Looking for pro players! (Fyreslayers)

Louzi

On 10/17/2016 at 6:24 AM, Andreas said:

I like the last list. I would split one unit of vulkites and switch the Runemaster and one grimwrath for a runesmiter on magmadroth. I just think he is to usefull for his points to leave out.. and I like the model. :)

Here is a picture of my tournament force:

IMG_20161008_122348.jpg

Andreas, as a flameling, could you tell me what this list looks like on paper? I like to build an army based on a list even if I don't use it, but it gives me a starting point. I'm between whatever you have here and Malakithe's list earlier on the last page with just footslogging fyreslayers.

Coming from Ironjawz I just don't know how to build a Fyreslayers list

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Andreas, as a flameling, could you tell me what this list looks like on paper? I like to build an army based on a list even if I don't use it, but it gives me a starting point. I'm between whatever you have here and Malakithe's list earlier on the last page with just footslogging fyreslayers.

Coming from Ironjawz I just don't know how to build a Fyreslayers list

Link to my Fyreslayer list

Hi guys,

this is my weekly update:

- For me our Battalions arent worth the points. I wont take them. Forge Brethren would be cool, if those 6s count for the shooting phase. But it doesnt and I wont take it for +1 save.

- Magmadroth are cool, but not good. Best is with the Runesmiter, but in matched play, I wont use them anymore.

The final best (pure) fyreslayer list for me is this:

Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (100)
Grimwrath Berzerker (100)

Auric Runesmiter (100)
Auric Runesmiter (100)
Vulkite Berzerkers x 30 (480)
Auric Hearthguard x 20 (400)

In my opinion, there are one unit out there, which solves many problems of the fyreslayers: Celestant Prime.

This guy is so so useful. We are slow, yes. But thats no problem, if you make your opponent come to you. If you play the Celestant Prime, your opponent have to come, because he cant afford to let the Prime getting big. And: He is such a hard hitter, that he rly can knock out EVERY unit in the game. And: He fits so well. The fyreslayers are best in sitting at objectives and protect them and thats what you need, if you play the Celestant Prime, because you want him getting big. So if the Prime comes in turn 3 or 4 you wont have that many casualties. And: your opponent will have a very difficult game, because he have to think about all the threads off the board (Celestant Prime, 25 Vulkites, 10 Auric Hearthguard).

This is what I will try out next weekend (not very happy about the Judicators):

Leaders
Battlesmith (100)
- None
- None
Auric Runesmiter (100)
- Latch axe
Auric Runesmiter (100)
- Latch axe
Celestant-Prime (360)

Units
Auric Hearthguard x 10 (200)
- Magmapike
- War Pick & Slingshield
Vulkite Berzerkers x 25 (400)
- Handaxes
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Total: 2000/2000

I like your final list, looks strong. I would rate a Runesmiter on Magmadroth > 2 grimwraths... but it depends.

Not sure about the celestant prime. I agree with your analysis, it would make Fyreslayers better if we have something that forces the opponent to come to us. But I would prefer some long range shooting, maybe some cannons or something. What the celestant prime do we can already do to some extent. But with that said try it and report back. ☺

I agree, that some cannons would be cool for the fluff.

But you dont have anything like the prime. The best thing about him isnt just the teleport, but that he becomes stonger and stronger as more time passes. And your opponent cant kill him. If your opponent dont want to be up against a damn fast +3 +2 -3 rend 3 dmg with 8 or 10 attacks (which dominates everything on the table) he has to win as fast as possible or force you to bring the Celestant Prime early.

I will report.

By the way: 5 games this weekend with the posted fyreslayers list and 4 major, 1 minor. Best results so far with any army I play (Khorne, Sylvaneth, Stormcast). I guess I have to correct me: Fyreslayers are not that weak :)

All those Skyre lists (aka I win in turn 1 or 2) rly hate me.

It all depends on the competitive nature of your meta.  The lists I tend to face can chew through a lot of the lists mentioned here already.  20 unit strong skull reapers does 5 attacks each.  causes mortal wounds as well as normal wounds and will mince a unit in a turn with ease unless buffed accordingly. 

