Top #3 kits you'd like to see updated.

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Couldnt agree more. 

I see rat ogres are a sore subject.  Not being a skaven collector myself im imagining slightly more than stormfiend size but less clan skyre and more beast of burden. Two in a box with a "handler". Is that what the whip rats are? Throw in a few rat swarms like scarabs on necron warriors. Hell, they could even ride them like The Kruelest of Breaka Bosses do. 

What would you like to see in an upgrade kit?

Marauders seem to be a popular choice as well. Up untill the most recent Dark Oath warcry warband I hadnt seen anything I would get on board with. All predecessors seemed too cartoony. Props to sculptors on those. Again, never collected but I always liked the current marauders horses. That real lightly armored fast skirmishing look. 

@Rachmani Mentioned hexwraiths. This is a good one that would really "complete" the line. One could assume this would also lead to new black knights and while removing the second hexwraith option could open up for some kind of archery unit build as well. I wouldnt mind seeing Nefaratas subfaction given more skelly choices and expanded upon. 

@KingBrodd

Im surpised to have not seen more conversions utilizing the bloodbowl ogre team. They seem to be a dynamic and great fit for these. 

I cant believe how bad the Rat Ogres are. When they released I was gob smacked and thought it was a sick joke. They were bad minis on release and even worse as time has gone on.

Check out the older minis and then the Island of Blood ones compared to todays...

6aea8c111a3bbc0ca1a31832e54827c5.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Ironclaws.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Stitch_Spikegouger.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_2.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Maulerblades.jpg

• Like 3

If I had to choose 3 units desperately in need of an update I just couldn’t say.

skaven in specifically are in such a high need of getting some kind of sculp upsate, that basically anything goes from skryre acolytes down to what ever eshin is meant to look like.

just before the skaven booklet got announced a good number of people where hoping that at least 2 units would get an update.

an update that could have easily be done with one multi-kit box,

night and gutter runners.

this units truly deserve an update.

there are so many people put there who just love the aspect of ninja rats kill-hiding everywhere, the underword warband was a fantastic unit showing the capability of what the designers can do, it is just such a disappointment that they haven’t yet used it at all.

trying to hide-hide their most improper way of handling a Faction, outdated no less, with 1 miserly new deathmaster that replaces another although failcast yet already amazing looking model.

even the book shows how much they are in denial.

In the picture section they try-try to hide-hide their most ugly models by not showing them.

rattling gun and warpfire thrower weapon teams are considered one of the most iconic skaven units, yet can not be shown, instead the still okish more rat like weapon teams like the warpgrinder and doom flayer weapon teams are shown.

even the clan moulder section, where rat ogors should be a part of the pictures, are hidden well, behind a Hell pit abomination, just so the picture doesn’t look empty but barely visible.

Personally I’m very disappointed.

as for the units that truly need an update, I would say about half of the whole faction, but since we are only allowed to choose three units, I guess it would be the night runners, gutter runners, and rat ogors 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1- Salamanders. Honestly all Seraphon non-plastic monsters but Salamanders have been my favorite since I saw their stupid metal faces

2- Clanrats, as a new sword/spear/sling kit. Skaven really truly need so many kits, and I think updated clanrats at the least would go a long way.

3- Liberators or Judicators, as a new mixed gender unit. I know anything Stormcast will be contentious, I think the two poster battleline deserve to reflect the diversity of Stormcast in the lore.

10 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If I had to choose 3 units desperately in need of an update I just couldn’t say.

skaven in specifically are in such a high need of getting some kind of sculp upsate, that basically anything goes from skryre acolytes down to what ever eshin is meant to look like.

just before the skaven booklet got announced a good number of people where hoping that at least 2 units would get an update.

an update that could have easily be done with one multi-kit box,

night and gutter runners.

this units truly deserve an update.

there are so many people put there who just love the aspect of ninja rats kill-hiding everywhere, the underword warband was a fantastic unit showing the capability of what the designers can do, it is just such a disappointment that they haven’t yet used it at all.

trying to hide-hide their most improper way of handling a Faction, outdated no less, with 1 miserly new deathmaster that replaces another although failcast yet already amazing looking model.

even the book shows how much they are in denial.

