WiP Wednesdays

Ben

Still have a few skryre weapon teams to finish until I start the real work on my skryre army:

27786118_10156208835842193_795880120_o.jpg.866256bea6d512727ad277f150308493.jpg

That would be 4 arch warlocks/engineers, 3 basic stormfiends, 3 old rat ogres(well one is boneripper but anyway) that I'm gonna convert into lesser "prototype-stormfiends", and 3 warp lightning cannons, 2 of which are entirely scratch-built. The heroes and the real stormfiends are good to go for basing and priming(not gonna convert the fiends since I love the original models), but the cannons and "lesser-fiends" are just stuck together with blu tack, mostly to test their size compared to real stormfiends. And the cannons ofc require a ton more work, I mostly just built the skeletons out of my bitzbox.

In addition to these, I have a ton of work ahead in the army, since I'm also gonna try and build a jezzail, 4 poisoned wind mortars, 5 night runners, and 5 acolytes out of my random leftover clanrats/bitz. Aaaaand after those I have a doomwheel, some giant rats/packmasters and a scratch-built "skryre-y" screaming bell ahead. AND AND AND if those weren't already enough, I also plan to convert my old keeper of secrets into a "slave-demon" for a counts as verminlord, and a totally scratch built skaven gyrocopter for a counts as doomwheel.

• Like 3

First WIP post for me... I just started with Tzeentch. A start counts as a WIP, right?

While I like strong pink, blue and teal color schemes, I experimented on these pink horrors with  a different direction in mind: The idea is that brimstone, blue and pink are increasingly physically manifested forms with brimstone horrors being more or less energy and pink horrors are actually something that could manifest in flesh. So here is four horrors with a basecoat/wash and then a few layers that are worked on to different states of 'finished'. Obviously there is some more or better blending needed, but I begin to wonder if this 'unfinished' nature could actually be a 'theme' of the horror's transformation and I actually give them different shades like seen in the image: from grey-ish leftmost horror to the flesh-like ones and to the actual pink horrors. I consider to add spots or blends of deeper purples or violets . Same treatment for my first horror hero – the Changeling.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Edited by Okonomiyakimarine
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

First WIP post for me... I just started with Tzeentch. A start counts as a WIP, right?

While I like strong pink, blue and teal color schemes, I experimented on these pink horrors with  a different direction in mind: The idea is that brimstone, blue and pink are increasingly physically manifested forms with brimstone horrors being more or less energy and pink horrors are actually something that could manifest in flesh. So here is four horrors with a basecoat/wash and then a few layers that are worked on to different states of 'finished'. Obviously there is some more or better blending needed, but I begin to wonder if this 'unfinished' nature could actually be a 'theme' of the horror's transformation and I actually give them different shades like seen in the image: from grey-ish leftmost horror to the flesh-like ones and to the actual pink horrors. I consider to add spots or blends of deeper purples or violets . Same treatment for my first horror hero – the Changeling.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Looking freaky! I like the difference in skin colour. I think go full on blend mode on the robes etc but keep the skin as is. Looks really good! 

• Like 2

slow progress, small update. to do: pink layer on all except the horror in the centre, all the details.

image2.jpeg

here's a close up with the three stages of my brute brushwork clearly visible :D least finished to the very right only consists of random grey, brownish yellow and skin tone + blue and red washes.

image3.jpeg

Edited by Okonomiyakimarine
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

slow progress, small update. to do: pink layer on all except the horror in the centre, all the details.

image2.jpeg

here's a close up with the three stages of my brute brushwork clearly visible :D least finished to the very right only consists of random grey, brownish yellow and skin tone + blue and red washes.

image3.jpeg

They look proper freaky. I like the GW bright color scheme. But this is how you imagine daemons. Very inspiring. 

A very early WIP of my Darkoath Chieftain. Going for a very goth-y Slaanesh colour scheme with him. Skin mostly done, needs some cleaning up and smoothing of highlights in some spots though. Cloth, leather, fur and the hair on his head basecoated and washed, the rest is still untouched.

IMG_20180228_183816.jpg.e4e61488a672428c2dc218fd52b46ab7.jpg

• Like 3