WiP Wednesdays

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Its still wednesday right?! On my table:
image.jpg.bc73ab309617e716d6122ee1038a4846.jpg
Love combining different elements of my army in the chariot but having a tough time with the large surfaces of the cannon. Wll can't win them all.

I love models like this. It's like restoring a hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Will Myers said:

I love models like this. It's like restoring a hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have so much of those little units and machines lying around it I buy them cheap on a local 'eBay'. I love combining the with newer designs. 

I think my favorite from recent times was the old doomwheel. You? 

• 4 weeks later...
Working on my Great Unclean One (even while it's not Wednesday [emoji6])

The Great Unclean one is actually the Nurgling on top. The beast underneath is just a mutated toe nail [emoji6]

KAv4rl9URxQuVuCNuvJWbZ2b_Mk-rQtYbXUKBI8AqYI.jpg?w=576&s=df53e9033d108c447c4852d084d70572

It looks like a combination of the Glottkin and a Maggoth Lord?

If you have any other build pictures that would be interesting to see the process.

When you're building your custom stuff, is it a "plan as you go" mental visualization?

Nice work. Almost makes me want to completely steal the idea and make a kitbash of one as a GUO. (It's much nicer than the current available finecast kit.)

(How did the Beasts of Nurgle turn out btw?)

@Double Misfire @TheOtherJosh Thanks! Glad you guys like it.

It is indeed made with bits from the Glottkin and Maggoth Lord. I thought the glottkin and  maggoth lord parts had the potential to make a blobby, monstrous Great Unclean One so I ordered the bits. As I had to wait quite some time for the bits to arrive I started photoshopping my GUO together (something I never do actually). When the bits finally arrived I just created it in one go without that much thinking and planning. Apart from the mentioned bits, there are pieces of plaguebearer bellies, a Blightking torso and some green stuff.

I wanted the "flow" of the model to  start bottom-left and going upwards to the top-right. Thats why the top-right is quite busy with all the horns and the positioning of its arm. The asymmetric horns also fits the Nurgle theme I think.

myGUO.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...