AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

25 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I can see that getting an FAQ 

Then prio for it is probably 9 fel > 2 dank > 9 rock > 6 fel > 6 rock > 1 dank. If you only get the ward then obv the rockguts would never get it.

So snufflers + troggboss + sporesplattaz is the point at which 6 rockguts overtake 2 danks 🤣

I wouldn't even take snufflers unless I'm looking for the ward save. But the 6 rockguts are still 40 points cheaper and more durable.

I think all the troggs are playable actually, although I currently rank dankholds the lowest mostly because they can't come back from the shrine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

They can buff anything, but you need to not move (same as now) and roll a 3+ (2+ under the moon). the buff is a 5+ ward, and if the roll was a 6 the unit also gets +1 attack.

I also read somewhere that u could select the target after the roll, is this correct? This is very important imho to give to +1 attack to Rockguts when needed.

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I also read somewhere that u could select the target after the roll, is this correct? This is very important imho to give to +1 attack to Rockguts when needed.

this is how I've seen it written, but its a wholly within 12" range so outside of the first turn I'm not sure how often you'll have multiple targets as options.

Man, im just super happy Sporesplattas arent keyword bingo anymore. Fanatics are my favorite kit and what pulled me into Glitz but I never had any interest in running bricks of Grots.

Also picked up my second Dankhold kit to make a Troggoths and put in a preorder for the grot boss.

I think I'd rather run the Snufflers with my Fellwaters at the moment.

I have a 1000 point escalation league at the beginning of march so im super excited.

• Like 3

Man I am so excited! Just ordered 18 troggoths! 

I feel like people should discuss skitterstand arachnrok. Even though he is a bit more expensive, the fact that he can go into reserve at the end of any combat phase seems so strong to me! This dude alone gives so much objective threat, and combined with hand of gork an easy break through enemy lines.

And Skragrott is just insanely good. Cannot make a list without him i think. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Smash said:

Man I am so excited! Just ordered 18 troggoths! 

I feel like people should discuss skitterstand arachnrok. Even though he is a bit more expensive, the fact that he can go into reserve at the end of any combat phase seems so strong to me! This dude alone gives so much objective threat, and combined with hand of gork an easy break through enemy lines.

And Skragrott is just insanely good. Cannot make a list without him i think. 

Skragrott is horrendously undercosted. as are quite a few things in the book, like how did grots go down when the book is so much better if the old book had those points they might not've been so bad. Skragrott is definitely auto include at 160 points though.

As for the skitterstrand its got some great utility in its movement, although the pie plate holds it back, but its got damage issues. it only averages 7.33 damage vs a 4+ save before stomp, so it'll struggle to even clear screens consistently.  Spiders in general really needed a proper damage update to their warscrolls but didn't get it. 

The flinger has good utility now too, long range and halves movement, so you can cripple some key pieces.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Skragrott is horrendously undercosted. as are quite a few things in the book, like how did grots go down when the book is so much better if the old book had those points they might not've been so bad. Skragrott is definitely auto include at 160 points though.

Power creep is a real thing, troggs are 160 points and Brutes just got moved down to 150 because they were overcosted at 160. Even with the lowered price grots still would have been bad at the old points.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Power creep is a real thing, troggs are 160 points and Brutes just got moved down to 150 because they were overcosted at 160. Even with the lowered price grots still would have been bad at the old points.

Its often not even power creep with GW. Just bad pointing and bad warscrolls.
Brutes are hurt because Pigs are too good, not because they're overcosted. Pigs are only as good as they are because of the errata that gave them rend 2. If brutes were the only rend 2, like how the book originally released they would've seen more play.
Then there was a bunch of trash warscrolls that went up in points when aos3 came out, because GW felt the need to hard tax raw wounds, and some of that stuff never came down. Stabbas and shootas were a good example, as are Savage Orruks. Gutrippaz as well but they've been coming down and GW is also scared of mortals being good when destruction does it (see splintered fang, lumineth and FeC Terrorgeists).

Edited by Ganigumo

On 1/31/2023 at 8:11 PM, Ganigumo said:

They can buff anything, but you need to not move (same as now) and roll a 3+ (2+ under the moon). the buff is a 5+ ward, and if the roll was a 6 the unit also gets +1 attack.

It is 6+ so under the Moon is 5+. The hit better (3 attacks with rend 1) and they have 5+ ward. They are waaaaay better than before

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys I have a question about skuttleboss on Giant spider. "scuttle away"ability works on himself  even if I dont have spider riders in my army?:)

Yes.
Based on the wording it says "...If you do so you can pick 1 friendly spider riders unit wholly within 12" of this unit. This unit and the unit you picked can retreat..."
Can means its optional. Of course the scuttleboss needs to survive combat, which he might actually be able to do with the new headdress.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to finally start working on some of my Gitz Battleforce boxes.

