Looking for pro players! (Fyreslayers)

Louzi

1 hour ago, Louzi said:

Ok, so I took all your feedback and opinions and have made a list.

I took 2 battalions to get 3 relics, which makes the weak heroes a little bit better.

1) Lords of the Lodge

Battlesmith

Runemaster (General)

Runefather on foot

20 HB

2) Forge Brethren

Runesmiter on Magmadroth

3x5 Auric Hearthguard (battleline)

3) Others

Runesmiter on foot

30 Vulkite Berserkers

total: 2020 points.

Tactics:

I hold Runesmiter on foot and 30 Vulkite Berserkers back. They catch up enemy obejctives later in the game.

Lords of the Lodge and (behind) Forge Brethren running. Hopefully that doesnt last too long. I take Reckless as command trait and hope to boost the run move. Also hoping the 20 HB are tough enough (+4 save, reroll save, +4 ward save, double pile in, reroll failed wound rolls).

So, thats the best I can get out of the Fyreslayers. I hope it works and can beat other competetive lists. I would like to add another Battlesmith or a few Grimwarth Berserkers, but havnt enough points and the other units are more important (I guess).

Thank you all for your comments and shared thoughts. This thread wasnt for nothing ;)

I like it. Report back how it worked. It is a shame that it is 20pt over, (not that it usually matter in a non-tournament setting). 

If I would go for this type of list, I would switch Lords of the Lodge plus the the Runemaster to another unit of 10 HB (and stay within 2000pt). But that is mainly because it is always good with more bodies (and more units) and here locally messing with the priority roll is frown upon.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

just wanna tell you, that this list is doing suprisingly well. I did 5 games so far with 3 major victory, 1 minor victory and 1 loss. The loss is again vs. Death. I just dont find a way to handle this Mournghoul and Bloodknights.

Other than this: This list is EXTREMELY well against Skyre. I played vs a guy with 8 stormfiends and a nasty battalion. Alpha strike an a lot of mortal wounds, but I was able to handle it. He said, it was the first time after 4 weeks that he lose :)

2 hours ago, Louzi said:

Hi guys,

just wanna tell you, that this list is doing suprisingly well. I did 5 games so far with 3 major victory, 1 minor victory and 1 loss. The loss is again vs. Death. I just dont find a way to handle this Mournghoul and Bloodknights.

Other than this: This list is EXTREMELY well against Skyre. I played vs a guy with 8 stormfiends and a nasty battalion. Alpha strike an a lot of mortal wounds, but I was able to handle it. He said, it was the first time after 4 weeks that he lose :)

Great! ? What battleplans did you play?

Edit: This weekend I am playing a five game (40+ people) tourney with a list that is very different from yours (link in page 1) but I think can be equally good if played correcly. I'll report back to you my theory is correct or if it falls apart. ? If I would get 3 major, 1 minor and 1 loss I would be very happy. You have set the bar high with that list. ?

4 hours ago, Louzi said:

Hi guys,

What was your list? Too lazy to look back lol

I would think 2 combat units wouldn't be enough but your doing good with that?

I think it's hard to fit more than two good combat units with buffs. If you go for three you don't have enough points for utility units and buffs.

I like to run three "threats" rather than combat units, normally:

25 - 30 Vulkite Berserkers

15 - 20 Hearthguard Bersekers

Runesmiter on Magmadroth & 3x5 Auric Hearthguard.

Back from the tournament. There where 36 people in the end and quite competitative lists, no kuning ruk or skryre mortal wound spam etc, but strong lists.  I ended up in 12th place with 2 majors, 2 draws (draws were killpoints within 300pt difference in this tournament otherwise i think is was 2 minor wins) and one loss. I hadnt played any practice games with my list before the tournament but it felt strong and I think it can be even more competitive with some practice. Blood and glory felt like the only scenario where I think it is extremly hard to get a major win and three places of power felt like the best scenario for the list (depending of course what you are up against).

