Top #3 kits you'd like to see updated.

12 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

With the Soulblight updates (i.e. Blood Knights, Fell Bats, Zombies, etc.), the "Derp List" has been further reduced...:

image.png.5fc3f7e4771c6afc7f150afbb69b2141.png

A few kits narrowly escaped (e.g. Gnoblars, Saurus Guard, Kroxigor, Flegellants, Plague Monks, etc.), but were either not quite bad/dated enough or my expectations for the concept are just too low in general (I mean, what else can you do with Gnoblars...).

As a long time lizardmen fan I can't see the problem with a lot of their models. Sure cold ones are quite cartoony, but what's wrong with chameleons, kroxigor or salamanders besides them being resin? Sure it's a bad material but the models look fine to me? The 3rd party lizzies certainly set a n astronomically high bar, but that doesn't mean the gw sculpts are bad, just not as good.

4 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

As a long time lizardmen fan I can't see the problem with a lot of their models. Sure cold ones are quite cartoony, but what's wrong with chameleons, kroxigor or salamanders besides them being resin? Sure it's a bad material but the models look fine to me? The 3rd party lizzies certainly set a n astronomically high bar, but that doesn't mean the gw sculpts are bad, just not as good.

The problem is that GW has astronomically high prices in the miniature world, and delivers a product here that doesn't seem worth that.

Look at Freeguild Handgunners. 

99120202012_HandgunnersNEW02v2.jpg.12632f056ed7829cc933f3b43e6d01a4.jpg

€32 for 10 (a 60% increase in the last four years). This doesn't reflect distribution, because it's just from a webshop.

Now look at Warlord Landsknecht missiles.

202016003-Landsknechts-missile-troops-07.jpg.823e86d1565c56196af8a1074e1028db.jpg

These are €29 for 30.

Having painted both, the GW painter did a good job making them look like less like apes, while Warlord's offering paints up really easily.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

If you wre coming into GW as a new customer and looking at the Skaven, I can't imagine it would be on the list of derpiest-looking models, as I feel the mask hides the era's terrible monkey faces.

It actually would be.

at least all of the mentioned models except the skryre acolyte,

but considering that they cost a fortune, I’m not sure if anybody would be willing to buy them anyways 

3CAB8248-CBF5-4D1B-9916-4ED291F7018F.jpeg

6C679E70-C231-4598-8ADB-5B6E319C7C7D.jpeg

1. Salamanders- they are too damn good to be looking terrible. They are a frequent pick but just looking at them makes me want to smash them with my fist.

2. Valkia- She needs a glowup and some nice rules to allow her to really buff the mortal side of Khorne 

3. I would like to see the Rogue Idol re made in plastic and updated to run with bonesplitazz 

• Haha 1

1. Spider Riders. Spiderfang really needs some love.

2. Hexwraiths. Dont plan on buying them. Dont think the model reflects Nighthaunt. Could use a black coach styling update.

3. Savage Boarboys. These boars look really bad. An update could blow some fresh air into this often forgotten faction.

Any old whfb models should be updated asap.