WiP Wednesdays

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of minis in progress this Wednesday.  Finished Stormfiend I bought as a used figure at GenCon for 15 bucks and repainted him.  Need to redo the loincloth, as I went too heavy handed on the Strong Tone wash (new to using it on entire minis, and also rushed, trying to not have it dry spotty over such large areas), and it turned the Khorne Red into more of a Khorne Brown, so I need to repaint it and wash more carefully.  The original paintjob was just lots of raw black primer and simple Cadian Fleshtone skin, and bright blue armor, so I painted it to match my new Skaven skirmish force, which is dark, gritty bare metals.

901642_sm-.JPG

Also, a pair of Stormcast Liberators and my counts-as Paladin Protector, they just need the weapon hafts painted, and then Dark Tone on the armor plates, Strong tone on the Retributor Gold/weapon hafts/parchment/skin, and Biel-Tan green on the cloth/shoulder livery. 

901640_sm-.JPG

901641_sm-.JPG

Edited by Aegisgrimm
  • Like 5

A quartet of Grot Scuttlings (who will be filling in for Moonclan Grot Netter Duty when not harassing heroes in the silver tower)

Along with the "before and after" picture of my Ogroid Thaumaturge in his ascent (descent?) to Spawndom during the Path to Glory campaign. (Had to build him after an "emergency spawndom" roll of double 1s on the champion reward table ..." next stop priming and painting ...)

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Ufff it looks like Wednesday got buried.

Shadespire Warbands are what’s taking my time :)

281D230B-9870-4A3A-BC25-36E9474CA669.jpeg.7ce4b75663744b278054a7f8bc0a1e3d.jpeg

6910AB5F-11B9-45B5-89AD-350781F84EA4.jpeg.db909aecf2de51bea31cee6c22969293.jpeg

Looking good! 

haha and it's funny I always have the urge to contribute to this thread but I never ever painted on Wednesday (or never had that urge on Wednesday)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished basing and priming my gaunt summoner and familiars today, started laying down some base coats tonight. A lot of work still to be done, but I plan to have them done a week from now, which is kind of ambitious given my usual painting speed. Let's see how that goes...

IMG_20171116_035808.jpg.64a4e3dfd176a9aef59e873d2bbf4a85.jpg

• Like 2

Working on my lord of slaanesh and after three day of waiting, filing and glueing my serpent is finished! Loved this model as a kid, and putting it together hasn’t changed it one bit. Love that it’s metal because you can feel the importance of the model in the weight  

serpent is wainting for the base coat, painting has started on the lord. He will of course end up gold but iron looks dope as well... 

4B7645EC-C1F0-44D4-A9C7-908C12800D1B.jpeg.d7ee351c2f748778fe0b375f7905ee2a.jpeg

• Like 3