Is Knight of Shrouds' on Ethereal Steed Lord of Gheists a command ability?

Bayul

Question

I am not sure if Knight of Shrouds' on Ethereal Steed Lord of Gheists is a command ability I have to spend a command point for. I am confused because it does not explicitly say "You can issue this command ability in the combat phase".

Lord of Gheists: Once per battle round, this unit can issue the All-out Attack command to a friendly NIGHTHAUNT SUMMONABLE unit without a command point being spent.

In the combat phase, when you pick this unit to fight for the first time in that phase, you can pick 1 friendly NIGHTHAUNT SUMMONABLE unit wholly within 12" of this unit and that has not yet fought in that phase. This unit and that NIGHTHAUNT SUMMONABLE unit can fight one after the other in the order of your choice.

He does issue All-out Attack for free - that's clear. Do I have to spend a command point for the second paragraph nevertheless? And can I choose two different units within range for All-out Attack and the fighting order effect?

What if I choose All-out Attack via Lord of Gheists in the shooting phase? Can I at this point already pick a unit to fight after my Knight of Shrouds' on Ethereal Steed in the following combat phase?

Bonus question: If both paragraphs are indeed one command ability, can a Dreadblade Harrow with Curse of Loyalty be picked to activate with an other nearby unit for the fighting order effect or only for All-out Attack?

Curse of Loyalty: Once per battle round, if your general has the NIGHTHAUNT keyword and issues a command, this unit can issue the same command in the same phase without a command point being spent. If it does so, that command must be received by a friendly NIGHTHAUNT unit.

1 answer to this question