AoS artwork and minatures

Baz

I was wondering if there were any pieces of artwork in AoS of major characters that haven't had a minature release yet? 

In the first instance I can think of the Malerion shadow demon pic from the first AoS rulebook but was wondering if there were any more? 

I suppose this could also extend to other units as well within AoS although that would be tricky as we wouldn't know what we're looking at but was wondering if there is some sort of GW policy that they only release artwork for stuff that will get a minature later. 

The reason for asking is that I saw this pic of Kurnoth in the sylvaneth battletome and we know that whitefang has hinted at a Kurnothi release so could we see the hunter god as part of that release?

Screenshot_20230417_221024_Twitter.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Baz said:

I was wondering if there were any pieces of artwork in AoS of major characters that haven't had a minature release yet? 

In the first instance I can think of the Malerion shadow demon pic from the first AoS rulebook but was wondering if there were any more? 

I suppose this could also extend to other units as well within AoS although that would be tricky as we wouldn't know what we're looking at but was wondering if there is some sort of GW policy that they only release artwork for stuff that will get a minature later. 

The reason for asking is that I saw this pic of Kurnoth in the sylvaneth battletome and we know that whitefang has hinted at a Kurnothi release so could we see the hunter god as part of that release?

Screenshot_20230417_221024_Twitter.jpg

I think that's just a statue of Kurnoth, I believe the god himself is currently deceased, that said I'm sure it was implied in Dark Harvest that he could be resurrected so who knows if he'll get a mini or not (hopefully he will)

Yes there's lot of sources that suggest he could return and with the current story arc and the rite of life spreading across the realms it makes any sort of return more likely. 

With regards to the artwork, I think the important thing is that they don't usually release artwork for deities in particular unless something is coming out. For example no tyrion artwork yet and whilst the malerion artwork has been out there for a while we know that when the time comes their models will be released. 

I'm just speculating really and also hoping that based on whitefang stating that a Kurnothi released is coming and on top of that seeing a Kurnothi in the first episode of Blacktalon.