28 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

What does the Cockatrice do now?  I read somewhere they do less MW.  I thought they'd just go by the wayside since they only have a Finecast model...

6 inch range ability in the start of any combat phase. 4+ deals d3 mw but if a unit takes any mw from the ability they only hit on 6's for that phase.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

What does the Cockatrice do now?  I read somewhere they do less MW.  I thought they'd just go by the wayside since they only have a Finecast model...

What it does is wait for a nerf most likely :D

The MW are no longer a shooting attack but an ability now. D3 instead of D6. Still on 4+

But now if the MW goes through the target unit can hit only on 6. Not -1 To Hit, straight to hits on 6 only.

When (coz its really just a question of when once everyone and their mother from Chaos starts allying this thing in) they nerf it I hope its gonna be just a drop to 5s, not ouright removal or just changing it to -1 To hit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myrdin said:

What it does is wait for a nerf most likely :D

The MW are no longer a shooting attack but an ability now. D3 instead of D6. Still on 4+

But now if the MW goes through the target unit can hit only on 6. Not -1 To Hit, straight to hits on 6 only.

When (coz its really just a question of when once everyone and their mother from Chaos starts allying this thing in) they nerf it I hope its gonna be just a drop to 5s, not ouright removal or just changing it to -1 To hit.

It will definitely get nerfed because it maybe should in our book but will one hundred percent be taken in every chaos book that can ally one (or more) in.

Just now, Sinfullyvannila said:

They could change it so that the debuff only works against "when targeting a beasts of chaos unit". Still super strong though unless the army is ranged skewed.

You are targeting the enemy unit not your own.

And if it worked only against other BoC then it would be pretty much useless.

I guess what you meant to say is if its used by BoC army only, but sadly thats not how these rules work in AoS.

8 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

You are targeting the enemy unit not your own.

And if it worked only against other BoC then it would be pretty much useless.

I guess what you meant to say is if its used by BoC army only, but sadly thats not how these rules work in AoS.

"...On a roll of +4 the target unit takes d3 mortal wounds and only scores hits on unmodified hit rolls of 6 when attacking Beasts of Chaos units until the end of this combat phase"

That's what I mean. Not a clean rule but not even close to the floor GW will allow rules to be printed.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila
  • Like 1

I just got my first 2 boxes of Gors and I'm having analysis paralysis. I'm guessing it's better to build them both the same way so I have the option of running 20. Should I do shields or 2 weapons? I mostly have Tzaangors so I don't really have enough Gors/Ungors to benefit from Allherd and am probably mostly going to do Gavespawn.

Since Tzaangors are the best value unit and I already have one Tzshaman ready, I decided to finally sit down and start working on mine. Nothing fancy, just a basic tabletop speedpaint. Finishing the bases and picking out more details will be done once all 40 of them have been painted :)

Spoiler

IMG20230217131139.jpg

IMG20230217131102.jpg

IMG20230217124526.jpg

IMG20230217124804.jpg

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

I just got my first 2 boxes of Gors and I'm having analysis paralysis. I'm guessing it's better to build them both the same way so I have the option of running 20. Should I do shields or 2 weapons? I mostly have Tzaangors so I don't really have enough Gors/Ungors to benefit from Allherd and am probably mostly going to do Gavespawn.

Mathematically one Option is +50% ATK, the other+50% AV. So "whatever fits your style". 

Since most players currently seem to use them for agressive (ambush) plays the preferred option is dual weapons. 

But it is still too early to make a final judgement on this.

( Anway, i personally would guess we will not see 20+ units of Gors this edition. 32mm bases and 1" attacks are badly punished by unit coherency rules...)

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Mathematically one Option is +50% ATK, the other+50% AV. So "whatever fits your style". 

Since most players currently seem to use them for agressive (ambush) plays the preferred option is dual weapons. 

But it is still too early to make a final judgement on this.

( Anway, i personally would guess we will not see 20+ units of Gors this edition. 32mm bases and 1" attacks are badly punished by unit coherency rules...)

Maybe not used offensively but unit of 20 with shields, sitting on objective and popping off All out Defence might be actually not half bad. Especially if the attacking enemy unit sits in Dirgehorn range.

