WiP Wednesdays

Ben

37 minutes ago, DamonRafael said:

sit is separate from the legs, but I preferred to glue them together. Maybe that's not the right choice, but when I did it, it looked the smartest idea ever :D

Thanks!

Asking because I plan to add a banner behind his back, want to build it as attached to the seat and paint it up separately. Will be easier that way.

The devil lies in the detail ;)

• Like 1

Cool idea to string the bows!

I know I'm a bit late for WIP Wednesday...but I was too tired to upload the pics at 2AM...especially since I have a 5 year old that likes to wake the sun up :)

Some more work on my Ironjawz, and I've begun some basing for the Megaboss'. The theme behind my Ironjaws is Bruise, Brews and BBQ so I thought it would be fun to have a little party atmosphere. The grots are cooking up whatever Da Boyz fought today, though wee grot is not impressed. Deffgobb wasn't happy with some Aleguzzlers that wouldn't share the fungus brew.

large.IMG_2826.jpglarge.IMG_2827.jpglarge.IMG_2828.jpglarge.IMG_2829.jpglarge.IMG_2830.jpglarge.IMG_2838.jpg

• Like 4

I'm making excellent progress on my Fimir Stonethrower (Grot Rock Lobber):

3JbB7R5l.jpg

I'm particularly happy with how the mushrooms and rotting wood turned out:

pouHSjHl.jpg

ujcztVSl.jpg

Currently working on the base:

SYIpBDfl.jpg

On 6/16/2016 at 3:12 PM, APH said:

I'm also taking a brief tangent into a character for my local FLGS' Silver Tower campaign.  I've just about finalized plans for my Dwarf steam-paladin/automaton (count-as Wight King), so maybe you'll have that to look forward to next week!

On 6/16/2016 at 5:09 PM, Painted by G said:

This sounds amazing! Pics! Soon!

I'm still chewing on this project as well.  It's currently at a standstill waiting on bits for the arms:

UziRVRsl.jpg

kGebrjVl.jpg

• Like 2

The final bits arrived yesterday, and work is progressing very rapidly on my clockwork Duardin automaton (count-as Wight King) for Silver Tower:

Uptswmnl.jpg

G5m3V7Hl.jpg

i4MfENjl.jpg

The question I'm pondering at the moment:  Blood on the axe, or no blood on the axe?

• Like 5

bf0cfdd930bd17dacdb49ee522913af6.jpg

1b2dabb29c55e4d334443f4c90998eb8.jpg

5th model done. I want to blast these out of the way and get to my Ironjawz army I'm going to run for the seasons of war campaign, so I may try my hand at speed painting the rest to see what kind of results I can manage from my first assembly line.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Edit One: This will also be the last unit I apply the blood effects to. I realized after the 5th application that I liked the model less after I applied them, so I believe my "Da Blood Guzzlas" theme will be exclusive to any Bonesplitterz army I do in the future (which I doubt I ever will).

Edit Two: I... couldn't... help myself...

3c74cc04c9de267f18c3b34d1ced3453.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAGH!

• Like 2

13669748_10153776617360732_7930407976353

Just finished this unit.  Had a little bit of an experiment with the box of basing materials I have. Bases turned out okay, but at least I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the army now, some of which can be seen behind, ready to get their base coat sprayed :P

• Like 6

I'm late this week, but I was early last week so that evens out.   I'm currently working on:

ZLQhR14l.jpg

Hunting hounds/count-as Grot Wolf Riders

YNdcrn6l.jpg

Objective markers.

ktwkchMl.png

A familiar take on the old Dogs of War Albion Giant.