This was the list

Runson on magmadroth

Runesmiter on magmadroth

Battlesmith

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

20 Vulkites with 2 axes

15 Vulkites with shield

15 Vulkites with shield

20 Auric Hearthguards

Back from the tournament. There where 36 people in the end and quite competitative lists, no kuning ruk or skryre mortal wound spam etc, but strong lists.  I ended up in 12th place with 2 majors, 2 draws (draws were killpoints within 300pt difference in this tournament otherwise i think is was 2 minor wins) and one loss. I hadnt played any practice games with my list before the tournament but it felt strong and I think it can be even more competitive with some practice. Blood and glory felt like the only scenario where I think it is extremly hard to get a major win and three places of power felt like the best scenario for the list (depending of course what you are up against).
This was the list
Runson on magmadroth
Runesmiter on magmadroth
Battlesmith
Runesmiter
Runesmiter
20 Vulkites with 2 axes
15 Vulkites with shield
15 Vulkites with shield
20 Auric Hearthguards

Interesting as it doesn't seem like it would be that strong. How did you generally play the list? What did you tunnel? Did you have enough damage output?

The game I lost I tunnel up and one shot a thundertusk but got double turned where he first managed to kill the 20 vulkites screen then the auric hearthguard. In retrospect I should have taken a few wounds of the thundertusk and deleted the Ironguts :) but hadnt played them before and had read about the thundertusks 6 mortal wounds that could pick off for example my battlesmith etc..

The easiest game, the three places of power. I got first turn against some frost phoenix, hurricanum, gunline. I put the magmadroths on the objectives, and poped up and put one runesmiter on the last one then I put 2 layers of 20 fyreslayers in the way to get the objectives. Then I shoot the phoenix who survived with 3 wounds and just because it was a gunline I charged with my vulkites (3D6 reroll one take 2). After turn 2 he couldnt really win.

1 hour ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Sounds good. Seems to confirm my theory that more Vulkites are the way to go. You've given me some stuff to think about.

How was the survivability of the Auric Hearthguard? Did they not get killed easily?

Also what Abilities and artefacts did you use?

I think they only died in one game but I was probably very lucky (or did good placement). They die easily if they get attacked. I did put inspiring precence on them most of the time. 

We were rolling abilities at this tournament which benefited me since I didnt need them for any combo.

41 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I'm curious how they performed as well. Did you mostly just tunnel and shoot? They wouldn't get the hit buff but at the same time it's 40 shots.

I used the runesmiter on magmadroths once per game abilitiy to reroll wounds when they popped up. Most of the time they did have +1 to hit (enemy close to a hero) and reroll to wound and averaged something like 24 rend -1 wounds every turn. 

Hi,

nice to hear other fyreslayer reports!

To my lists: I will abandon my list...

I had very many games this weekens vs good and experienced tournament players and they kicked my ass. 5 games, 3 losses, 1 minor, 1 win.

My conlusion:

I need more damage, much more damage. Lords of the Lodge isnt worth the points and the Runefather on foot useless. On the other hand Forge Brethren performed very well. Therefore I want to get even more Auric Hearthguard and make them battline with the Runemaster. I love the Runesmiter on Magmadroth, too. On the paper he doesnt look that good, but his buff is rly great. And: I rly need at least 1 Grimwrath Berserker, better 2. So my current list for the next weekend will be:

Forge Brethren

3x10 Auric Hearthguard

Runesmiter on Magmadroth

Runemaster (for battleline issues and not too shabby vs sylvaneth)

30 Vulkite Berserkers

10 Hearthguard Berserkers (instead maybe 2x20 Vulkite Berserkers, not sure yet)

Runesmiter on foot

Battlesmith

Grimwrath Berserker

= 1960 points

I have a really good fealing with this list Vulkites coming with Axes along the Runesmiter on the Battlefield. I am not sure about the HB. They look good on paper, but didnt perform that well for me. I guess 20 Vulkites with shield could be better, especially because of the forge brethren they have a save of 3+ which u can reroll (battlesmith).

Archived