Makes me wish the Morghurite spawns ability was at least 3 maybe 6 inches. That 1" is just pitiful.

I think it affects the entire enemy unit though because it doesn't reference models in the ability text. The pronoun is pretty unclear though.

For the Gors I was thinking 20 mostly because they only deal the strikes last on lower model counts. And AoD and rally on 5 should make the unit fairly resilient.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

Hi i whant to make strong list 😘

- Army Faction: Beasts of Chaos
     - Subfaction: Allherd
LEADERS
Doombull (160)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Skullfray Gorehorn
     - Artefacts of Power: Slitherwrack Helm
Beastlord (145)
Great Bray-Shaman (95)
     - Spells: Tendrils of Atrophy
BATTLELINE
Gors (220)
     - Banner Bearer
     - Brayhorn Blower
     - Foe-render
     - Hacking Blade and Beastshield
Bullgors (390)
     - Warheard Banner Bearer
     - Warheard Drummer
     - Paired Cleaving Axes
Gors (220)
     - Banner Bearer
     - Brayhorn Blower
     - Foe-render
Gors (110)
     - Banner Bearer
     - Brayhorn Blower
     - Foe-render
Bullgors (390)
     - Warheard Drummer
     - Warheard Banner Bearer
     -  Man-splitter Great Axe
BEHEMOTH
Ghorgon (240)
TERRAIN
1 x Herdstone (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 1970/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

On 2/17/2023 at 5:44 PM, Myrdin said:

Maybe not used offensively but unit of 20 with shields, sitting on objective and popping off All out Defence might be actually not half bad. Especially if the attacking enemy unit sits in Dirgehorn range.

Makes me wish the Morghurite spawns ability was at least 3 maybe 6 inches. That 1" is just pitiful.

I've spoken to lots of competitive BoC players that swear by 30 with shields in allherd. It's becoming an 'auto include' because it can soak some pretty serious hammers. In GV their damage output isn't too shabby either for when you want to head out on the offensive.

• Like 2

Hi,

just a rules Question:

Core Rules state:

25.8 Allies

Below a faction’s Pitched Battle profiles table, you will find a list of allies that can be taken in an army from that faction (see 27.1). The allies list will detail which factions you can take allied units from and any restrictions that apply to their use. Allied units cannot be generals.

Beastmen are Allies to Slaves to Darkness.

Does this mean, I can include a unit of Morghurite Chaos Spawn as allies within a StD army?

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Hi,

just a rules Question:

Core Rules state:

25.8 Allies

Below a faction’s Pitched Battle profiles table, you will find a list of allies that can be taken in an army from that faction (see 27.1). The allies list will detail which factions you can take allied units from and any restrictions that apply to their use. Allied units cannot be generals.

Beastmen are Allies to Slaves to Darkness.

Does this mean, I can include a unit of Morghurite Chaos Spawn as allies within a StD army?

Nope, Morghurite Spawn are only accessible by a sub faction ability, which is an allegiance ability. And allies have no access to allegiance abilities of either army.

Speaking of rules I too have question about the Desolating Beastherd battalion (p.75).

The effect is really great for those units that are included, but I am not sure how to take this ?

When building the army list via Warscrol builder I am not able to add this battalion.

I have not played a game in 3.0 only in 2.0, but I know lot of things has changed. Can anyone advise how to take it ? I dont see a price on it like it used to be, nor does the app selection offer it.

Or do I just take the units that are part of it (lets say the Bullgor one), and say I am using this ?

4 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Speaking of rules I too have question about the Desolating Beastherd battalion (p.75).

The effect is really great for those units that are included, but I am not sure how to take this ?

When building the army list via Warscrol builder I am not able to add this battalion.

I have not played a game in 3.0 only in 2.0, but I know lot of things has changed. Can anyone advise how to take it ? I dont see a price on it like it used to be, nor does the app selection offer it.

Or do I just take the units that are part of it (lets say the Bullgor one), and say I am using this ?

They are for open or narrative play and have no cost.

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

They are for open or narrative play and have no cost.