In the picture section they try-try to hide-hide their most ugly models by not showing them.

rattling gun and warpfire thrower weapon teams are considered one of the most iconic skaven units, yet can not be shown, instead the still okish more rat like weapon teams like the warpgrinder and doom flayer weapon teams are shown.

even the clan moulder section, where rat ogors should be a part of the pictures, are hidden well, behind a Hell pit abomination, just so the picture doesn’t look empty but barely visible.

Personally I’m very disappointed.

as for the units that truly need an update, I would say about half of the whole faction, but since we are only allowed to choose three units, I guess it would be the night runners, gutter runners, and rat ogors 

I truly feel for Skaven players. It just doesnt make sense as one of GW most iconic Factions that also has a presence in two massive gaming properties in Total War and Vermintide.

I surely hope they are a big presence in 4.0 and perhaps even the big bad because they deserve a massive line refresh of at least a few heroes and 10 kits.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant believe how bad the Rat Ogres are. When they released I was gob smacked and thought it was a sick joke. They were bad minis on release and even worse as time has gone on.

Check out the older minis and then the Island of Blood ones compared to todays...

6aea8c111a3bbc0ca1a31832e54827c5.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Ironclaws.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Stitch_Spikegouger.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_2.jpg

Skaven_Rat_Ogre_with_Maulerblades.jpg

I recently picked up one of the Island of Blood rat ogres and while mono-pose, the sculpt itself is amazing. Need to find the other and then might do a small Skaven warband/force 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

I recently picked up one of the Island of Blood rat ogres and while mono-pose, the sculpt itself is amazing. Need to find the other and then might do a small Skaven warband/force 

Absolutely mate theyre stunning!! Hopefully in 4.0 there will be more added to Skaven or even in Warcry they may yet get a Warband!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

Saurus Warriors/Knights don’t need an update, they need the Cadian Head Sprue Treatment for more open mouths. 

Besides that, you’d just get an updated kit with the same ten poses.

Look at their cold ones.

99120208018_SaurusKnights03.jpg.adc5b33f8c8154422fdeb69ab037c37b.jpg

Now look at those of the Dark Elves.

99120212002_ColdOneKnightsNEW02.jpg.6d92e8a1460a5324b28efbfa31ea92ab.jpg

Then look at Lost Kingdoms

ezocamatl-knights-command-group.jpg.59fe9b3856d8248eedc7c28d4903f25c.jpg

Also, the chameleon skinks

99800208020_SeraphonChameleonSkinks02.jpg.cdfc391aea88963cd4f8ad5585cf65f7.jpg

Vs Lost Kingdoms

chameleon-heroine-v1.jpg.1a609a9441d1bc83dfa49942de873b48.jpg

Feathers! Proper looking dino! Chameleon doing a handstand and shootingbwith their feet!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

So to follow up my earlier post I will now do my list of Resin I want updated, again with a selfish eye towards models that I personally want:

Icefall Yhetees: I have a Beastclaw Raiders army and it needs some frosty snowmen that are made out of material that is not brittle.

Valkia the Bloody: Just imagine with Be'Lakor and Kroak how they could reimagine this fantascic model!

Kroxigors: Cool models and even though Salamders could use it more i just want plastic Kroxigors a little more

Dishonourable Mention: Skaven again! Update them now GW honestly one of your strongest IP and the look so terrible yet the few modern models you have made are all a tier!

Honourable mention: Anything carrying lances, spears or rapiers... resin is not the best material for such things!

• Like 1

With the Soulblight updates (i.e. Blood Knights, Fell Bats, Zombies, etc.), the "Derp List" has been further reduced...:

image.png.5fc3f7e4771c6afc7f150afbb69b2141.png

A few kits narrowly escaped (e.g. Gnoblars, Saurus Guard, Kroxigor, Flegellants, Plague Monks, etc.), but were either not quite bad/dated enough or my expectations for the concept are just too low in general (I mean, what else can you do with Gnoblars...).

