The post first tournament dissection..

Foz

So I am back from my first foray into the tournament scene at the facehammer gt and I've spent all day at work thinking about age of sigmar and when I'm going to get my next game.. a positive outcome regardless of my personal performance I think!!

It was great to meet a lot of you over the weekend and I was wondering if you could give me any advice/feedback on the lists I took this weekend.

List one:

Lord of Chaos ( General) 100

The Masque of Slaanesh 100

Lord Skreech Verminking 340

Verminlord Deceiver 320

Warlock Engineer 100

Chaos Warriors (10, sword and shield) 180

Chaos Marauders (20) 120

Ratling Gun Weapon Team (1) 80

Warplock Jezzails (3) 140

TOTAL = 1880 + 120 summoning pool

List two:

Lord of Chaos ( General) 100

The Masque of Slaanesh 100

Thanquol and Boneripper 500

Verminlord Deceiver 320

Warlock Engineer 100

Chaos Marauders (20) 120

Warp Lightning Cannon 180

TOTAL = 2000

Both lists are quite similar but the idea of list one was to use it for missions with x models on an objective, using the summoning to either work as a straight model swap using the dreaded thirteenth spell or bring in some plaguebearers against armies where the models on objectives were 2 wound etc. The idea behind the second list was to up the mobility and immediate threat potential with two options on the skitterleap (ofcourse like all good plans this didnt last long and I spent day one getting excited and trying to blow something up turn one.. which without fail ended up in  thanquol/deceiver being the thing that got blown up!) The rest of the core in both lists was designed to use the mark of slaanesh to allow possible run and charge on a warrior unit or double inspring presence to hold my opponent up while I hopefully rolled well with the ratling guns.

So a big lesson for me in terms of getting out from the bubble that I feel can be a small playing group and patience.. I must be more patient! I had a really good time though and would be interested in your thoughts on the lists and what tweaks I should make. I enjoy the general feel of it and the risk/reward of the ratling guns so would want to keep it along the same lines as is... but dont hold back and, like on the table top this weekend, let me have it!

Archived