing dirty rag colour for helm and 'skirt'. Worried that the helm may blend too much with the horns if I do that though. Alternatively, thinking of doing it black and drybrushing grey (not tried drybrushing yet!).

large.IMG_20160928_1747424.jpg

I've been constructing the models before painting and finding that I am having some difficulty with accessing certain areas and that the primer hasn't hit them either e.g. between Retributor's 'back pack' and back. It's only really noticeable if you're looking for it. Do people just put up with this sort of thing (I don't want to paint then construct) or are there sneaky techniques to get a brush where no paint has gone before?

• Like 2