WiP Wednesdays

Ben

37 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

It's not much of a wip but these models are fantastic! Under hammerhal something dark is stirring.

IMG_0654.JPG

I know right! Those models are so Good and also very usable in all kinds of conversions. Not to mention all the extra bits. 

4 hours ago, Snoe said:

Nice to hear that it's something else then Nurgle being painted out there! Curiously there are some Hammerhal modelled on my painting table as well!

IMG_20180117_232346288.jpg

I like green in the shields, may I ask you for your recipe? I was planning blue. It seeing yours makes me reconsider...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

I like green in the shields, may I ask you for your recipe? I was planning blue. It seeing yours makes me reconsider...

Yea they turned out quite nice! I used green as spot-color on the Sorcerer Lord so just keept going to tie them together. They are his underlings after all!

It's Caliban Green base, then Kabalite Green and Warpstone Glow as highlight. Thinking of dotting in some Moot Green at the extremes when I pick up the brushes tonight when the kids are asleep. 

• Thanks 1

Since there are a few Hammerhal projects going in here, may I ask what you are doing for bases on them? I haven't come up with anything I like so for now the adversaries just get my standard chaos bases, ash waste with brown tufts of grass.

2 hours ago, Snoe said:

Since there are a few Hammerhal projects going in here, may I ask what you are doing for bases on them? I haven't come up with anything I like so for now the adversaries just get my standard chaos bases, ash waste with brown tufts of grass.

Not thought to far, I may do my standard agrellan earth - not exciting but they match my full army. Certainly the adversaries.

I may cut up sprues to make cobblestones for the heroes and I have also seen nice examples of see through bases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Lovely seeing all the projects going on in here. I know it isn't Wednesday, but here's a WIP of my GUO

Currently done the Face and the Guts

8yeMCP3.jpg

ah4SzWp.jpg

Waiting on some Ogryn Camo to carry on 

Nice magnetisation! 

I really need to start doing that!

@Charles Cheers! it was really worth the effort, even if it is a little wonky! I didn't bother with Rotigus stuff, i'd want to paint him differently too.

@Soulsmith Cheers, I did the same to my Dark Imperium sorcerer, and have attempted it a few times since but it doesn't always work.

I basically paint Rakarth then Flayed one flesh, then shade all over with Reikland. Then starting at the top I paint bands of Druchii Violet, Carroburg Crimson, Reikland Flesh Shade, Seraphim Sepia and Athonian Camo Shade, trying to mix a little at each line, then I go back over the top 2 with thinned carroburg, the middle two with thinned Reikland, and the bottom two with thinned Athonian. I glazed the green with waywacher this time, then painted highlights of Kislev Flesh and Pallid Wych Flesh, before covering it in 'ardocat!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost done with my Iron Clad.  Need to base (and finish the mountain underneath :D).  So far this is the least 'matching' army I've ever built.  Literally every model is just a "lets go for this this time!".  It's pretty funny looking on the field.  

They don't call them 'clowns' for nothing!

IMG_20180205_233628.jpg

Edited by Vextol
  • Like 9