The list I have been running has had some success but need to tweak it a bit more to get more mortal wounds in where possible. 

Grim wrath berserker.  -  Brilliant when he works,  give him the artefact to increase his rend and he is a beat stick.   Killed a blood secrator and a greater demon prince in a round of combat :)

Battle smith - reroll the saves.  often hide him behind the magmadroth to avoid being shot at. 

runesmitor on magmadroth -  have him sit behind the shield wall, breathing fyre on everything to do mortal wounds.  make the shield wall immune to battleshock.  it also  plugs the gap in the line if I need him to.  Also he is taken in the forge brethren slot,  12 wounds to chew through means I can buff units for longer.   also can use him to make a break for objectives if needed

runesmiter -  goes with a unit of ten vulkites for tunnelling

30 Vulkites with picks and shields  - the shield wall!!  great against armies that can't fly or jump over the line. (those that can, I simply put the hearth guard closer to the wall to leave no gap for them to jump into.)  The wall can go the entire length of the board.  they take as much ground as they can.  buff for a 2+ save and wait for the hit.  except for skull reapers who wiped them out in 3 turns.  I  never loose more than 5-8 of these guys.  They basically tarpit units for the length of the game.     

10 vulkites with double axe - tend to use these guys on a flank  run them passed the wall then close the door. or realm gate them through if one is available.  otherwise they sit behind the wall and fill gaps if needed or address anything that comes in behind the wall.

10 vulkites with pick and shield - tunnel up and charge!!   

5 hearth guard - sit behind the wall, buff the units that it needs to and then just shoots all day long.  

5 hearth guard - same as above

5 hearth guard - same as above

organ gun - because you can never have enough shots :)  thee guys sit in the middle of the table in my deployment zone and chug out 2d6 or 3d6 shots.  I have tried with an engineer so I can reroll the barrels but found it doesn't really make much difference.  32 inch threat range.  -1 rend 3's to hit & 3's to wound.  lovely.

organ gun  same as above. 

I am tempted to drop the organ guns and take judicators,  that way I can drop some vulkites for hearth guard berzerkers with pole axes,  for more mortal wounds. 

Overall I tend to find now, its more my bad general ship that costs me games than the so called 'fyreslayers are rubbish' mantra you seem to hear. 

I would say though that the vulkites are not that great.  there low wound count and fragile nature means they tend to fold quite quickly.

2 hours ago, Louzi said:

I agree, that some cannons would be cool for the fluff.

But you dont have anything like the prime. The best thing about him isnt just the teleport, but that he becomes stonger and stronger as more time passes. And your opponent cant kill him. If your opponent dont want to be up against a damn fast +3 +2 -3 rend 3 dmg with 8 or 10 attacks (which dominates everything on the table) he has to win as fast as possible or force you to bring the Celestant Prime early.

I will report.

By the way: 5 games this weekend with the posted fyreslayers list and 4 major, 1 minor. Best results so far with any army I play (Khorne, Sylvaneth, Stormcast). I guess I have to correct me: Fyreslayers are not that weak :)

All those Skyre lists (aka I win in turn 1 or 2) rly hate me.

Which posted list?

33 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Which posted list?

Now you are a bit laze, the post above. ?

Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (100)

Auric Runesmiter (100)
Auric Runesmiter (100)

And the minor (vs Stormcast, rly good player) only, because I had very very bad luck in Gifts from the Heavens (maybe tactical mistakes, too).

2 games vs Skyre = easy, ****** off your mortal wound spam, I dont care!

vs Khorne = always close, but I always win. They are almost as slow as we are, but I can tunnel and easily kill those nasty Bloodsecrators. I think a full buffed Khorne army would win. But hey, if Khorne manages to attack you full buffed, you have done sth wrong. @ Dougi: I never have seen a list with 20 Skull Reapers. I Think that is rly tough. But on the other hand, the Khorne player have to spend many points. You can remember his army list? It would be rly fun to play against :)

vs Fleasheater = I dont know...the ghoul king and zombie dragon scary, yes. But overall the weakiest list I played agaianst this weekend.

