[Hyped] Seriously, the concept of the Dawnbringer Crusades is f*** epic ​  🤩 ​

Mungrun

It reminds me a lot of Bretonnia in a way.

If you love the lore as I do, you will know that as a commander of a Dawnbringer Crusade you are not just fighting to win the battle, you are also fighting to avoid losing because behind your army there is a caravan of poor people, oldmen, mothers and childs looking for a better future... those are your people. You MUST protect them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGctASqrXis&ab_channel=Warhammer

The Dawnbringer Crusades are Sigmar’s grand push back into the lost regions of the Mortal Realms, founding new settlements that they hope will someday grow into Free Cities of their own. Each expedition is spearheaded by a contingent of soldiers armed with hardened steel, behind which trails a caravan of colonists, supplies, beasts of burden, and pre-fabricated buildings. If all goes well these soldiers will be able to join in and settle down peacefully, too – if all goes well.

0272a28f390d3c432cccfa86ef963380f0550a19

This worlds are cruel you may fail, but you will never concede! NOT if there is at least one man alive in the battlefield waiting for your orders, NOT if your last weapon is still sharp, even if the owner of the shop is telling you that he is going to close the DAMN store with you inside, you will stay there fighting alongside your troops!
Because that people believe in you, you are their last hope, their champion. You are a Dawnbringer!

battle-helms-deep.gif

And for Sigmar, that's what we will do!

:3

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mungrun said:

It reminds me a lot of Bretonnia in a way.

If you love the lore as I do, you will know that as a commander of a Dawnbringer Crusade you are not just fighting to win the battle, you are also fighting to avoid losing because behind your army there is a caravan of poor people, oldmen, mothers and childs looking for a better future... those are your people. You MUST protect them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGctASqrXis&ab_channel=Warhammer

0272a28f390d3c432cccfa86ef963380f0550a19

This worlds are cruel you may fail, but you will never concede! NOT if there is at least one man alive in the battlefield waiting for your orders, NOT if your last weapon is still sharp, even if the owner of the shop is telling you that he is going to close the DAMN store with you inside, you will stay there fighting alongside your troops!
Because that people believe in you, you are their last hope, their champion. You are a Dawnbringer!

battle-helms-deep.gif

And for Sigmar, that's what we will do!

:3

I’m actually thinking of ordering some imperial soldiers, just to be able to get that swiss army look for my city of sigmar army.

i’ll call it old helvetica 😂

• Like 1

I am sorely hoping that the short-legged folk don't get left behind...they build stuff!  Really really hoping, if Cities will still have cities, and new ones, that there's a full on Duardin city with Fyreslayers AND Kharadron coalition allies, and with the white bearded fellow at the end of Broken Realms providing some good technical knowhow.  And a Cogfort.

But some longer-legged folk might find a welcome home on my shelves too.  Would be neat to make guisarmes and all kinds of polearms for them.  

I bet there will be two types of Cities ways to play, like the Stormcast have the Stormkeeps, where the Dawnbringers get buffs or something against enemies near objectives as they build their new settlements.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 12:18 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

I am sorely hoping that the short-legged folk don't get left behind...they build stuff!  Really really hoping, if Cities will still have cities, and new ones, that there's a full on Duardin city with Fyreslayers AND Kharadron coalition allies, and with the white bearded fellow at the end of Broken Realms providing some good technical knowhow.  And a Cogfort.

But some longer-legged folk might find a welcome home on my shelves too.  Would be neat to make guisarmes and all kinds of polearms for them.  

I bet there will be two types of Cities ways to play, like the Stormcast have the Stormkeeps, where the Dawnbringers get buffs or something against enemies near objectives as they build their new settlements.

I am hoping none of the races get left behind, and that Halflings get added into the mix. 

I do think the Aelves will need to be aesthetically and conceptually unified at some point, but that is a problem for when they eventually get reworked with new models. Personally I think that something akin to Shadow Warriors/sisters of the Watch would make the most sense. In other words something that can work either in a Wanderers/Rangers theme but with the right paint scheme can fit the aesthetic of a City of Sigmar. 

On 9/23/2022 at 7:18 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

I believe that duardins and ealfs will be in new CoS but they will looks like Sigmar worshipers at first place and other gods of the pantheon at second.

FS, KO and new Dispossessed will be presented as Khazalid Empire coalition units. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Are Halflings fundamentally different than Dwarves?  Even if not, if they have war-chickens to ride I'm in.

Halflings are fundamentally different to Dwarves. Heck they traditionally (Old World) didn't even trust nor like each other at all.