What do you think of these two 1000 point armies?

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (370)
Fungoid (90) or Squigboss (80) if I get him.
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (280)
24 x Squig Herd (240)
Total: 970 / 1000

Dankhold trogboss (200)
Mollog (130)
Dankhold troggoth (180)
6 x Rockguts (320)
3 x Rockguts (160) or Fellwaters eventually.
Total: 990/1000

I don't have the Squigboss or any Fellwaters yet.

What do you all think is better or a more solid 1000 points list? All Troggs or Troggs + support or Troggs + dogs? 

1. Added Mollog here because it filled out the list nicely. 

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
     - Subfaction: Glogg's Megamob
LEADERS
Dankhold Troggboss (200)
     - General
Mollog (130)
Breaka-boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)
BATTLELINE
Fellwater Troggoths (160)
Rockgut Troggoths (160)
TOTAL POINTS: 990/1000

2. Added Skrag and Gobbapalooza for some magic and buffs.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
LEADERS
Skragrott, the Loonking (160)
Dankhold Troggboss (200)
     - General
BATTLELINE
Rockgut Troggoths (160)
OTHER
Gobbapalooza (145)
TOTAL POINTS: 985/1000

3. Or Troggs + Snarlfangs for some much needed speed. Added the madcap to round out the list. Could drop the Madcap for a second Snarlfang unit but that leaves me with 50 points unused.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
LEADERS
Dankhold Troggboss (200)
     - General
Madcap Shaman (70)
BATTLELINE
Rockgut Troggoths (160)
OTHER
Rippa's Snarlfangs (110)
Snarlfang Riders (135)
TOTAL POINTS: 995/1000

Edited by Gitzdee

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

What do you all think is better or a more solid 1000 points list? All Troggs or Troggs + support or Troggs + dogs? 

I've always been of the opinion that troggs need at least some support. The teleport for example is an enormous boon just for the threat, even if you never use it.

Also skraggy is amazing right now, can't go wrong with him.

• Like 1

So here's my list for an upcoming. Escalation league:

[b]++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2023** 1,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [970pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ Core Battalion +[/b]

[b]Core Battalion: Battle Regiment[/b]

[b]+ Leader +[/b]

[b]Dankhold Troggboss [200pts]:[/b] Battle Regiment - 1 Commander, General, Glowy Howzit, Loonskin

[b]Fungoid Cave-Shaman [90pts]:[/b] Battle Regiment - 0-2 Sub-Commander, The Hand of Gork

[b]+ Battleline +[/b]

[b]Fellwater Troggoths [320pts]:[/b] 6 Fellwater Troggoths, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops, Reinforced

[b]Rockgut Troggoths [160pts]:[/b] 3 Rockgut Troggoths, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]+ Other +[/b]

[b]Sneaky Snufflers [110pts]:[/b] 6 Sneaky Snufflers, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]Sporesplatta Fanatics [90pts]:[/b] 5 Sporesplatta Fanatics, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]+ Scenery +[/b]

[b]Bad Moon Loonshrine[/b]

[b]+ Allegiance +[/b]

[b]Allegiance[/b]
. Gloomspite Gitz: Glogg's Megamob

[b]+ Game Options +[/b]

[b]Game Type:[/b] 1000 Points - Vanguard

[b]Grand Strategy:[/b] Chasing the Moon

[b]++ Total: [970pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]

The spell for the Loonskin would be Malevolent Moon. 

I didn't put Skragrott in for a few reasons. First off, I wouldnt be able to fit in a Galletian champ if I did. Secondly, the Escalation League is going to have some sort of character creation rules that im not sure I can do with Galletian Champs. Lastly, im just not comfortable losing the extra wounds and durability that the sneaky snufflers bring.

Any C&C? The only thing I can really think of is that im wondering if the reinforced Troggs with Sporesplattas is overkill for a 1000 point game. I could put in spider riders for a more durable unit. In that case i could do 2x3 Rockguts and 1x3 Fellwaters.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

How do we feel about Zarbag? His retreat spell seems pretty useful for abusing 4+ rally. Positioning could be a problem, but we could use things like spellportal or lauchon to get him close enough.

Unfortunately Rally is only at the start of the hero phase so there's no interaction here. However you can do this spell and then Hand of Gork. To be honest you probably won't cast his second spell too often because the first one is so good and you can always cast a spell from the domain or a mystic shield.