For me the hardest lists are:

Sylvaneth

Death (but more elite with Mourngul, Blood Knights ans sth like that)

Stormcast (Decimators hurt so so much, especially with units of 10 and the teleporting Battalion, I hate Stardrakes, too)

3 hours ago, Andreas said:

Now you are a bit laze, the post above. ?

Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (100)

Auric Runesmiter (100)
Auric Runesmiter (100)

Hehe,  my successful list exactly just switching runemaster for dad on foot,  which I'm switching next time to yours ;). Or just 3rd Grimwrath or smiter

1 hour ago, Veterannoob said:

Hehe,  my successful list exactly just switching runemaster for dad on foot,  which I'm switching next time to yours ;). Or just 3rd Grimwrath or smiter

Not my list, it's Louzi's. But I think it is very close to a "net-list" for pure Fyreslayers, (if that is a thing in AOS). There are a few things I would change in my "net-list" but they are more a matter of taste.

But for me this is more a "intellectual" exercise. What I like to put on the table is something that I think look cool (like double magmadroth) or is different or unexpected.... and still win (at least sometimes). ☺

But I love discussing lists. ☺

I read your list. I like it. It feels strong but also a bit different with the HB deathstar which I can see in front of me looking really cool on the table.

I'm not interested in super competitive, otherwise I'd be taking a GA :)  But playing with different combos is fun. it just depends on the scenarios or event pack. We make a great horde army. Dropping the magmabomb is great at times, though I do love to have at least one on the table for fluff. Tunneling 50-60 warriors into my opponent's face is always worrisome, so they say during and after game.

On 10/24/2016 at 7:02 PM, Malakithe said:

Can't wait for fyreslayers allegiance abilities. Orders is so bland that really anything new will work. Maybe movement? Maybe a army wide ward save since only 3 units have one? 

All I want for Xmas is more Fyreslayers options and allegiances...and, ok, a few more unit options, or be able to buy the runesmiter solo clam pack:)

Hey guys,

I played a game yesterday. Originally I wanted to make a game with my SE Skyborne Slayers. Just for fun I mixed up my favourite Fyreslayers. And man...it was so strong.

I guess this is the stongest list I played so far:

The Skyborne Slayers (140)

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
Units
Judicators x 5 (160)
Judicators x 5 (160)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)
Paladin Decimators x 5 (200)
Gryph-Hound x 1 (40)

Leaders
Battlesmith (100)
Units

Set up the Fyreslayers with the Gryph Hound (so freakin strong with fyreslayers!) and drop the Skyborne Slayers, if you find a good opportunity. I rly love this list.

It's ambiguous. Based on the answer to the equivalent question on the Gnarlroot formation, it would be 3 times +1 save. It's a garbage formation otherwise. Your opponent should retreat from any unit that you triple buff with it.

10 hours ago, Louzi said:

Hey guys,

I played a game yesterday. Originally I wanted to make a game with my SE Skyborne Slayers. Just for fun I mixed up my favourite Fyreslayers. And man...it was so strong.

I guess this is the stongest list I played so far:

The Skyborne Slayers (140)

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
Units
Judicators x 5 (160)
Judicators x 5 (160)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)
Paladin Decimators x 5 (200)
Gryph-Hound x 1 (40)

Leaders
Battlesmith (100)
Units

Set up the Fyreslayers with the Gryph Hound (so freakin strong with fyreslayers!) and drop the Skyborne Slayers, if you find a good opportunity. I rly love this list.

Glad to hear. I've used the excelsior priest to heal my heroes for magma or Grimwrath purposes and the hound to good effect. Vs. Skaven BS I'm preparing an army of all smiters and hordes 4+ ward tunnel to match their nonsense (see how they like it! :) ) and several gryph hounds w/auric hearthguard. Glad to hear you were pleased with them. 

Archived