49 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

With the Soulblight updates (i.e. Blood Knights, Fell Bats, Zombies, etc.), the "Derp List" has been further reduced...:

A few kits narrowly escaped (e.g. Gnoblars, Saurus Guard, Kroxigor, Flegellants, Plague Monks, etc.), but were either not quite bad/dated enough or my expectations for the concept are just too low in general (I mean, what else can you do with Gnoblars...).

What about skryre acolytes, warpfire thrower weapon team, rattling gun weapon team and rat ogres.

aren’t those also units that are looking pretty derp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

What about skryre acolytes, warpfire thrower weapon team, rattling gun weapon team and rat ogres.

aren’t those also units that are looking pretty derp

It's more the fact they are metal.

If you wre coming into GW as a new customer and looking at the Skaven, I can't imagine it would be on the list of derpiest-looking models, as I feel the mask hides the era's terrible monkey faces.

As for Rat Ogres, yes they are borderline (those shoulder joints are particularly awful). Whoever got those last Spire of Dawn boxes dodged that bullet.

For me, there are three factors...:

- How bad the model is (this includes the material it is made from)

- How important that unit is in the army.

- How easy it is to proxy (proxies within GW's range being preferrable).

With this in mind, my three to replace would be...:

1) Icefall Yhetees: These models are goofy, fragile (my god, they are quick to paint though) and historically quite a potent unit that you might actually want to field. The closest GW proxy you can get is maybe the Vargheist/Crypt Horror kit and a lot of greenstuff.

2) Saurus Knights: The mounts have goofy faces and limp arms that hang down like a depressed t-rex, which makes them vastly inferior to their Dark Elf counterparts (which have aged well, despite the riders are a bit stiff). The worst plastic kit by far, and mixing with the DE Cold Ones would cost a fortune.

3) Centigors: With so many Beast-related releases not even being Beasts of Chaos, I suspect this is a dead faction. However, if the goats are ever to get a facelift, these guys are the biggest priority (as their basic infantry troops look fine, IMHO).

Edited by Kyriakin

7 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Lots of good mentions here.

As a Nighthaunt player, just want to say Hexwraiths as they look so different compared to the rest of the range.

If only these guys were bigger (those are 40mm rounds)...:

image.png.c1a3baad724150f3984b2d94a7b9feac.png

Edited by Kyriakin

On 6/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, Vasshpit said:

Ok i just remembered something. When i started this completely eluded me. My ultimate numero uno is...

1: Ardboyz. 

The kit is iconic, powerful, intimidating, beautiful, prime example that has embedded its look into history!! 

It's just time to go!!

Make way for Ardboy Murknob Kruleboyz.

Gotta second this if I'm honest.

I love the Ardboy/Black Orc, I have almost 50 of 'em, I have no particular desire to replace my own but the sculpt is showing its age and is tragically out of sync with the different direction they decided to take Ironjawz in. I think the old sculps will continue to look fine and dandy if they update them for new players and those who like to have new sculpts.

There are two issues of course: one is that the Ironjawz SC box is second to nothing for value and it's going to be sad if/when it goes away. The other is that Ironjawz need more units more than they need a resculpt of an existing unit. But if we discount these practical issues with the list, a new Ardboy with an Ironjawz aesthetic and proportions would be nifty indeed!

• Like 1

@NauticalSoup

I think one of the issues with Jawz is that with all the orruks grouped together in a single tome you get a lot of overlap with units. Ranged, light cavalry, wizorcs, etc are all covered by another faction. And now with the inclusion of Kruliez (absolutely stunning design imo) they've left even less room. This is why Ardboyz need to go and introduce Ardboy Murknobs.

Im not a fan of Bonez at all. The lore is cool but the entire range is so far from what design direction AoS seems to be going that a complete overhaul is needed imo. This would open up so many unit slots for Jawz & Kruliez. 

I know it wouldn't sit well but I think its time for Bonez to go as well. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

The Dragon Ogor kit holds up pretty well to me. Then again i'm biased, I've got 12 now. We just need a Kragnos sized Shaggoth and we're good to go. 

• Like 1