well im not a tourney guy, since i like to have fun playing, and having to play fast and several games in 2 days isnt fun for me.

i play several times per week with local guys and alone in tts. but people here arent very good so i can play average lists and still easy win most of games, so i would never play kroak list here, since the game would be way onesided.

on saurus note, they can also be compared to chaos ones, and they are better in everything too, better save. ward against mortal, exactly double our dmg( chossing being korne) and same cost... and even then std isnt spaming them since they arent too good, and even got a point decrease. and saurus is our only "okish" unit after kroak...

i wasnt going to reply, only did because a quote message popped. i allready gave my reasons explaining why the book is really bad, besides kroak. same i did on my other army release, now ill sit and sadly see how everything will go exactly like i said on next year, but at least im good enough guy to dont reply on those posts 1 year later saying "i told you"to the guys who tried to have fun of me,or keep saying i didnt know anything on game or maths( despite having a math career) etc(idoneth posts i meant)

on move again, yes high move will get you some early points, but on second turn rival wil get there, delete your units, get points back and autowin game since you wont kill them( only a extreme case example, where you have extreme movility but no dmg or takiness). like someone pointed there is a reason why lumineth foxes has 0 play rate despite moving 5000", once they nerfed his op mechanic, only move dont worth anything without dmg to back it up.

Edited by Kitsumy

On 5/22/2023 at 5:00 PM, Kitsumy said:

well im not a tourney guy, since i like to have fun playing, and having to play fast and several games in 2 days isnt fun for me.

i play several times per week with local guys and alone in tts. but people here arent very good so i can play average lists and still easy win most of games, so i would never play kroak list here, since the game would be way onesided.

on saurus note, they can also be compared to chaos ones, and they are better in everything too, better save. ward against mortal, exactly double our dmg( chossing being korne) and same cost... and even then std isnt spaming them since they arent too good, and even got a point decrease. and saurus is our only "okish" unit after kroak...

i wasnt going to reply, only did because a quote message popped. i allready gave my reasons explaining why the book is really bad, besides kroak. same i did on my other army release, now ill sit and sadly see how everything will go exactly like i said on next year, but at least im good enough guy to dont reply on those posts 1 year later saying "i told you"to the guys who tried to have fun of me,or keep saying i didnt know anything on game or maths( despite having a math career) etc(idoneth posts i meant)

on move again, yes high move will get you some early points, but on second turn rival wil get there, delete your units, get points back and autowin game since you wont kill them( only a extreme case example, where you have extreme movility but no dmg or takiness). like someone pointed there is a reason why lumineth foxes has 0 play rate despite moving 5000", once they nerfed his op mechanic, only move dont worth anything without dmg to back it up.

Thanks for your incredible insight. I know they have saved me a bunch of cash buying this army.

noticed the sarcasm but thx !! it is a seraphon book thread.... what would u prefer, an accurate analisis with reasons and numbers why book is bad, or false happy go comments claimming how great and op is new book, with everything so much better now!!

only said why they are bad, but it isnt stopping me to buy them, since cool minis is more important than bad rules. only thing is really stoping me are prices like 45€ for a litle skink on chair..... same price as big miniatures like volga, lauka vay, my akhelian king, or heck even almost same price as estegadon!!! 

btw i wont bother on reply more pls dont quote me more. to remind me of this post exist :D

On 5/8/2023 at 12:16 PM, Arzalyn said:

Totally agree that we should differentiate between the two while we discuss things, they change a lot how the army play/which units they favor.

On the Thunder Lizards part, I expect it to become the faction for lists that don't want to spam warriors/agradons while still playing coalesced. AoS Coach had a nice video talking about coalesced where they show a list like this (will link it bellow). I imagine those kinds of lists would favor using bastiladons, troglodons and carnosaurs, not spamming them, but mixing them with saurus to diversify what they can do. I still think this is probably our lowest hanging fruit, sub-faction wise, do to stegadons being overcosted, but I think it should perform well enough for a 3-2.

The example Koatl's Claw list is baffling, and if it works it actually is an indictment of the book (which I really want to be good btw). 15 Lancers- none of which benefit from the bite bonus- as the main body? Why bother taking a Koatl's Claw list if most of it won't benefit from either the bite or the charge bonus because as he says the point is to get the 9 strong unit into a grind?

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Some Seraphon pics for anyone wanting to know how they look and how big they are.

apparently one can build two Skinks out of the new Starseer Model.

The size comparisons make everything looks even cooler!

Those pictures are yours? I really curious on how easy you can mix and match the arms for the starseer bodies 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

The size comparisons make everything looks even cooler!

