How many spells from, e.g., the Lore of Hysh does, e.g., a Vanari or Scinari wizard know?

Carpjay

Question

I cannot find a specific answer to the question of how many spells from a Lore a wizard knows (this is strictly for a wizards in its own army, not an Allied army). For example, the Lumineth rules list Teclis, Vanari wizards, and Scinari wizards as knowing the Lore of Hysh spells (in addition to their special warscroll spells and the two basics that all wizards know). Does this mean that they know all six spells in Lore of Hysh, or does each wizard pick some number of spells from this lore? If so, what is that number, and how do I know which wizards get how many spells? By default, I read it as wizards knowing all the spells of the lore that labels them, but in discussions where I'm seeking this answer, I see hints that each picks one or some number of spells rather than knowing them all--but these answers (many outside this forum) are poorly crafted and unsourced, so they just leave me wondering.

I played WH two decades ago, and a lot has changed--I'm just getting back into it and trying to learn the rules. I get the casting and phase rules but need to know which spells the different wizards "know." If there is a rules section that I've missed, please point me to it. Also, I am new to this forum--maybe the answer is already here, but the posts my searches are finding are not answering this specific question. 

Your answer will be much appreciated--thanks for taking the time!

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Carpjay said:

I cannot find a specific answer to the question of how many spells from a Lore a wizard knows (this is strictly for a wizards in its own army, not an Allied army). For example, the Lumineth rules list Teclis, Vanari wizards, and Scinari wizards as knowing the Lore of Hysh spells (in addition to their special warscroll spells and the two basics that all wizards know). Does this mean that they know all six spells in Lore of Hysh, or does each wizard pick some number of spells from this lore? If so, what is that number, and how do I know which wizards get how many spells? By default, I read it as wizards knowing all the spells of the lore that labels them, but in discussions where I'm seeking this answer, I see hints that each picks one or some number of spells rather than knowing them all--but these answers (many outside this forum) are poorly crafted and unsourced, so they just leave me wondering.

I played WH two decades ago, and a lot has changed--I'm just getting back into it and trying to learn the rules. I get the casting and phase rules but need to know which spells the different wizards "know." If there is a rules section that I've missed, please point me to it. Also, I am new to this forum--maybe the answer is already here, but the posts my searches are finding are not answering this specific question. 

Your answer will be much appreciated--thanks for taking the time!

Unless otherwise specified (such in the case of Loremasters) each wizard (non-allied) in your army gets to pick one spell from the relevant spell lore (Core Rules, 27.0 and 27.3.4)

• Like 1