Next Faction - What would you like to see?

Gaz Taylor

11 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

What about Shyish's Human population? We know that it has them! Could they have evolved a unique society and way of war shaped by their strange Realm

Also, damnit, I've got to stop speculating. Now I really want to find a way to run some kind of Hallowfaust (the City of Necromancers) style army in Age of Sigmar. Necromancers leading an army of undead shock troopers supported by Humans using more sophisticated tactics. I'd need to make up my own rules that would let me combine them and create synergies...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My number one is aelves right now. I want to see barbaric daughters of khaine style warriors, and i think thats what tenebral shard is hinting. And i want mysterious eldar-like mistweavers as well. 

I'd also love a mortals of death faction. ripe with thralls for vampires to feed on, and full of shyish pilgrims working together with vampires in common cause, sort of what we find in the Hunt for Nagash Audio drama. 

If there would be one far fetched thing i'd love to see, it'd be a beasts of death expansion. show us monsters that represent death from realms like ghur and ghyran.

I'm another fan of the "mortals of Shyish" concept, especially attached to Soulblight to fill them out as a faction. I see them as being utterly dedicated to their Vampire masters, having been raised from birth to view them as near-godlike beings who may occasionally choose those who serve them especially well to join their elite ranks.

I can imagine them feeling very, very interesting on the tabletop - cheap infantry with middling stats, but gaining bonuses when in close proximity to a Vampire Hero to represent extra fervor in an attempt to catch their master's eye... Or fear of failing them. Having rules which allow you to sacrifice a model to regain wounds on said hero would be interesting, to really hammer home the self-healing theme Soulblight has going for it.

In this theoretical warscroll I have in my head, they would be statted similar to skeletons, but swap out the ability to regain wounds or be summoned for the synergy with units having the Vampire keyword - bonus to hit & bravery, plus the sacrifice rule.

I knew I'd seen something similar rattling around the place!

Got some interesting concepts being worked with there, though in a somewhat different direction to what I had in mind. They certainly are capable of piling the damage on, despite being incredibly fragile. 6" is also quite fast! 

I'm really excited to see the Aelves and I have a feeling it might be Phoenix Temple with them being mentioned in the Season of War campaign.

I would love to see the Wanderers but with the release of the Sylvaneth I imagine they will be the last aelves to be released due to them being similar in design.

Death does need some love as they are the alliance which has had least attention and personally I hope its either Soulblight or Deathrattle, they both could be a lot of fun with huge possibilities!

2 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I would like to see something happening with the aelves, otherwise grots need something, they have the same range they had when i started the hobby.

Wow. Reading your post just made me realise that Bretonnians have the exact same range they had when I started the hobby during 4th ed. Tomb Kings and Dogs of War too!

My wishlist has the Tzeentch anarchites expanded to be equivalent to the Rotbringers or Bloodbound. My Tzeentch mortals can wait though...

It would be good if everyone who is still left wondering "what happened to my army?" is answered. We have a rough idea what the duardin and free people are up to, but those factions can do with a new release. Slaanesh and the aelves are still a mystery, I would like to see that next, for the sake of fairness if nothing else.

10 minutes ago, DarkBlack said:

It would be good if everyone who is still left wondering "what happened to my army?" is answered.

QFT. The biggest thing GW needs to do to maintain the community is plug those holes. I know, I know, patience is a virtue, and they'll get to it as soon as they can, but... several entire species who were major players with lots of model support have yet to be given any love and the entire Death Grand Alliance is still pretty sparse. Hopefully that's what we'll see GW get to, next.

I would like to see some humans that could be used either as Free People* or Marauders*. Maybe some Barbarian tribesmen along the Darkoath Chieftain that could easily be customized to fit a certain allegiance, preferably with a few upgrade kits to follow along with the main release.

It would be nice to have some really flexible kits, that could also represent the various humans of the Mortal Realms that, depending on the individual tribe, could be Free People or Chaos aligned.

*Freeguild Archers, Crossbowmen, Guard and Greatswords depending on their weapon loadouts

52 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

I would like to see some humans that could be used either as Free People* or Marauders*. Maybe some Barbarian tribesmen along the Darkoath Chieftain that could easily be customized to fit a certain allegiance, preferably with a few upgrade kits to follow along with the main release.

It would be nice to have some really flexible kits, that could also represent the various humans of the Mortal Realms that, depending on the individual tribe, could be Free People or Chaos aligned.

*Freeguild Archers, Crossbowmen, Guard and Greatswords depending on their weapon loadouts

Are Spiky Norman and Spiney Norman the same person?

9 minutes ago, Roostmanuva said:

Are Spiky Norman and Spiney Norman the same person?

Spiky Norman is the famous Bloodbowl Star Player most notably known for being the 27th regular partner Morg’th N’hthrog used for his famous ‘Goblin Cannonball’ tactic.

I cannot speak for Spiney Norman.

To take another approach, the one I suspect GW is in fact taking:

Let's see something (i.e. a release and/or major fluff event) from each realm. We started with an army from Heavens fighting in Fire (plus a release), had  releases from Death and Beasts (could have been more) and finally a big campaign and amazing release from Life. That's 5 out of 8. We know that Tzeentch controls Metal and there will be aelfs in Light and Shadow. Guesses are that there will be Duardin in metal and Slaanesh is up to something with the Aelfs.

Archived