Those pictures are yours? I really curious on how easy you can mix and match the arms for the starseer bodies 

Sadly those images are not mine. But I‘ll ask the person :)

The arms should ne swappable with a little work (they have little triangles to slot into their respective torsos)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Some Seraphon pics for anyone wanting to know how they look and how big they are.

apparently one can build two Skinks out of the new Starseer Model.

884302E2-FF77-46C7-B937-CBDFA10D7995.jpeg

82173589-BF44-42FA-8540-4AB5F882EC61.jpeg

1DE9C43F-806D-483D-A8E0-F95DA8629DA7.jpeg

D5F41EA1-A760-492B-893D-2A5B07370E86.jpeg

63DCA244-82F3-47DD-B5DB-54689E47D989.jpeg

B022211C-0C3E-49A6-A28A-32BBAFCD26F1.jpeg

8A4EFA84-17C7-4791-8107-3B9F976E8D9C.jpeg

F91F0CA4-C50A-43BC-B251-ADBEC3990AAB.jpeg

3922BDC3-778B-440D-B644-94416B121877.jpeg

1AB1BE02-F26D-433E-800F-7D746A71D0EB.jpeg

DF6ED258-E3C1-4EB4-8213-6E88E9C8CEA7.jpeg

9E18CCDE-BF42-4020-8770-040FEA0867E5.jpeg

0C3EC8DF-4BF2-418D-9CFF-711548A2407B.jpeg

255617C4-776E-47DC-AAF0-0CE9A7B7F311.jpeg

B99738F2-7970-47D3-8710-7CACB739B8E2.jpeg

F606C40D-8B17-479A-80FC-A3450958F6BB.jpeg

Thanks for sharing these pics. What an stunning range! Seriously considering an army of kroxigors, those crocodiles are dope.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The Crocodilian heads look the best imo.

1AA5F0E2-033B-4AFA-9C2E-26A247C885B6.jpeg

4CBB8AB5-077F-4F6E-B197-27BD06209C4C.jpeg

'Eavy metal paint scheme strikes again. I wasn't a huge fan of the crocodile heads when they were showcased, but the unpainted ones show so much more detail than the paint jobs allow.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 3:32 AM, JackStreicher said:

Sadly those images are not mine. But I‘ll ask the person :)

The arms should ne swappable with a little work (they have little triangles to slot into their respective torsos)

Cool thanks! I was planning to mix those a little, but after seeing how you can make both seers I may end using the standing one as a starpriest. Love when you can make 2 units with a single kit.

• Like 1

I've played a small PtG battle yesterday (600 pts) against HoS. The list included Slann, Saurus Guard, Skinks and Hunters of Huanchi (bolas). Saurus Guards with Mystic Shield on and some resurrection from Azure Light tanked the majority of the enemy for the whole battle; they eventually died to the Lord of Pain, but managed to bind and kill Slickblade Seekers and Twinsouls. The "killing" part was heavily supported with the Slann's magic, but still... not bad for a 130 pts. unit. 

One more thing I noticed - the summoning through Cosmic Power is really effective. With the Slann alone I was able to easily generate 5-7 points in my turn and ended up using Azure Light twice and summoning Ripperdactyls and Skinks (205 points in total). For a 600 points game this is huge.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

One more thing I noticed - the summoning through Cosmic Power is really effective. With the Slann alone I was able to easily generate 5-7 points in my turn and ended up using Azure Light twice and summoning Ripperdactyls and Skinks (205 points in total). For a 600 points game this is huge.

Agreed. Starborn are quite a bit more powerful than coalesced at the moment.
We'll see what the future holds.

3 hours ago, Flippy said:

How do you fell about the Slann in those games? I'm trying to get a 1k list to build towards and was wondering if the Slann would pull its weight or if would be better to keep him for larger points games.

The problem with summoning in smaller games is that the summoning rules are usually not balanced for that.

Ju might get a little less CPP in a smaller game (since you have fewer mages) but with a slann and a astrolith banner and the pyramid you will have little problem to get 8 points a turn with some unbinds. Which means you could summon a unit of skinks or similar from turn 2 and onwards leading to you basically having a 1000 point army in total.  With 4 skinkunits it is an increase by 56 % in total points.

In a 2000 point game you might get a bit more points (especially if you go the Kroak+slann build) but your summoning will be much less impactful, with between 12 and 16 points per round you would get about a 25 % increase in total points if you only summon stuff.

Now, personally I have a feeling the summoning might need a little tweek to be more costly but there need to be more data on it from gamesbefore GW should do anything.

• Like 1