Well... thats dissapointing >__>

I should have guessed its gonna be the same as the Legends characters.

Speaking of which, I wonder why with the release of a new Beastlord the BL on charriot is still not a thing.

Then again that question could be asked about some stuff like new Shaggoth mini, Razorgors or Jabberslythe as well.

12 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Yeah, on reading through the lore on Shaggoths; its a really shame they don't leverage them more. There's a lot of potential to make a serious antagonist opposite Stormcast.

This. I mean, if they wanna go low effort they could just use one of the draconic mounts the SC characters have, slap on top of it Ogre Myrmidon body and bam done. Throw in an updated profile (Shaggoth really should not be 4+ save when a Chaos Demon prince is 3+) with 2 casts and dispells due to the absurd points increase in the current book, and watch it seel like pancakes.

Its sad people have to convert, third party, or 3D print their Shaggoth proxies simply because the OG Shaggoth is like 20 years old sculpts that doesnt even hold out with regular old Beastmen anymore. When put next to the Drag Ogs. which were released after most of our other stuff, its like night and day.

Plus doing this would open up an opportunity to bring back Kolek Suneater as a massive, expensive model akin to Kragnos and the Sons of Behemat line.

I would really like to see some financials about our army. Is BoC cselling that badly to warrant only a single, new 28,mm miniature in years, that being the new Beastlord (with no chariot T__T), when there is a lot of untapped potential with bunch of severly outdated miniatures screaming for a replacement.

Edited by Myrdin

On 2/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Considering the new price for bestigors, is anybody going to use them?

they seem a bit overpriced but certainly not less good woth their new rules

Rob, Honest WArgammer just posted an interview with someone who did very well with Bestigors.  It will be non-patreon only Friday so I'm keen to hear the persons results and findings.  

Sometimes it boils down to oddity in circumstance as to why the person did well with said unit.  Never the less I always find it takes 4-6 months of trials and attempts to come to conclusions and things to form top tier.  Sometimes things just come out of the blue and are surprise hits.

7 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Rob, Honest WArgammer just posted an interview with someone who did very well with Bestigors.  It will be non-patreon only Friday so I'm keen to hear the persons results and findings.  

Sometimes it boils down to oddity in circumstance as to why the person did well with said unit.  Never the less I always find it takes 4-6 months of trials and attempts to come to conclusions and things to form top tier.  Sometimes things just come out of the blue and are surprise hits.

I saw the list. It looked awesome.

List with Bestigors that went 4-1 is here, link provides a write up:

Top Three AoS Lists for Colonial Carnage - Woehammer

Army Faction: Beasts of Chaos
 Army Subfaction: Gavespawn
– Grand Strategy: Desecrating Brayherd
– Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER
1 x Beastlord (145)*
 General
– Command Traits: Bestial Cunning
– Artefacts: Slitherwrack Helm
– Aspects of the Champion: Fuelled by Ghurish Rage
1 x Great Bray-Shaman (95)***
 Spells: Wild Rampage
1 x Great Bray-Shaman (95)***
 Spells: Tendrils of Atrophy
1 x Beasts of Chaos Tzaangor Shaman (115)***
 Artefacts: Brayblast Trumpet
– Spells: Tendrils of Atrophy

BATTLELINE
3 x Morghurite Chaos Spawn (Gibbering Congregation) (230)
20 x Bestigors (440)**
10 x Gors (110)**
 Paired Hacking Blades
10 x Gors (110)**
 Paired Hacking Blades
10 x Gors (110)**
 Paired Hacking Blades
10 x Ungors (80)***
 Pitted Blade

OTHER
1 x Cockatrice (105)
1 x Cockatrice (105)
6 x Beasts of Chaos Slaangor Fiendbloods (260)*

CORE BATTALIONS:
*Galletian Command
**Galletian Veterans
***Warlord

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

List looks like it focuses on debuffs/control to make the Bestigors an immovable brick on the central objective. There's multiple screens/chaff that just stall out the opponent and keep them off, preventing them from scoring. Very interesting - completely different take from what many other BoC players have been thinking of.

• Like 1